Union Public Service Commission or UPSC will be releasing notification for various posts to load up the vacancies for civil services in India. Since applicants would be gearing themselves up for the written exam of Central Armed Police Force, the UPSC CAPF Syllabus provided by Union Public Service Commission would help you to prepare yourself for specific topics as required to be studied for Central Armed Police Force post. UPSC CAPF will be conducting two papers one would be objective and the other one will be descriptive in nature, Candidates have to clear both the exams so as to, reach next round of Physical test and Interview. Check the complete UPSC CAPF Syllabus written underneath, in the provided article.
UPSC CAPF Syllabus 2019
UPSC CAPF will be having two papers in total ie Paper 1 and Paper 2 both will be conducted on the same given day of the examination. Paper 1 would be of 250 Marks and Paper 2 would be of 200 Marks as notified by the commission itself.
Syllabus of Paper I – General Ability and Intelligence
Paper I is based on the General Ability and Intelligence exam which is objective in nature ie. MCQ type question will be there for the exam. The syllabus provided by the authorities for the same will be broadly covering the topics mentioned below.
1. General Mental Ability – This topic generally covers & tests the areas which are mentioned underneath.
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Numerical Ability
- Data Interpretation
2. General Science – This topic generally covers up & tests the areas which are mentioned underneath.
- General awareness
- Scientific Temper
- Comprehension and appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation including new areas of importance like Information Technology, Biotechnology, Environmental Science.
3. Current Events of National and International Importance – This topic generally covers up & tests the current events of national and international importance broadly covering the areas which are mentioned underneath.
- Culture, Music, Arts, Literature
- Governance, Societal and Developmental issues
- Industry, Business, Globalisation, and interplay among nations
4. Indian Polity and Economy – This topic generally covers & tests the areas which are mentioned below.
- Country’s political system and the Constitution of India
- Country’s social systems and public administration
- Economic development in India
- Regional and International security issues and human rights
5. History of India – This topic generally tests & covers up the areas which are mentioned below.
- Social, economic and political aspects
- Areas of growth of nationalism and freedom movement.
6. Indian and World Geography – This topic broadly covers the physical, social and economic aspects of geography pertaining to India and the World.
Syllabus of Paper II – General Studies, Essay and Comprehension
Paper II is a General Studies, Essay and Comprehension exam which is descriptive in nature ie. essay, Comprehension etc. type question will be there in the exam.
Part-A –Will consist of Essay questions will be answered in a long narrative form either in Hindi or English by the candidate totalling 80 Marks. The topic will generally include the following provided underneath
- Modern Indian history (freedom struggle)
- Polity and Economy
- Knowledge of security and human rights issues
- Analytical Ability
Part-B – Will consist of Comprehension, precise writing, other communications/language skills – to be attempted in English only (Marks 120) – The topics included, generally will be as follows
- Comprehension passages
- Precise writing
- Developing counter arguments
- Simple grammar and other aspects of language testing.