Staff Selection Commission will conduct recruitment for the post of Constable (GD) in CAPFs, NIA & SSF and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles Examination, in 2018. SSC will release notification for conducting SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2018 on July 21, 2018. Initially, this recruitment is officially named as SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2017 but SSC is conducting the exam in the year 2018. Thus, we will refer this examination as SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2018 for candidate’s ease. Recruitment shall be done on the basis of PST, PET, Written examination, and medical examination. The CAPF shall conduct Physical Standards Test (PST) / Physical Endurance Test (PET) and Medical Examination, as scheduled by organizing CAPF that is CRPF. Dates for written examination which is conducted by Staff Selection Commission has been released. Get here complete details of SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2018.
SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2018
Candidates who are interested will be able to fill the application form by visiting the official website. Interested candidates must ensure their eligibility before filling the application form. The application form must be filled on or before its last date. Schedule for SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2018 is given below.
|SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2018||Dates|
|Notification will Release on||21 Jul 2018|
|Start date for applications||21 Jul 2018|
|Last date for applications||20 Aug 2018|
|Date of Exam||To be announced|
|Call Letters for PST/ PET will be dispatched by post for offline applicants from||–|
|SSC GD Constable Result for Written Examination||–|
|Call Letters for Medical Exam||–|
|Date of medical examination||–|
Eligibility Criteria for SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2018
Make sure that you fulfil the eligibility conditions. Candidates are advised to go through the requirements of educational qualification, age, physical standards, etc. and satisfy themselves that they are eligible for the posts, before applying.
Education Qualification: Matriculation or 10th class pass is the minimum educational qualification.
Age Limit: The permissible age for the candidate is 18 to 23 years on August 01.
Physical standards laid down for the post of Constable are as follows
|Height||170 cms||157 cms|
|Weight||Proportionate to height and age as per medical standards.||Proportionate to height and age as per medical standards.|
|Chest||Unexpanded: 80 cms, min expansion 5 cms.||–|
Note: A Pregnant woman is not eligible for the SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2018.
Relaxation in Age, Height, Weight in SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2018
The relaxation in Age, Height & weight, Permissible by the commission for SSC GD Constable exam is provided here. Read more to know about the relaxation.
|Category||Upper Age Relaxation in years|
|Candidates with the nativity of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 01 Jan 1980 to 31 Dec 1989.
|Children and dependent of victims KILLED in the 1984 riots OR communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat.
Height & Weight Relaxation
|Height for Scheduled Tribe candidates hailing from the North Eastern States of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim & Tripura and Left Wing Extremism affected districts||160 cms||147.5 cms|
|Height for candidates hailing from the North Eastern States and candidates hailing from Gorkha Territorial Administration (GTA) comprising of the three Sub-Divisions of Darjeeling District.||162.5||152.5|
|Height for candidates falling in the categories of Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Dogras, Marathas and candidates belonging to the States of Assam, Himachal Pradesh, and Jammu & Kashmir||165 cm (162.5 cms – STs)||155 cms (150 cms – STs)|
The pattern of examination for SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2018
Step 1 – Physical Standard Test(PST)/ Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
The candidates who will found physically eligible in PST will undergo the PET. The scheme of PST is
|Race||5 Kms in 24 minutes||1.6 Kms in 8 ½ minutes|
|Race (candidates of Ladakh region)||1 Mile in 6 ½ minutes||800 meters in 4 minutes|
Step 2 – Written Examination
Candidates who qualify in the PST / PET shall have to appear in the online or offline mode of written examination, conducted by SSC.
- On-Line Examination will be in English, and Hindi only.
- The test will contain 100 questions of total 100 marks.
- Each question would be multiple choice question (MCQ).
|Part||Section||Number of questions||Marks|
|Part A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25|
|Part B||General Knowledge and General Awareness||25||25|
|Part C||Elementary Mathematics||25||25|
Step -3 Medical Examination
Only those candidates who will obtain the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination have to appear for the Medical Examination. The candidates will be medically examined by the medical boards constituted by the CAPFs. The purpose of the medical examination is to assess their physical and medical fitness.
- Eyesight Requirements is the first step of the medical examination.
|Visual Acuity unaided(Near Vision)||Uncorrected Visual Acuity (Distant Vision)||Refraction||Color Vision||Remarks|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
|N6||N9||6/6||6/9||Visual correction of any kind is not permitted even by glasses.||CP-III BY ISIHARA||-In right-handed person, the Right eye is better eye and vice versa.
-Binocular vision is required
- The candidates must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein and squint in eyes.
- They must be in good mental and physical health for duties.
Syllabus for SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2018
The candidates who are appearing for the SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2018 can download the Syllabus form here.
How to Prepare for SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2018?
SSC GD Exam needs determined preparation. The candidate needs to be physically and mentally strong for the examination. We have summarized some points that can help you to prepare for SSC GD. But first of all go through the eligibility deeply.
- First of try to find out your week points. Here you have to work on the physical strength as well.
- So firstly we shall talk about the physical fitness. Check your weight and stamina. Then exercise daily. Set some milestone and run with a stopwatch.
- Prepare your Diet plan. Eat healthily, sleep tight and Don’t eat junk food.
- Or Avoid any kind of food that can spoil your system.
- Now let’s talk about your study plan.
- Prepare a timetable and divide your day accordingly for study and exercise.
- Here you need to be more conscious about both factors because both are essential for the test.
- Now again analyze your week points. and Plan accordingly.
- Know examination Pattern, grab Syllabus from this page.
- The best books are in the below section.
- Read newspapers and watch news channels to grab the current knowledge for SSC GD Preparation.
- Reasoning questions are less time consuming than that of quantitative aptitude.
- Learn Short Tricks for solving these questions in less time.
- You should learn formula & short tricks while solving Mathematics.
- you should read English newspapers, watch English channels or movies with subtitles to improve your reading, speaking, and understanding skills.
Best Books for SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2018 Preparations
When you are Preparing for any competitive exams then good books help a lot. Some best books are here for your help.
- A modern approach to verbal & non-verbal reasoning
- General knowledge Book
- Book For English
- Book for Mathematical Analysis
Application Form of SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2018
SSC will release the application form for the SSC GD Constable Recruitment very soon. The mode for filling the application was online last year. The commission can repeat same procedure this year as well. SSC will release the application form on ssc.nic.in. Last year the application fee for the SSC GD Constable Recruitment was Rs. 100/-. And the candidates falling SC, ST, and Ex-Servicemen were exempted from paying the fee. So again the procedure could be same for the latest update please visit this page regularly.
Admit Card of SSC GD Constable Recruitment
The commission will release the Admit card for SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2018 on SSC’s website. As the application process overs. SSC will issue the Admit Card region wise. The candidate can download the admit card form this page. SSC releases the admit card in three stages. Firstly the SSC will release the Admit Card for PET/ PST, then for Written test and lastly for the medical test. The shortlisted candidates of each stage will able to download the Admit Card.
Results for SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2018
Those who clear the PST, PET and written examination shall be shortlisted for Detailed Medical Examination (DME), list of which will be given to MHA, CRPF. Thereafter, MHA / CRPF will issue call letters and conduct the DME and Review Medical Examination (RME).
The candidates whose roll numbers figure in the list would be called for Medical Examination subject to their fulfilling all the eligibility conditions/requirements as prescribed for the post in the Notice of Examination and also subject to thorough verification of their identity with reference to their photographs, signatures, handwriting, etc., on the application forms, admission certificates, etc. If on verification from the application form, it is found that any candidate does not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions, he will not be eligible to appear for the Medical Examination.
Last year the following candidates were qualifying in each of the four Lists
|Additional for Naxal/Militancy affected Districts)||1549||19480|
|Additional for Border Districts||1186||5157|
|Candidates qualified for NIA & SSF||127||1233|
Cut Offs for SSC GD Constable Recruitment
The Commission will prepare the final merit list of candidates category-wise and state-wise without making any force allocation. Force allocation will be done by Nodal CRPF / MHA and the final result is also be declared by them. The minimum cut off percentage of marks for selection will normally be as under.
- General and Ex-servicemen: 35%
- SC/ST/OBC : 33%
- Click Here to view exact cutoffs of previous recruitment.
Last year Vacancies and Pay Scale of SSC GD Constable Recruitment
The number of vacancies will be announced along with the notification. Last year the total number of vacancies of Constable (GD) filled through Constable (GD) Exam was as follows:
Total vacancies: 62390; Pay Scale – Pay Band – I, Rs 5200-20200 + Grade Pay Rs 2000.
Contact Details of SSC Regional Helplines
Candidates may contact following Regional Help Lines for clarifications, if any, in respect of filling/submitting applications and written examination:-
- Northen Region SSC (NR), New Delhi – 01164715222, 01165570666,
- Central Region SSC (CR), Allahabad – 05322460511, 05326541021,
- Southern Region SSC (SR), Chennai – 09445195946, 04428251139,
- Western Region SSC (WR), Mumbai – 09869730700, 07738422705,
- east Region SSC (ER), Kolkata – 09477461228, 09477461229,
- Madhya Pradesh Region SSC (MPR) Raipur – 09407921504, 09407921505,
- Karnataka Region SSC (KKR), Bangalore – 08025502520, 09483862020,
- North West Region SSC (NWR), Chandigarh – 01722749378, 01722742144,
- SSC (NER), Guwahati, – 09085073593, 09085015252,
- CRPF: – 011-24364884, Extn. 436 and 317.
Official website: www.ssc.nic.in
Insofar, official notice of SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2018. Information on this page is according to last year’s brochure and is for reference purpose only. As soon as the official notification is released, Information will be updated here.