SSC Selection Post Phase 8 Exam – Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Selection Post Phase 8 exam is around the corner. The exam will take place from November 06, 2020, to November 10, 2020 in three shifts. To conduct the exam smoothly, SSC has released certain guidelines which are mandatory to follow. Aspirants who do not abide by the exam guidelines are not allowed to take the exam. Check the exam day guideline and SOPs here. Candidates are suggested to periodically visit ssc.nic.in for updates related to SSC Selection Post Phase 8 exam. Know SSC Selection Post Phase 8 Exam Guidelines, Document to Carry to the exam centre, Preparation Tips, and much more in this article.
Latest: Check exam day guidelines & preparation tips for SSC Selection Post Phase 8 Exam here.
SSC Selection Post Phase 8 Exam
The examination for SSC Selection Post Phase 8 was earlier scheduled in the month of June which was re-scheduled for September 2020. However, due to the extending of lockdown, SSC decided to update the exam schedule. Check out some important dates related o the SSC Selection Post Phase 8 Exam below.
|Release of admit card||27 Oct 2020 onwards|
|SSC Selection Post Phase 8 2020 Exam Date|
Other candidates – 06, to 10 Nov 2020
Bihar Exam Centre – 14 Dec 2020
Official website: ssc.nic.in.
SSC Selection Post Phase 8 Exam Day Guidelines
We all are aware of the current situation of COVID-19. As the exam is taking place amidst Coronavirus, SSC has published certain guidelines that candidates have to follow during the exam. Some of these are general guidelines whereas others are COVID-19 specific. Check the exam day guidelines for SSC Selection Post Phase 8 below.
- Candidates are suggested to reach the exam centre at least 10-15 minutes before the reporting time.
- Carry all the relevant documents that are required for the verification. This is discussed in the next section in detail.
- It is mandatory to wear a mask all the time. The conducting body may ask the candidate to remove the mask for some time for verification.
- Also, carry a small transparent bottle of hand sanitizer.
- It is mandatory to maintain social distancing not only inside but also outside the exam centre/ hall.
- Also, carry COVID-19 self-declaration form published with admission certificate
- No candidate is allowed to leave the exam hall before the exam timings.
- Electronic items such as mobile phone, headphones, Bluetooth, or any related items is prohibited.
Important Instructions in Admit Card
Social Distancing Guidelines by SSC
SSC Selection Post Phase 8 Admit Card – Available!
The admit card for SSC Selection Post Phase 8 is now available. Candidates can use the link available below to directly download the call letter for the exam.
Click Here to download SSC Selection Post Phase 8 Admit Card
How to download admit card?
Document to carry to SSC Selection Post Phase 8 Exam Centre
There are certain documents that candidates have to follow to the SSC Phase 8 examination. These documents are required for the verification purpose. So, refer to the check list below.
- A print out of SSC Selection Post Phase 8 admission certificate
- 02 recent passport size photograph
- Original photo ID proof having date of birth
- Aadhaar Card/ Printout of E-Aadhaar
- Voter’s ID Card,
- Driving License,
- PAN Card
- ID Card issued by School/ College.
- Employer ID Card (Govt./ PSU/ Private), etc
- Ex-Serviceman Discharge Book issued by the Ministry of Defence.
- Any other photo identity proof issued by the Central/State government
SSC Selection Post Phase 8 Exam Pattern
Now that the exam is just 02 days away, it is good to brush up some basics of SSC Selection Post Phase 8 exam. In this section, we are discussing the exam pattern for the SSC Selection post.
- Mode of examination: Online examination
- Duration of examination: 60 minutes (80 minutes for candidates eligible for Scribes)
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions
- Maximum marks: 200 marks
- Total number of questions: 100 questions
- Marking scheme:
|For correct answer||+2 marks|
|For incorrect answer||-0.5 marks|
- Distribution of questions:
|Subject||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Quantitative Aptitude |
(Basic Arithmetic Skill)
Know detailed SSC Selection Post Phase 8 Syllabus here – Download now!
SSC Selection Post Phase 8 Preparation Tips
To stay ahead of the competitors and score more, here are some preparation tips that candidates must keep in mind.
#1 First and foremost tip is to attempt the questions with a calm mind. Candidates should avoid hurrying-up while attempting the questions as they may make mistakes in haste.
#2 Remember that there is negative marking in SSC Selection Post Phase 8 exam. So, candidates should focus on answering the questions that they are sure about.
#3 Before appearing for the exam, go through the exam pattern and syllabus once. Ensure that no topic is left untouched, that is already studied, avoid studying any new topic.
#4 Keep practising with previous year question paper, model test papers and mock tests. Refer to the websites that provide mock tests for preparation and evaluate the performance.
#5 Keep short notes of important topics, revise them time-to-time, instead of opening the books again and again.
SSC Selection Post Previous Year Question Paper
Candidates must have prepared really hard for the SSC Selection Post Phase 8 exam. So, before appearing for the real examination it is always good to practice. Hence, to help out readers, we have given here the direct links for SSC Selection Post Phase 8 questions papers and answer key. Use both of these resources to practice some previously asked questions and score more in the real exam!
SSC Selection Post Phase 8 Exam 2020 – Revise With Us!
Revising things is as important as studying them. With only 02 days in hand, candidates should better start their revision. There are certain SSC Selection Post mentors who have published some strategy videos and important topics for the examination. Aspirants are advised to refer to such videos for better performance. Here is one such video by Abhas Saini on important topics of SSC Selection Post Phase 8 exam.
SSC Selection Post Phase -8 Status Out Important by Verbal Maths by Abhas Saini
About SSC Seleciton Post Phase 8
The exam for SSC Selection post phase 8 is conducted for various posts. Some of the advertised posts includes Lab Assistant, Technical Operator, Junior Engineer, Scientific Assistant, Field Assistant, Technical Officer, Textile Designer, Girls Cadet Instructor and others. Candidates have to appear for CBT followed by Document verification round to get appointed under one of the advertised posts. Aspirants must secure at least 35% marks in CBT round to appear for DV session.