UGC NET Result 2021 – he National Testing Agency (NTA) has released UGC NET 2021 result on the official website at ugcnet.nta.nic.in. Candidates who have appeared for the exam can check their UGC NET result 2021 through this article as well. Aspirants must have their application number and date of birth ready to login and check the UGC NET result pdf. The candidates who have successfully qualified in the UGC NET 2021 examination shall now get an eligibility certificate which can be used to apply for Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellow(JRF) posts. Read the entire article to know more about the UGC NET result 2021.
Latest: UGC NET Result 2021 announced. Click here to check result.
Recommended: UGC NET 2021 Cut Off Marks
UGC NET Result 2021
The UGC NET 2021 result pdf consists of the name, roll number and category of the candidate. Below given are the important events and their corresponding dates concerning the result declaration of UGC NET 2021.
|UGC NET 2021 Exam Date||20 November 2021 – 05 December 2021|
24 December to 27 December 2021
04 and 05 January 2022
|UGC NET 2021 Result Declaration||19 Feb 2022|
Check result here: Click here to check UGC NET result 2021.
How to Check UGC NET Result 2021?
Candidates can check their UGC NET results at ugcnet.nta.nic.in by logging in with their UGC NET application number and password/date of birth. To check the result for UGC NET 2021 candidates should follow the steps provided below.
1st step: Go to ugcnet.nta.nic.in .
2nd step: Scroll down the homepage to find the ‘UGC NET 2021’
3rd step: Click on the link and a new page opens on the screen. Enter the application number, date of birth and security pin.
4th step: Click on ‘Submit’ and the UGC NET 2021 result will be displayed on the screen. Candidates can download and print it.
Note: Candidates who exclusively clear Assistant Professor are not eligible for the JRF award. Those who clear for JRF are eligible for Assistant Professor and JRF.
Recommended: UGC NET Login
UGC NET Qualifying Marks 2021
Given below is the UGC NET Exam 2021 qualifying marks. These are the category wise minimum marks required for qualifying in the UGC NET 2021 examination. Only those candidates who have secured marks equal to or above the cut off decided by NTA will be on the rank list.
|Category of candidate||Qualifying Percentage|
UGC NET Cut Off Marks 2021
With the release of UGC NET result, NTA also announced UGC NET cut off marks. Check the expected UGC NET Cut -off marks below.
Factors Affecting UGC NET
- Number of candidates who have appeared for UGC NET exam
- Difficulty Level of the questions
- Total Number of seats
- Cutoff trends of previous years UGC NET
UGC NET 2022 Expected Cut Off
|Category||UGC NET Cut Off|
UGC NET Selection Procedure
The steps mentioned below are followed as a selection procedure for UGC NET 2021 Exam.
- The number of candidates to be qualified shall be equal to 6% of the candidates who have appeared in both the papers of NET 2021.
- The total slots shall be allocated to different categories as per the reservation policy of the Government of India.
- In order to be considered for ‘JRF and Eligibility for Assistant Professor’ and for ‘Assistant Professor’, the candidate must have appeared in both the papers and secured marks equal to or above the cut off marks (mentioned in the section above)
- The number of qualified candidates (in any subject) is derived as per the methodology illustrated below:
- The procedure for subject wise cum category-wise allocation of JRF slots is illustrated below:
- There shall be NO re-evaluation/re-checking of results. No correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
- The record of December 2020 cycle (May 2021) of University Grant Commission-National Eligibility Test (UGC-NET) would be preserved upto 90 days from the date of declaration of result.
- All disputes pertaining to the conduct of December 2020 Cycle (May 2021) of UGC-NET Examination including Results shall fall within the jurisdiction of Delhi/New Delhi only. Further, any legal question arising out of the Examination shall be entertained only when raised within 30 days from the declaration of result.
UGC NET Normalization Procedure
Since there are multiple shifts, NTA carries out a Normalization Procedure for the cut off marks so that the Selection Procedure remains fair and just. The procedure is as follows :
- Raw marks obtained by the candidates in different shifts/sessions will be converted to NTA Score
- Detailed procedure on NTA Score is available on NTA website under ‘Normalization procedure based on Percentile Score‘
- The calculated NTA Score for the Raw Marks for all the shifts/sessions will be merged for further processing for deciding the allocation.
- If the multi-shifts being dissimilar/unequal, the lowest will be the eligibility cut-off for that category for all candidates (i.e. all shifts).
UGC NET Certificate
Aspirants qualifying UGC NET exam are awarded UGC NET certificates. Candidates an check the validity for UGC NET certificate below:
UGC NET Certificate Validity
- Assistant Professor – valid for lifetime
- Junior Research Fellowship – valid for 03 years from the declaration of result.
How to Download UGC NET Certificate?
The certificate for UGC NET is released via online mode. Aspirants can check step by step procedure on how to download UGC NET certificate below:
- Visit ecertificate.nta.ac.in
- In the select institution space select ‘UGC NET’
- Enter the captcha code and click on the ‘Proceed’ button
- On the new page that opens, Enter the candidate’s Application Number/Registration number Date of Birth and Exam Session
- Enter captcha code and click on the ‘Proceed’ button
- Download the displayed UGC NET 2021 e-certificate.
About UGC NET
UGC National Eligibility Test or UGC NET exam is an annual national level eligibility test conducted by the University Grant Commission or UGC. UGC NET examination is conducted to recruit eligible candidates to ‘Assistant Professor’ and ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’ posts within the universities and colleges of India. The exam is held in multiple shifts as a Computer Based Test or CBT. Candidates who belong to general category need a minimum of 40% marks and candidates belonging to reserved categories – SC/ST/OBC/PWD/Transgender Categories will get a 5% relaxation.
UGC NET Result FAQs
Ans. The results for UGC NET 2021 is published on the official website of NTA at ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
Ans. The cut off percentage for UGC NET 2021 is as follows: 40% marks for general category candidates and 35% for reserved category candidates.
Ans. UGC NET Result 2021 is expected to release on February 18, 2022.
Ans. UGC NET certificate releases via logging in to ecertificate.nta.ac.in. Aspirants should enter their application number, date of birth and exam session to download UGC NET e-certificate.