SSC JHT Preparation 2022: The Staff Selection Commission conducts the open Competitive Examination for the recruitment of Junior Hindi Translators, Junior Translators, Senior Hindi Translators. The Open Competitive Exam is conducted in two stages. The first stage is the Objective-type Computer-based Examination and the second is a Written Descriptive-type Examination. Both the papers are of degree level. Furthermore, since the eligibility criteria lists a Master Degree as an essential educational qualification, it can be expected that the level of the SSC JHT Exam is high. As such, candidates need to have proper, holistic and full-fledged preparation before appearing for the SSC JHT Exam. Candidates can find all such information related to SSC JHT Preparation 2022 in this article.
SSC JHT Preparation 2022
The SSC JHT lists a Master Degree from a recognized university as an essential qualification. Evidently, the level of the exam is also of a higher degree where the candidates must have a definite hold over the Hindi language. Since it is this knowledge of Hindi Literature and Language that will be tested through the SSC JHT Exam, it is rather essential that the candidates are fully prepared and have a set of preparation tips and resources that contribute to that.
SSC JHT Syllabus
The SSC JHT Syllabus is indicative and is mentioned in the official notification of the SSC JHT Exam. However, candidates who wish to appear for the SSC JHT Exam need to familiarize themselves with the SSC JHT Syllabus to be fully prepared. As such, the SSC JHT Syllabus is given below:
|Paper||Syllabus||Purpose of the Paper|
|Paper I||Correct use of words, phrases and Idioms, Synonyms and Antonyms, Proverbs, paragraphs, comprehension, vocabulary, sentence and sentence structure, Verbs, Preposition, articles, error recognition and correction and sentence completion||To test the candidate’s understanding of the languages and literature|
|Paper II||One passage for translation from Hindi to English One passage for translation from English to HindiAn essay in HindiAn essay in English||To test the candidate’s writing abilities|
SSC JHT Exam Pattern
Apart from the SSC JHT Syllabus, candidates also need to be aware of the SSC JHT Exam Pattern. The SSC JHT Exam has two papers. The exam patterns for the both the papers of the SSC JHT Exam are given below:
- Exam Mode: Computer-based
- Exam Type: Objective-type
- Total Marks: 100
- Total No. Of Questions: 100
- Time Duration: 2 hours
- Negative Marking: 0.25
- Exam Mode: Written
- Exam Type: Descriptive-type
- Total Marks: 200
- Time Duration: 2 hours
More information regarding the two papers of the SSC JHT Exam is given below:
|Paper I||General Hindi/General English||Degree Level|
|Paper II||Translation or Essay||Degree Level|
SSC JHT Preparation Tips
Apart from having a complete idea of the SSC JHT Exam Pattern and Syllabus, candidates can also use certain tricks while preparing for the exam to ensure their preparation is complete. It is for this purpose, that a few preparation tricks are listed below:
- Candidates should have a definite idea of the SSC JHT Exam Pattern and Syllabus.
- Candidates should get a hold of previous year question papers or model questions and practise using those sets.
- Candidates can also give timed mock tests.
- Candidates should brush up on their Hindi and English knowledge.
- Candidates should revise the names, authors and contents of mainstream or recent Hindi and English literature.
- Candidates should make it a habit of practicing English grammar questions.
- Candidates should use proper workbooks and grammar exercise sets to practise for the Hindi language questions.
- Candidates should also regularly write essays on relevant topics to practise for Paper II.
- Candidates should practise translation using passages everyday to make sure they are fully equipped to answer the translation exercise in Paper II.
- Candidates should brush up on their overall reading, writing, comprehension, translation skills in both Hindi and English.
Preparation tips for Paper I of SSC JHT Exam:
- Candidates should make it a habit to solve grammar exercises from any grammar book daily.
- Candidates should revise the concepts of sentences and sentence structures in both Hindi and English.
- Candidates should do an overall revision of all grammar concepts from any Hindi and English grammar books.
- Candidates should solve articles and prepositions exercises daily.
- Candidates should especially focus on revising Antonyms and Synonyms to avoid confusion at the last minute.
- Candidates should start brushing up on common Idioms, phrases and Proverbs well before appearing for the exam.
- Candidates should practise verb exercises and also work on recognition and correction of errors in sentences.
- Candidates should read more novels, articles and passages to get a proper hold of the language in terms of understanding and using it.
Preparation tips for Paper II of SSC JHT Exam:
- Candidates should write long-length essays on relevant topics so that they may be in the habit of writing of such stature in an exam.
- Candidates should always time themselves while writing the essays so that they may know how much time they can spare for each question.
- Candidates should use proper books to practise translation between Hindi and English.
- Candidates should make it a habit of translating a certain number of passages from Hindi to English and English to Hindi every day.
- Candidates should practise translation on passages of varying degree of difficulty so that they can keep themselves motivated.
- Candidates should make use of translation in everyday common instances to keep themselves in the habit of translating under any circumstance.
- Candidates should read Hindi and English newspapers daily to keep themselves familiarized with the language.
- Candidates should get their translations checked and corrected and make a note of the corrections so that they may not make the same mistakes when working in an official capacity.
SSC JHT Books
Candidates should also have the knowledge of what books to use for all the specific subjects included in the SSC JHT Exam. Therefore, for that purpose, a list of SSC JHT Books has been compiled and presented below:
|SSC: Translator (Junior & Senior) / Hindi Pradhyapak (Paper-I & II) Recruitment Exam Guide: |
Translator/Pradhyapak Recruitment Exam Guide (Popular Master Guide)
|SSC Junior Translator/Junior Hindi Translator Recruitment Exam (Arihant Experts)||Check Price|
|Samanya Hindi Evam Samkshipt Vyakaran (Hindi) by Dr.Brij Kishore Prasad Singh||Check Price|
|Wren & Martin High School English Grammar And Composition Book||Check Price|
|Manas Hindi Vyakaran (Hindi Grammar) By Subhash Yadav And Rajendra Lamba||Check Price|
|Adhunik Hindi Vyakaran Aur Rachna by Basudeo Nandan Prasad||Check Price|
|Popular English Grammar by HS Bhatia||Check Price|
About SSC JHT
The Staff Selection Commission conducts the Open Competitive Examination for Group ‘B’ Non-Gazetted posts of Junior Hindi Translator, Junior Translator and Senior Hindi Translator for various Ministries/Departments/Organizations in the Government of India.
- How many papers does the SSC JHT Exam have?
The SSC JHT Exam has two papers-Paper I and Paper II.
- What kind of questions come for Paper I?
Candidates get Objective-type General English and Hindi questions for Paper I of SSC JHT Exam.
- What questions can we expect for Paper II of SSC JHT Exam? Candidates can expect translation and essay exercises from Hindi and English for Paper II of SSC JHT Exam.
- What book can I use to prepare for the English grammar portion of Paper I?
Candidates can use Wren and Martin to prepare for any possible English grammar and writing questions.
- How can we prepare for Paper II of SSC JHT Exam?
Candidates should regularly do translation exercises and write long essays on relevant topics to prepare for Paper II of the SSC JHT Exam.