SSC Scientific Assistant Preparation 2022: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) held the SSC Scientific Assistant Exam to appoint competent candidates to the SSC Scientific Assistant post under Indian Meteorological Department. This exam is aimed for the recruitment of a Scientific Assistant who assists the researchers to carry out analysis or research. The crucial phase of the SSC Scientific Assistant Exam is the Computer-Based Test (CBT) which requires a lot of attention. On average, more than a thousand people apply for this post every year making it more competitive. So, it’s essential to know some preparation tips which aid applicants’ exam preparation. Read the complete article to know more about the SSC Scientific Assistant Preparation 2022.
SSC Scientific Assistant Preparation 2022
“Nothing in the world can be achieved without strenuous effort.” Keeping this in mind candidates should begin the SSC Scientific Assistant Preparation 2022. Applicants are suggested to begin the preparation in following a synchronized way, first know the syllabus. Second, learn about the exam pattern and thirdly commence the preparation.
SSC Scientific Assistant Syllabus
There is always chaos in candidates’ minds about the authentic syllabus. Yet many fail the syllabus which is actually legitimate. So, here is the SSC Scientific Assistant Syllabus 2022:
General Intelligence & Reasoning:
- space visualization,
- problem solving,
- analysis, judgment, decision making,
- visual memory,
- relationship concepts,
- arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series etc.
- Physical, geographical, topographical, economic and climatic features of India,
- Current events,
- Matters of everyday observation and experience on scientific aspects and reasoning,
- Basic topics of mathematics, Chemistry and Physics,
- History of India, Economic and social aspects of the country and its people.
- Ratio & Proportion,
- Square roots,
- Averages, interest,
- Profit and Loss, Discount,
- Partnership Business,
- Mixture and Alligation,
- Time and Distance, Time & Work,
- Algebraic identities & Elementary Surds,
- Graphs of Linear Equations,
- Triangle and, Circle, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base,
- Trigonometric ratio,
- Heights and Distances,
- Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart
English Language & Comprehension:
- English grammar, Vocabulary, Spellings,Synonyms and Antonyms, Comprehension, Correct and incorrect usages, etc
SSC Scientific Assistant Exam Pattern 2022
The Scheme of SSC Assistant Exam 2022 is as follows:
- Paper Mode: Online CBT
- Total number of questions: 200
- Total number of marks: 200
- Marks per question: +1
- Negative Marking: -0.25
- Total Time Duration: 2 hours
- Number of Papers: 2
|Papers||Subject||No. of questions||Duration|
|Part-I||General Intelligence & Reasoning |
English language & Comprehension
|Part-II||Physics, Computer Science and Information Technology, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.|
SSC Scientific Assistant 2022 Preparation Tips
There is no hard and fast method adopted for SSC Scientific Assistant 2022 Preparation. It shall commence with reading and understanding the exam pattern and syllabus. Candidates who understand the basic requirements of the examination will definitely be able to ace it:
- Decide the study time: More than preparing the time table it is important to decide the right time to start the preparation. The study time shouldn’t collide with odd times. Candidates should rather study the most in the morning than late at night.
- Distribute the study schedule into short durations: Applicants should distribute their studying schedule into shorter sessions all through the morning and take enough breaks to fresh the mind.
- Curtail the time period using phones: Candidates wishing to crack the SSC Scientific Assistant Exam should focus on examinations more than using mobile phones or playing games or social media. Usage of mobile phones for more than required time period not only distresses candidates but also shifts their focus from studies.
- Try previous year papers and mock tests: There are a good number of books to offer candidates with medium to tough practice questions. These books should be kept into consideration while preparing as it not only challenges the applicant’s thinking ability but also assists and acknowledges them about the type of questions that can be asked in examination.
- Get informed about the new events happening across the world: Applicants should be updated about the new and important events highlighted around the globe.
- Revise thoroughly: After applicants have prepared a unit they should explore more and more questions regarding that particular unit. It favours the applicant’s preparation in a more precise and effective way.
Subject Wise Preparation Tips for SSC Scientific Assistant 2022
Normally the questions are asked from four areas in the SSC Scientific Assistant Exam. That is- General Intelligence & Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, English language & Comprehension, and General Awareness. It is therefore important to prepare subject wise to equate the preparation.
General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Practice questions based on problem solving,analysis, judgment, and decision making.
- Practice Mock Test available on Google/YouTube.
- Practice Reasoning questions and find conclusions from it.
- Try some arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure Questions in free time.
- Practice High School mathematics’ units.
- Learn the mathematical formulas. Also, focus on Menstruation chapters.
- Practice Fundamental Arithmetical questions.
- Learn about angles and their properties.
- Read newspapers daily to keep yourself updated about current and world events.
- Learn about Physical, geographical, topographical, economic and climatic features of India.
- Know about some basic topics of mathematics, chemistry and physics.
- Study History of India, Economic and social aspects of the country and its people.
English language & Comprehension
- Learn Grammar Rules, and framework of applying it.
- Read comprehension and essays on informative topics daily.
- Try grammar exercises to evaluate the knowledge of grammar.
- Learn Antonyms and Synonyms along with correct Spellings.
SSC Scientific Assistant 2022 Preparation Books
The SSC Scientific Assistant 2022 Preparation Books will aid the candidates’ preparation for upcoming exams. Here are some books to help you master your preparation:
- Previous year papers: SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment Examination 2017 (Paper I & II): Click Here
- Previous year papers: SSC SCIENTIFIC ASSISTANT 2017 INDIA METEOROLOGICAL DEPARTMENT PREVIOUS YEAR SOLVED PAPERS (2011) Practice Sets With Solutions: Click Here
- Book for Preparation of Quantitative Aptitude: Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations: Click Here
- Book for Preparation of Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and English: Shortcuts & Tips in Quantitative Aptitude/ Reasoning/ English for Competitive Exams 2nd Edition: Click Here
About SSC Scientific Assistant Exam
The SSC Scientific Assistant is conducted by SSC. It is a competitive national-based examination meant for recruitment of Scientific Assistant Vacancies under the Indian Meteorological Department (IDM). There are certain categories of posts for which the exam is held. Every year candidates interested in research and forecast departments apply for this eminent examination. Those applicants who have a Bachelor’s Degree in Science stream along with any one of the three subjects, i.e. Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics, and Mechanical are eligible to apply.
Q1: What is the paper mode of SSC Scientific Assistant 2022?
Ans: The SSC Scientific Assistant 2022 will be conducted in online mode. It is a Computer-based test.
Q2: What is the best book to prepare for “Quantitative Aptitude” for SSC Scientific Assistant?
Ans: The best book to prepare for SSC Scientific Assistant “Quantitative Aptitude” is Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by S.Chand.
Q3: What are the subjects of SSC Scientific Assistant CBT Paper II?
Ans: The SSC Scientific Assistant Assistant CBT Paper II comprises of Physics, Computer Science and Information Technology, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.