UPSC CAPF 2018 Eligibility Criteria is an important factor for the candidates. If the candidate will fulfill the eligibility criteria then only he/she will be able to get selected for the post applied. Every candidate who are going to apply should check UPSC CAPF 2018 Eligibility Criteria for their selection. Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. The eligibility criteria designed by the UPSC is given below. The candidates will have to fulfill the eligibility criteria for the educational qualification, age limit and Physical Standards. The candidates can check this page for more information regarding the UPSC CAPF 2018 Eligibility Criteria.
UPSC CAPF 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who will qualify in the paper I and paper II will appear for the Physical Standards Test (PST) / Physical Endurance Test (PET) / Medical Examination must ensure their eligibility before going for the test. Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate has qualified for Interview/Personality Test.
Candidates to ensure their eligibility for the examination:
Nationality: No person who is not a citizen of India shall, except with the consent of the Central
Government signified in writing be appointed or employed under these Rules. Provided that nothing contained in these rules shall debar the appointment, enrollment or employment of a subject of Nepal or Bhutan under these Rules.
Sex: Both Male and Female candidates are eligible for appointment to the post of Assistant
Age Limits :
A candidate must have attained the age of 20 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years on 1st August, 2018, i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1993 and not later than 1st August, 1998.
The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable.
- upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
- upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes
who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
- upto a maximum of five years for Civilian Central Government Servants in accordance with
the existing instructions of the Central Government. Ex-Servicemen will also be eligible for
this relaxation. However the total relaxation claimed on account of Government Service
will be limited to five years.
- upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of
Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January, 1981 to the 31st day of December,
Minimum Educational Qualifications: A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree of a
University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational
institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under
Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification.
Candidates who have appeared at an examination the passing of which would render them educationally qualified for the Commission’s examination but have not been informed of the results as also the candidates who intend to appear at such a qualifying examination in the year 2018 will also be eligible for admission to the examination. Such candidates will be admitted to the examination if otherwise eligible but the admission would be deemed to be provisional and subject to cancellation if they do not produce proof of having passed the requisite examination along with the Detailed Application Form which will be required to be submitted online by the candidates who after
qualifying on the result of the written part of the examination are also declared qualified in the
Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests.
Restriction on re-appearance of candidates finally selected/ recommended earlier: A candidate who has been finally selected on the basis of an earlier examination to the post of Assistant Commandants in any of the forces participating in the Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Examination will not be eligible to appear at a subsequent examination for recruitment of Assistant Commandants in the participating CAPFs.
Physical and Medical Standards for the candidate: Candidates must meet the prescribed Physical and Medical Standards for admission to Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants), Examination, 2018.
The minimum requirements for the candidates are as follows:
|Height||165 cm||157 cm|
|Chest||81 cm||Not Applicable|
|Weight||50 Kg.||46 Kg.|
|Distant vision||6/6 or 6/12
|Near Vision||N6 N9|
|With Glasses / LASIK Surgery*|
|Limits of Refractive errors permitted||-4.00 D (including cylinder) Myopia
+4.00 D (including cylinder) Hypermetropia
|Color Perception III (CP – III) by ISIHARA plates.|
*LASIK surgery correction is permitted subject to prescribed criteria as below :-
a) Age – 18-35 years
b) Axial-length – 21-26 mm.
c) Corneal-thickness 425 micron
d) Pre LASIK error – 6 D
e) Post operative – Should be stable
period refractive flap
f) Interval – 06 months (post operative period mandatory
(Candidate must have completed 06 months after LASIK surgery while considering for recruitment in CAPFs).
Carrying angle: Carrying angle should not be more than 15 ̊ for male and 20 ̊ for female.
- Candidate should not have any degree of deafness or persistent ear discharge.
- Candidate should not have any other condition (congenital or acquired) like atresia of the meatus, exostosis, neoplasm which is causing obstruction of ear passage and should not have history of recurrent earache, tinnitus and vertigo.
Nose: Candidates should not have DNS, atrophic rhinitis, tubercular ulceration, chronic sinusitis.
Neck: Candidate should not have enlarged lymph nodes, thyroid or other swelling of neck, inability to extend the neck fully or any evidence of disease of spine or cervical vertebrae.
Teeth: Candidate must possess sufficient number of sound teeth for efficient mastication. Candidate should not have severe pyorrhea.
Venereal Disease: Candidate should not have active signs of clinical VD.
Chronic skin diseases: Candidate should not have chronic skin diseases like Leprosy, chronic dermatitis, extensive PityriasisVersicolor, psoriasis, SLE etc.
- Speech should be without impediment i.e. no stammering.
- The candidate should not have any indication of chronic disease like TB, any type of arthritis,
high blood pressure, Diabetes, Bronchial Asthma, any heart disease.
- Candidate should not have perceptible and visible glandular swelling anywhere in the body.
- Chest should be well formed, devoid of any abnormality like flat chest, Pigeon chest, with
rickety rosary defects. Heart and lungs should be sound.
- Limbs, hands and feet should be well formed and fully developed and there shall be perfect
motion of all joints.
- Should not have any old /mal united fracture of bones.
- There should be free and perfect movements of all the joints.
- Feet and toes should be well formed
- Should not have congenital malformation or defects. (Candidate must have completed 06 months after LASIK surgery while considering for recruitment in CAPFs).
- Should not bear traces of previous acute or chronic disease pointing to an impaired
- Candidate should have no disease of the genitourinary tract.
- Candidate should have no inguinal, scrotal swelling, any type of Hernia.
- (Only for male) Both the testicles are in the scrotum and of normal size.
- The candidate must not have knock knees, flat foot, varicose veins.
- They must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to
interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
- Candidate should not suffer from TACHYCARDIA (more than 100 pulse rate per minute) or
BRADYCARDIA (Less than 50 per minute).
- Candidate should not suffer from Hernia, haemorrhoids, condylomata prolapse rectum.
- (a) Content: Being a secular country, the religious sentiments of our countrymen are to be respected and thus, tattoos depicting religious symbol or figures and the name, as followed in Indian Army are to be permitted.
- Location: Tattoos marked on traditional sites of the body like the inner aspect of forearm but only left
forearm, being non saluting limb or dorsum of the hands are to be allowed.
- Size: Size must be less than 1⁄4 of the particular part (Elbow or Hand) of the body.
Male Average Body Weights in Kilograms for Different Age Groups and Heights
Female Average body Weights in Kilograms for Different Age Groups – Heights
Note: The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for admission to the examination. Their admission at all the stages of examination for which they are admitted by the Commission viz. Written Examination, Physical and Medical Standards Tests and Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and Interview/ Personality Test will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification at any time before or after the Written Examination, Physical and Medical Standards Tests, Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and Interview / Personality Test, it is found that they do not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the examination will be cancelled by the Commission.