Union Public Service Commission or UPSC release notification for various posts to fill in vacancies for civil services in India. Before preparing for the examination candidates should check the UPSC CAPF 2018 Exam Pattern of Central Armed Police Force post. Exam Pattern will include a number of papers, mode of the examination, time window, syllabus etc. Hence, It will help the candidates to plan accordingly for their preparation. Check the detailed UPSC CAPF 2018 Exam Pattern below in this article.
UPSC CAPF 2018 Exam Pattern, Syllabus
UPSC CAPF has two papers ie Paper 1 and Paper 2 both will be conducted on the same day of the examination. After qualifying for both the papers there will be Physical test and interview for the qualified eligible candidates. Check the detailed information below.
Exam Pattern for UPSC CAPF includes the number of papers, mode of examination, total marks, time duration etc.
|Name of Paper||Type||Time Duration||Total Marks|
|Paper-I||General Ability and Intelligence||Objective||2 Hrs||250|
|Paper-II||General Studies, Essay, and Comprehension||Descriptive||3 Hrs||200|
|Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Tests|
Written Examination would include two papers. Both subjective and objective papers would be there. Paper-I is objective and the medium of the paper will be English as well as Hindi. Paper-II is descriptive where only candidates have a choice between Hindi/English in Essay writing and in the Precis Writing, Comprehension Components and other communications/ language skills candidates have to write in English only.
- There is also a penalty for wrong answers in Paper-I of the UPSC CAPF exam.
- Candidates are advised to write in the medium as mentioned by them in attendance list and on the Answer list otherwise, no marks will be given for Essay component in the paper
- There will be separate cut-offs for both the paper though Paper-II will be evaluated only after candidate clears the cut-off of Paper-I. Cut-offs for the same will be notified by the commission later.
Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Tests
Candidates who will clear the written examination ie both the papers will be called for the physical and medical test. Candidates who will meet prescribed standards as mentioned by the commission are allowed to appear for the test.
|Physical Efficiency Tests (PET)|
|100 Meters race||In 16 seconds||In 18 seconds|
|800 Meters race||In 3 minutes 45 seconds||In 4 minutes 45 seconds|
|Long Jump||3.5 Meters(3 chances)||3.0 Meters(3 chances)|
|Shot Put (7.26 Kgs)||4.5 Meters||–|
- Pregnant women are not allowed to give Physical Efficiency Test and will be disqualified from the selection process
- Appeals will be entertained only against the Medical Standards Tests and will have to be made to the Appellate Authority designated by the Ministry of Home Affairs within a period of 15 days from the date of declaration of the results of the tests
Candidates Qualified after the successful conduct of Physical Efficiency Test will be called for Interview/Personality Test by the Union Public Service Commission. Students shortlisted provisionally after the interview will be issued a Detailed Application Form (DAF) in which candidate have to indicate their preference of forces.
Final Selection / Merit
The merit list will be drawn on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination and Interview/Personality Test.
After checking the exam pattern candidates are advised to check out the detailed syllabus for UPSC CAPF as notified by the Union Public Service Commission.
Click Here to check out the detailed syllabus for the UPSC CAPF.
Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in