SSC Stenographer Application Form 2017 – Staff Selection Commission has invited applications for recruiting eligible individuals for the post Stenographer through the Online Application Form 2017. The form can be filled from 17 June 2017 until 15 July 2017. The Post to be filled is Stenographers (Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’). There shall be a Computer Based Test to determine the suitability of the candidate for the post. Applicants who are desirous of filling the form but still hasn’t applied can look at this article to know more about the application for procedure. The official link to apply can be found below.
If you are looking for SSC Stenographer Application Form 2018 then
SSC Stenographer Online Application Form 2017 is available, apply now!
A candidate who has passed 12th class from a recognised Board and is between 18-27 years of age as on 01 August 2017 is eligible to apply. Applicant must be an Indian National. However, candidates with hearing impairment are not allowed to apply for the post. You will have to apply online in online mode using the link at official website- ssconline.nic.in.
SSC Stenographer Online Application Form 2017 Important dates
|Application form submission in online mode starts||17 June 2017|
|Last date to accept online application||15 July 2017 upto 05:00 PM|
|Offline challan generation end date||15 July 2017 upto 05:00 PM|
|Payment through SBI Challan||18 July 2017 upto 05:00 PM|
|Date of CBT|
Note- candidates with hearing impaired are not found qualified for applying.
How to Apply
The application form will be completed in 2 parts.
To apply for the post, candidates can CLICK HERE.
You will be directed to a page which contains three boxes with different links. The left hand box shows you the New Registration link where the candidate will be registered if he is a first time visitor. Select “REGISTER”. The following window shall open up.
PART 1- Registration
In the spaces you can observe that few details have been asked.
- Name- as recorded in 10th class certificate. Do not use salutation
- Verify Name-
- Father’s Name- as recorded in 10th class certificate. Do not use salutation
- Verify Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Verify Mother’s Name
- Secondary Board Exam Roll Number- 10th Board Examination Roll Number
- Verify Secondary Board Exam Roll Number
- Date of Birth- as recorded in 10th class certificate.
- Verify Date of Birth
- Verify Gender
- Enter the code as displayed on the computer screen
- Hit “Enter”
After you hit enter, a dialog box prompting you to confirm the entered details will appear. Press “OKAY” and then Continue. A full fledged form will appear next. This page contains further details to be filled. Let us see what are the details
Personal Details Form
Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Secondary Board Examination Board Roll Number, Date of Birth, Gender will be pre-filled.
Basic Details Form
- Visible Identification Mark
- Category- SC/ST/OBC/General (also verify the category entered)
- Whether you belong to religious minority community?- Select Yes or No
- Nationality- Indian/ Others
- If person with disability- Select Yes or No ( form can be found at the bottom of the brochure)
- Type of disability- OH/HH/VH
- Percentage of disability- less than 40%/ 40% or above
- Certificate Number
- Certificate issue date- dd/mm/yyyy format
Contact Details Form
- Permanent Address- use CAPITAL LETTERS only. Keep space between each word. Do not use commas and special characters.
- STD Code
- Phone Number
- Mobile Number- (also confirm the mobile number entered)
- Email ID- (also confirm the Email ID)
- Confirm the details and select “OKAY”
Special Note – Now you will receive a 10 digit Registration Number and a 4 digit unique Password. Keep the credentials displayed on the top of the form.
The candidates should now proceed to upload the scanned documents as per the specified format.
|Specifications for||Format||Minimum size||Maximum size|
|Photograph||JPG||4 kb||12 kb|
|Signature||JPG||1 kb||12 kb|
Browse the file from your system and upload by clicking “choose file” and submit both. Press “Next”.
If you have filled in any information incorrectly by mistake, you can make the changes by inserting these details such as:-
- Date of Birth
- Registration number
- Enter the text as displayed
After this the candidates will be able to make changes as desired. Then begins part 2 of the form.
PART 2- Application Form Filling
The form with some details pre-filled will appear and the rest has to be filled by the candidates themselves. The entries that are already filled would be candidate name, father name, mother’s name, gender, dob, nationality, category, address, photo uploaded etc.
What entries are required to be made?
- Name of examination centre and code- use the dropdown box and choose the location aptly
- Do you possess knowledge of Stenography?- select Yes or No
- If ex-servicemen?- select Yes or No
- If, Ex’S, whether eligible for reservation?
- For Ex-servicemen- length of service- (in years)
- Date of discharge-
- Fee paid(for ex-serviceman only)
- Whether seeking age relaxation?-select Yes or No
- If yes, indicate code
- Preference for post?- stenographer “C” or “D”
- Whether suffering from cerebral palsy?
- If locomotor candidate eligible for scribe/VH/cerebral Palsy, whether the scribe is required?
- If yes, indicate medium
- Indicate medium for skill test- English/Hindi
- Educational Qualification- select the qualification form the drop down menu ( please note that possession of higher secondary/ intermediate/12th standards qualification is a prerequisite to apply for this examination
- Do you want to make available your personal information for the accessing job opportunity in terms of DoP & T’s- select “Yes”or “No”
Communication Details Form
- Postal address- use CAPITAL LETTERS and also keep space between each word. Do not use commas and special characters
I hereby declare that all the statements made in this application are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge and brief. I understand that in the event of any information being found false or incorrect at any stage or not satisfying the eligibility criteria according to the requirements of the relative advertisement, my candidature/application is liable to be cancelled/terminated. I am willing to serve anywhere in India.
I Agree- tick mark the box. Enter the text and submit
The candidates are required to pay the amount as Application Fee charges. All the candidates will pay the equal amount i.e Rs. 100/-
Mode of payment- Fee can be paid through SBI Challan / SBI Net banking or through credit/ debit cards of any bank. Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Persons with disability and Ex-servicemen eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fee. Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Application Form Completed
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Print Application Form||Click Here|
|Forgot Registration or Password||Click Here|
|Change Password||Click Here|
Print Application Form
Once you have completed the formalities, it is advisable to the candidates to take a print of the application form at the time of form filling. Moreover, if you were unable to take the print instantly, you can click the link given in Quick Links and filter the details as we have displayed in this image.
Forgot Registration Number or Password
The candidates who wish to login to their account would need to enter their Registration Number and Password. However, whosoever has forgotten his/her credential details would have to fill in certain details to retrieve their information. You can click the link provided in Quick Links and add your details in the box as shown.
Although the password generated by SSC is only 4 digit which is easy to remember, but in case the candidates want to set a password of their choice which they consider would be convenient for them to access at any point of time are allowed to set a password as they want. All you need is to fill certain entries as shown. The link to access the change password option is given above in Quick Links.
If there is any query related to application form that you would like us to answer, please put the queries in the comment box below.