SSC MTS Preparation 2022 – The Staff Selection Commission carries out the SSC MTS recruitment scheme for eligible candidates every year. However, to tackle the exam successfully, candidates must not only study the syllabus and the exam pattern but also form a solid strategy for tackling the exam. For this purpose, toppers, as well as experts, have provided some tips and strategies for preparing for the SSC MTS exam. Candidates can learn those preparation tips and tricks in this article. Read this article to learn more regarding the SSC MTS Preparation 2022.
SSC MTS Preparation 2022
Before trying to form a preparation strategy, candidates must be familiar with the syllabus as well as the exam pattern of the SSC MTS exam. Learning all details regarding the syllabus and the exam pattern makes candidates understand how they should study for the exam as well as how much effort should they dedicate towards exam preparation. For this purpose, check out the SSC MTS syllabus and exam pattern given below.
SSC MTS Syllabus 2022
Candidates can learn more details regarding syllabus of SSC MTS 2022 in this article. Refer to the information regarding the SSC MTS syllabus mentioned below to understand the nature of the syllabus.
- Paper 1
- English language- Sentence structure, vocabulary, grammar, synonyms, antonyms, etc.
- Reasoning- Arithmetical number series, decision making, arithmetical computation, observation, etc.
- Numerical Aptitude- Averages, Decimals and Fractions, Ratio and Time, Computation of Whole Numbers, etc.
- General Awareness- Economical background, Sports, Geography, History, etc. of India and its neighboring countries.
- Paper 2- Candidates need to write one essay or letter in either English or in any other language mentioned in the 8th schedule of the constitution. This paper tests the basic language skills of the candidate.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2022
Once candidates understand the SSC MTS syllabus, they must try to familiarize themselves with the exam pattern to understand the nature of the questions of the exam. We have provided the details regarding the exam pattern in this article below.
- Paper 1
- Nature of exam- Computer-based, and objective-type
- Subjects- General Awareness, English, Numerical Aptitude, Reasoning
- Maximum marks- 100 marks
- Total number of questions- 100 questions
- Time Duration- 90 minutes (120 minutes for disabled candidates who are eligible for a scribe)
- Negative marking- 0.25 marks are deducted per the wrong answer
- Paper 2
- Nature of exam- Descriptive type
- Subjects- Essay or letter in any language mentioned in the 8th schedule of the Constitution
- Maximum marks- 50 marks
- Time Duration- 30 minutes (40 minutes for disabled candidates who are eligible for a scribe)
SSC MTS 2022 Preparation Tips
Over 19 lakh candidates appear for the SSC MTS exam every year. Since the nature of the exam is extremely competitive, candidates must prepare for the exam efficiently. Follow the exam preparation tips given below to tackle the SSC MTS exam effectively.
- Make a solid foundation
- Ensure that you are clear about the basic concepts first.
- Keep revising the basic concepts until you are confident you know everything about them.
- Don’t learn every small detail of the concepts you are memorizing, try to look at the bigger picture. Focus on the overall concept rather than the details.
- Time management is important
- While solving mock tests and practice papers, time yourself and try to finish solving the paper 10 minutes before the time is up.
- During the studying period, focus more on important topics with more weightage and dedicate more time to study those topics.
- It is also important to spend more time studying your weak subjects and topics.
- Candidates must make sure that they answer as many questions as they can accurately as fast as possible.
- Create a study timetable well in advance.
- Study smartly
- Instead of referring to too many books, refer to only one or two books per subject.
- Memorize all the necessary formulas as well as shortcuts to solve the questions quickly.
- Clear every doubt you come across by referring to your reference books, youtube videos, or by asking experts.
SSC MTS 2022 Subject-wise Preparation Tips
While forming an overall preparation strategy to tackle the exam is the first step for passing the exam successfully, candidates must make a subject-wise preparation strategy as well. This helps them study every subject of the exam efficiently. The subject-wise preparation tips for the SSC MTS exam are given below.
- Start reading at least one magazine to learn new vocabulary.
- Make flashcards of any new vocabulary you learn.
- Memorize all the basic grammar rules from books like Wren and Martin.
- Solve at least one comprehension passage daily.
- Practice writing letters in formal English as well as essays on various topics.
- General Awareness
- Read national-level newspapers daily such as The Hindu, Times of India, and several other papers.
- Make sure that your static general knowledge is strong. Static general knowledge is the most scoring section of the general awareness paper.
- Don’t make notes for this paper. Just solve current affairs questions daily to strengthen your knowledge.
- Watch monthly compilations of current affairs videos on youtube to learn about important events.
- Try to solve jumbled sentences daily.
- Put the maximum focus on series-type questions because they have more weightage.
- Practice reasoning questions daily by using mock exam papers, practice papers as well as various reference books from publication houses like Arihant.
- Try to solve the reasoning questions as quickly as possible. Don’t complicate the answers too much.
- Numerical Aptitude
- Spend at least half an hour daily on basic calculations.
- Be clear about basic concepts regarding Ratio, Profit and Loss, and other similar important subjects.
- Learn all formulas and shortcuts such as squares, cubes, Pythagorean triplets, etc.
- Use Vedic maths to solve questions as it improves speed and accuracy.
SSC MTS 2022 Preparation Books
Once candidates have made a solid preparation strategy, they need to refer to good reference books which prepare them for the SSC MTS exam thoroughly. We have provided a list of SSC MTS reference books that can help candidates with their exam preparation.
|Book and Author Name||Check Link|
|SSC MTS Guide- Arihant Experts||Check Link|
|SSC MTS Solved Papers- Kiran Publications||Check Link|
|SSC MTS Solved Papers- Arihant Experts||Check Link|
|SSC MTS Complete Preparation- EduGorilla||Check Link|
|SSC MTS Solved Papers- Rama Publishers||Check Link|
About SSC MTS
The Staff Selection Commission is responsible for conducting the SSC Multitasking Staff exam to recruit aspirants for the Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post in various departments and ministries of Government of India every year. Candidates need to undergo two stages of the exam, namely, Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 is an objective-type paper conducted through a computer-based mode. Meanwhile, Paper 2 is a descriptive-type exam that tests the writing skills and language skills of the candidate in a certain language. Candidates must pass both stages of the exam to get shortlisted for their desired post.
Ans: Candidates must practice solving mathematical problems every day to solve Numerical Aptitude questions with speed and accuracy.
Ans: Candidates can successfully tackle the SSC MTS exam in two months if they adopt a good time management strategy and fix a timetable to study daily.
Ans: Candidates can practice the SSC MTS syllabus by attempting mock exams provided by various publication houses such as Arihant and Kiran publications.