The Telangana State will be conducted Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) for candidates who intend to teach classes I to VIII in the schools of the State Government, Mandal Parishad, Zilla Parishad Schools, Private Aided Schools and Private unaided schools in Telangana State can appear for TS-TET. The TS TET 2018 will have two Papers. The Paper 1 will be for the candidates aiming to be teachers for the class 1 to 5, whereas, the Paper 2 will be for those who want to teach class 6 to 8. If a candidate wishes to teach either of the classes, they will be required to appear for both Paper 1 and Paper 2. Complete details of TS TET 2018 (Telangana TET) are available on this page.
TS TET 2018 (Telangana TET)
The candidates who are aiming to be teachers for the classes I to VIII, they will be required to appear for the Teachers Eligibility Test (TET). Before applying for TS TET, one must check the eligibility criteria and all the required details carefully. Candidates can check the expected schedule from the table given below:
Expected Dates of TS TET 2018
|Release of notification||1st week of Feb 2018|
|Payment of fees||3rd week of Feb 2018|
|Online submission of application form at tstet.cgg.gov.in||4th week of Feb 2018|
|Availability of hall ticket for download from||2nd week of Mar 2018|
|TS TET 2018 Paper 1||3rd week of Mar 2018|
|TS TET 2018 Paper 2||3rd week of Mar 2018|
|Declaration of result||1st week of Apr 2018|
Eligibility Criteria For TS TET 2018
Candidates before filling the applications online should fit in the minimum eligibility criteria as given in the Information Bulletin. Appearance and a pass in TS-TET would not secure the right to be considered for the appointment of the post of Teacher unless the candidate is in possession of the qualifications prescribed for the appointment of such post.
Minimum eligibility criteria for TS-TET Paper I is as follows:
- Intermediate / Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks. However, in case of SC/ST/BC/Differently abled candidates, the minimum marks shall be 45%. AND pass in 2 – year Diploma in Elementary Education / 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) / 2 – year Diploma in Education (Special Education).
- Intermediate / Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks. In respect of SC/ST/BC/Differently abled candidates, the minimum marks shall be 40%. AND pass in 2 – year Diploma in Elementary Education / 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) / 2 – year Diploma in Education (Special Education) in case of the candidates who have passed or admitted to D.El.Ed / D.Ed., course prior to the issue of these guidelines (23-12-2015).
Minimum eligibility criteria for TS-TET Paper II is as follows:
- B.A./B.Sc./B.Com., with at least 50% marks. In case of SC/ST/BC/Differently abled candidates, the minimum marks shall be 45%. AND pass in Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) course / Bachelor of Education (B.Ed -Special Education).
- B.A./B.Sc./B.Com., with at least 50% marks. In respect of SC/ST/BC/Differently abled candidates, the minimum marks shall be 40%. AND pass in Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) course / Bachelor of Education (B.Ed -Special Education) in case of the candidates who have passed or admitted to B.Ed., course prior to the issue of these guidelines (23-12-2015).
- 4-year B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed., with at least 50% marks, in case of SC/ST/BC/Differently abled candidates, the minimum marks shall be 45%.
- Graduation with language concerned as one of the optional subjects or Bachelor of oriental language (or its equivalent) or Graduation in literature or Post Graduation in the language concerned and Language Pandit Training Certificate/B.Ed with language concerned as one of the Methodologies, in respect of Language Teachers.
TS TET Application Form 2018
For detailed information on applying online, candidates can download information bulletin free of cost from the official site of TS TET.
Step 1: Candidates will apply for Teacher Eligibility Test in Telangana State on TS TET official site www.tstet.cgg.gov.in. Ensure that you have the following documents or files:
- Scanned image of photograph and signature in JPEG format only.
- A copy of Class X certificate.
Note: Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50kb.
Step 2: After registration, candidates can select the mode of payment The fee for submission of application online and for the conduct of examination is Rs.200.00 for only Paper-I or only Paper-II or both through TS Online or payment gateway.
- Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- On receipt of fee at TS online/Payment Gateway, the candidate will be issued a “Journal Number” with which he/she can proceed with submission of Application online.
TS TET Hall Ticket 2018
Candidates will download their hall tickets from the TS-TET official website. A candidate who does not possess the Hall Ticket shall not be permitted for the examination under any circumstances. The direct link to download the admit card will also be provided here.
Note: Request for issue of duplicate Hall Ticket will not be entertained after the examination.
TS-TET 2018 Exam Structure:
The exam pattern of TS TET 2018 is, for Paper 1 and 2, is as mentioned below.
TS TET Exam Pattern for Paper 1: The exam will be of 150 questions and candidates will have to 2 hours and 30 minutes to attempt the exam. There will be four section in the paper for Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II English, Mathematics, and Environmental Studies.
TS TET Exam Pattern for Paper 2: Even for Paper 2, the candidates will get 2 hours 30 minutes and will have to solve 150 questions. It will also have four sections for Child Development & Pedagogy, Language I, Language II English, and Subject (Maths, Science, Social Science, etc).
Language: The question paper will be provided in English and one chosen language. Candidates who will choose Sanskrit as their language will be given questions in Telugu, followed by Sanskrit (Devanagari script).
Note: Language I will be Telugu, Urdu, Hindi, Bengali, 7 Kannada, Marathi, Tamil and Gujarati and Language II is only English.
Qualifying Marks in TS-TET
The percentage of qualifying marks for different categories is given below
|1||General||60% and above|
|2||BCs||50% and above|
|3||SC/ST/ Differently abled||40% and above|
- The Director, SCERT and the member convener TET, Telangana State may issue Memos/Pass certificates to the candidates.
- Differently abled candidates with at least 40% of disability only will be considered in respect of visually and orthopedically disabled. With regard to Hearing Impaired candidates, a minimum of 75% disability shall be considered under PH category.
Validity of TET 2018 certificate
- The certificate shall be valid for a period of 7 years from the date of TET examination in accordance with NCTE Guidelines.
- 20% weightage to TET scores shall be provided in the Teacher Recruitment of the State Government and 80% weightage is for written test in Teacher Recruitment Test (TRT) based on which selection lists shall be prepared.
Qualifying Statistics and Pass Percentage in TS TET 2017
The candidates can check previous year pass percentage and qualifying statistics in TS TET 2017 in the table given below.
|Particular||Paper I||Paper II|
|Mathematics and Science||Social Studies||Total|
|Pass Percentage (%)||57.37%||18.31%||20.62%||19.51%|
As per the official report, in Paper I, the highest pass percentage recorded has been 71.32% in the district of Jagtial. From here, total 959 candidates appeared and 684 qualified the examination. On the other hand, in Paper II, the highest pass percentage has gone up to 24.02% from Mancherial. Check the complete data of the candidates from the here.
Syllabus for TS TET
Candidates can check previous year (i.e 2017) medium wise syllabus for Paper 1 and Paper 2 as given below:
Medium wise Syllabus for Paper-I
Medium wise syllabus for Paper- II
Official website: www.tstet.cgg.gov.in.
For more details about TS TET (Telangana TET) download 2017’s official notification from here.
Insofar, official details of TS TET (Telangana TET) 2018 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Telangana State releases TS TET (Telangana TET) 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.