Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) released the notification for Provincial Civil Services (PCS) Exam 2018. The candidate who is participating in the recruitment required the UP PCS Syllabus 2018, or if they any aspirants is preparing for the upcoming the UP PSC exam can also refer the UP PCS Syllabus 2018. The official notification of contains the syllabus for each subject which will be asked in the exam. The syllabus is the most important thing for the purpose of the exam. That’s why we are providing the Syllabus of UP PCS 2018 with description.
UP PCS Syllabus 2018
For understanding the syllabus the candidates must be aware of the examination scheme. As we know, that UPPSC has broken down the entire recruitment scheme into three stages
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Examination
- Interview -cum- Vivavoice
UP PCS Examination Scheme
Before knowing the syllabus, it is a good idea to check the examination scheme.
Prelims Examination Scheme
- The nature of paper objective.
- The exam will hold Offline Pen – Paper-based.
- The candidates will get 02 hours to solve the entire paper.
- Negative Marking is also there, on each wrong marked answer 0.33 marks will be deducted.
|Paper Name||Total no of Question||Total No of Marks||Exam Timing|
|General Studies – I||150||200||09:30 to 11:30 AM|
|General Studies – I||100||200||02:30 to 04:30 PM|
Mains Exam Pattern
- The type of exam is written conventionally.
- There is no negative marking, but if a candidate’s writing will be difficult to read there could be the possibility of marks deduction.
- The candidate will have 180 minutes to solve the entire exam.
These were compulsory subjects. While candidate has to choose optional subjects among following
- The candidate will have 03 hours for solving the optional Subject.
- Optional subjects will have 02 sections which consist of fours questions, and the candidate has to attempt five question in all.
- The condition is to attempt at least 02 question form each section.
Interview or Viva Voice
The interview will carry 100 marks, the mains aim for conducting the interview is to assess the general awareness, intelligence, and suitability towards the service.
UP PCS 2018 Syllabus in Hindi and English
As you have collected the entire information about the examination scheme. Now you should have the knowledge of the syllabus. Below provided pdf contains the entire syllabus on each subject. We have provided the syllabus in both languages.
If the pdf doesn’t work then candidates can download the syllabus form the links provided below.
Now the candidates, who are doing the preparation may have the curiosity about the selection procedure. There are three steps in the entire selection procedure.
- First of all the candidate have to appear for the preliminary. As the preliminary exam is divided into two parts, Paper- I & II, the second Paper of Prelims is qualifying in nature, and to qualify the Paper – I the candidates have to score 33% minimum.
- Then the qualifies of prelims have to appear in mains, in the same way, the candidates have to appear for an interview.
Cut Off Marks of UP PCS
UPPSC has decided the cutoff marks for the prelims main category wise. Check here the cut off marks.
- The candidates belonging to SC/ ST category have to obtain minimum 30% marks in prelims and mains separately in order to qualify the exam.
- However, the General Category candidates have to secure the minimum 40% marks in prelims and mains.