SSC GD Constable Preparation 2022: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Staff Selection Commission General Duty (GD) to recruit qualified applicants to Constable and Rifleman posts. The SSC GD 2022 is expected to be held for 25000+ posts. This means more than lakhs of people will be applying for this government exam. To finalize the selection process Computer-based test (CBT), Physical Efficiency Test, Physical Standards Test, Medical Test, and Document Verification has to be completed successfully. The commencement of SSC GD Constable Exam 2022 will begin with an online Computer Based Test (CBT), followed by other stages. To qualify the SSC GD Constable Exam 2022, candidates first need to focus on CBT. Try attempting Mock test, Practice Paper, Previous Year Paper to know the pattern of the exam.
SSC GD Constable Preparation 2022
Your preparation for SSC GD Constable Preparation 2022 will be more based on your personal inclination towards how crucial it is to crack your exam. Lakhs of candidates register themselves for this prominent government exam and few thousands of candidates are able to succeed through it. For aspirants, it’s quite necessary to understand the paper pattern while referring to the previous year’s papers. Also, the marking scheme and most important sections of the examination. SSC GD Constable Preparation 2022 will not be complete without having the knowledge of the syllabus, so initially begin with knowing the syllabus.
SSC GD Constable Syllabus
As mentioned above, the syllabus is the most important aspect of your preparation. To solve the candidates’ doubts about the syllabus here’s the comprehensive syllabus of SSC GD 2022:
|Elementary Mathematics||Ratio and Proportion, Simplification, Number Systems, Mixture and Alligation, Integers, Rational Irrational Numbers, Percentage, Profit and Loss, Average, Simple Interest, Time and Work, Compound Interest, Speed, Distance and Time, etc.|
|General Knowledge & General Awareness||Polity, Judiciary, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nutrition Environment, Diseases, History, etc.|
|General Intelligence & Logical Reasoning||Coding-Decoding, Analogy, Blood Relations, Classification, Series, Ordering, Ranking, Directions, Sense, Word Test, Venn Diagrams, Puzzles, Missing number, Mirror Image, Hidden Figure, Non-Verbal Reasoning, Paper Folding.|
|English/ Hindi||For Hindi- विलोमार्थी शब्द, वर्तनी की सामान्य अशुद्धियाँ, मुहावरा व उनका अर्थ, कहावतें व लोकोक्तियां etc.For English- Comprehension,Fill In The Blanks, Sentence Improvement, Synonym, Antonym, etc.|
SSC GD Constable Exam Pattern 2022
SSC GD Constable Exam is scrutinized in four stages: Computer-based test (CBT), Physical Efficiency Test, Physical Standards Test, Medical Test, and Document Verification. First, the commission conducts the Computer-Based Test. Chek detailed SSC GD Constable Exam Pattern below.
Computer Based Test:
- Total Questions: 100
- Total Marks: 100
- Time: 90 Minutes
- Marks per question: +1
- Negative Marking: -0.25
|General Knowledge & General Awareness||25||25|
|General Intelligence & Logical Reasoning||25||25|
SSC GD 2022 Preparation Tips
All the government exams conducted by SSC across the country are regarded as the most popular government examinations. However, being held for 27000+ vacancies and registered applicants numbering 20+ lakhs, SSC GD tops the list. This data marks how crucial it becomes for the candidates to prepare well for this government exam. In this section, you’ll get precise tips & tricks to ace the SSC GD Exam 2022.
- Make a time-table: Design a time table and work according to that to give a good amount of time to each subject for SSC GD Exam 2022.
- Play brain games, quizzes, trivia: Playing Quizzes, Brain Tricking Puzzles, Trivia, can help you memorize faster. It improves logical and reasonable thinking skills and will definitely aid your preparation.
- Practice Previous year papers & sample papers: Fair amount of idea about the paper pattern can be gained from practicing previous year papers. Try sample papers as well to explore vast areas of paper pattern.
- Mark your time: While candidates are solving a question paper it is necessarily important to mark the time duration taken to complete the paper. This technique will have the candidates manage their time so that they are able to complete the whole paper in the final exam.
Subject Wise Preparation Tips for SSC GD 2022
Preparation is best done when it is done subject-wise. Subject-wise preparation will equalize the time and effort required and hence will benefit you on the examination day.
The SSC GD CBT comprises questions asked from four major areas: General Intelligence & Logical Reasoning, Elementary Mathematics, English/Hindi, and General Knowledge and General Awareness.
25 marks MCQS are asked from Elementary Mathematics candidates should follow these tips to prepare this section:
- Refer to NCERT based Mathematics books.
- Practice Mock Test, past ten years question papers.
- Practice memory based questions.
- Learn basic formulas, understand the concept of questions.
25 marks MCQS are asked from English/Hindi candidates should follow these tips to prepare this:
- Learn the Basic rules of English & Hindi Grammar.
- Adapt a habit of reading everyday.
- Focus on your vocabulary and find Antonyms & Synonyms of commonly used words.
- Read articles, newspapers, books and if you come across a new word don’t let go of.
General Knowledge & General Awareness
25 marks MCQs are asked from General Knowledge candidates should follow these steps to prepare this:
- Read newspapers daily to keep yourself updated about current and world events.
- Learn about new enforced laws, awardees, international agreements, political events, etc.
- Know about the current literary scenes in India and Abroad.
General Intelligence & Logical Reasoning
25 marks MCQs are asked for Reasoning. To prepare this candidates can follow up with these tips:
- Practice mock papers based on Reasoning
- Challenge yourselves with basic reasoning questions
- Practice previous year reasoning questions also refer to sample papers.
SSC GD Preparation Books
The best books for SSC GD Preparation Books will aid the candidates’ preparation for upcoming exams. Here are some books to help you master your preparation:
- Arihant Constable GD Exam Guide 2021: Click Here
- SSC Constable GD Complete Syllabus -Wise Study Guidebook for Exam 2021: Click Here
- SSC Topic-wise 48 Solved Papers (2010-2019): Click Here
About SSC GD Exam
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the General Duty Constable Exam (GD) to recruit eligible and qualified candidates for the available government posts of General Duty Constable and Rifleman. SSC GD Exam is a computer-based test (CBT) national-level exam conducted annually by the SSC for available vacancies. The SSC GD recruitment is finalized after various rounds of SSC GD CBT, Physical Standards Test, Physical Efficiency Test, and Medical Test.
Q1: Where is the official syllabus of SSC GD released?
Ans: The official syllabus of SSC GD is mentioned in exam notification released on the official website ssc.nic.in.
Q2: How many subjects are covered in SSC GD CBT?
Ans: The questions are asked from topics: General Intelligence & Logical Reasoning, Elementary Mathematics, English/Hindi, and General Knowledge and General Awareness.
Q3: Is there any negative marking in SSC GD 2022?
Ans: Yes, -0.25 mark is deducted per wrong answer.