UGC NET Dec 2018 will be the first exam in this year which will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). Union Cabinet approved NTA to conduct various competitive exams in the country for giving the entry in the higher educational institute. This is to bring the qualitative difference in the competitive exams which were held in the country till now. So From now, NTA will conduct the UGC NET 2018 on the behalf of University Grant Commission.
As we said the National Eligibility Test will be conducted by NTA in December, so NTA will release the Application From for UGC NET 2018 Dec in the month of September 2018. The exam will hold form December 02 to 16, 2018. The aspirants have to fill the application fee in order to give the exam. Check here more about the UGC NET Dec 2018.
Fee Syallbus and Exam pattern will remain the same.
UGC NET Dec 2018
As NTA is conducting the NET so we can expect several changes in exam procedure. The aspirants must have various queries about the exam as well as the NTA. So throughout the page, we will try to include answer of your every question. But first of all, check the schedule given in the NTA’s first press.
|UGC NET Dec 2018||Important Dates|
|Releasing of Application Form||01 to 30 Sep 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||Few days before the exam|
|Exam will hold on||02, 08, 09, 15, & 16 Dec 2018 (02 shift per day)|
|Declaration of Result||Last week of Jan 2019|
Press Release by NTA about UGC NET Dec 2018
Eligibility Criteria for UGC NET Dec 2018
The candidates may be so confused about the eligibility, but don’t worry NTA has not changed the eligibility for UGC NET. The candidates can refer the eligibility same as old.
- Candidates must have at least 55% marks in masters degree or 50% marks if they belong to SC / ST / OBC / PWD category.
- Those who are pursuing a masters degree or those who have appeared (final year) and are waiting for result are also eligible. However, they will be admitted provisionally and they will be eligible for JRF / eligibility for Assistant Professor only after passing masters degree with 55% marks at least or 50% marks if they belong to SC/ST/OBC/PWD. They should complete masters degree within 2 years of declaration of UGC NET 2018 result.
- Those who have Ph.D. degree whose masters level was completed by September 19, 1991, will be eligible for 5% relaxation in aggregate marks for NET.
- Candidates must appear in that NET exam subject for which they did post graduation. If your subject is not in subjects list then you can appear in a related subject.
Age limit JRF: Candidates must not be more than 30 years old as of July 01, 2018.
Realxations in Upper Age Limit:
- SC / ST / OBC / PwD / Transgender / women candidates get a relaxation of 5 years.
- Those candidates who have research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant field, will get relaxation subject to maximum 5 years upon showing relevant certificates.
- Candidates possessing LLM degree will get 3 years age relaxation.
- Those who have served armed forces up to the first day of the month in which UGC NET is being held will get up to 5 years relaxation.
- Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit for Assistant Professor.
Exemption for eligibility for Assistant Professor
NET / SET / SLET are minimum eligibility condition for recruitment of Assistant Professors. Exemptions from NET / SET / SLET are as per UGC regulations.
- Those who have passed UGC or CSIR JRF prior to 1989 are exempt from NET.
- Those who have cleared SET accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held prior to June 01, 2002 are exempt from NET.
- If you have cleared SET after June 01, 2002 then you are eligible for Assistant Professor in institutes of that state only.
Transgender candidates also get some relaxation in age, fee. Qualifying criteria as SC/ST/PWD/OBC.
Application Form for UGC NET Dec 2018
NTA will release the application form on its official website mta.ac.in. The aspirants who find themselves fit as per the Eligibility Criteria will able to apply for UGC NET December 2018. However, the process of application may be the same this time as well. But the application fee will remain same this time as well. Because there is no change in the application fee.
|Category of Candidates||Application Fee|
|SC / ST /PWD / Transgender||Rs 250/-|
|OBC NCL||Rs 500/-|
|All others||Rs 1000/-|
The mode of the submitting application form and fee is online. Apart from that, no other mode will be available.
Admit Card for UGC NET Dec 2018
Those who will fill the application form on time will get the admit card for the exam. As like the application form NTA will issue the admit card on nta.ac.in. The eligible candidates will able to download the admit card by visiting the NTA’s website or they can do the same form this page as well. As we will provide the direct link for downloading the admit card on this page.
Exam Pattern for UGC NET Dec 2018
NTA clearly specified that it has not changed the exam pattern and syllabus. So that means the old exam pattern will be applicable here. Let’s check that one
|UGC NET Dec 2018||Paper I||Paper II|
|Number of questions||50||100|
|Marks per question||2||2|
|Type of question||Objective||Objective|
|Compulsory||All are compulsory||All are compulsory|
|Time||1 hour||2 hours|
|Subject||General nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate||Based on the subject selected by the candidate|
Slot Booking for UGC NET Dec 2018
This time NTA decided that the paper mode should be online and the candidates will get the privilege to choose the comfortable slot to give the exam. As NTA will conduct the UGC NET in multiple sittings, that means the same exam will be conducted on different days.
The exam will hold on Saturdays and Sundays of December month and July. Each day will have two shifts and each sifts will have two papers.
However we do not have any solid information about the process of slot booking for the exam, it could be done along with the application form or after processing the forms. That will be notified soon as NTA releases the notice.
Result for UGC NET Dec 2018
After conducting the exam, NTA will release the result for UGC on its official website at nta.ac.in. Those who will appear in the exam will able to check there result by visiting the official website. Or they can do the same by this page as well. we will provide the direct link for the candidate’s ease.
Test Practice Centers for UGC NET Dec 2018
Apart from the above changes, NTA will identify the various schools as the practice test centers for the candidates. In the practice test centers, the candidates of rural areas can take advantage of this free facility. The candidates can appear for the mock test on Saturday/Sunday starting from 3rd week of August. Every candidate who so ever will apply will able to attempt the practice test.
Official website: nta.ac.in