UPSC CAPF Syllabus 2019 – The shortlisting or the candidates for the UPSC CAPF is done on the basis of three stages, written exam PET or PST or Medical Standards followed by the Interview. The Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) has laid the UPSC CAPF Syllabus 2019 for the candidates to help them in the preparation of the written exam. There are two papers in the written exam, one is objective and paper II is descriptive in nature. To be eligible for the Physical test and Interview, candidates need to clear both the exams. Check the complete UPSC CAPF Syllabus by referring to this article.
UPSC CAPF Syllabus 2019
UPSC CAPF will be having two papers in total which are, Paper 1 and Paper 2. Both the papes is to be held on the same day as the examination. Paper 1 would be of 250 Marks and Paper 2 would be of 200 Marks as notified by the commission itself. Before going straight to the syllabus, it is important for the students to be aware of the exam pattern. Check the details given below.
Type of Questions: It is an Offline exam which is going to have objective type questions.
Language of examination: The question in the exam will be in English and Hindi.
The total number of marks: The Paper I will be of 250 marks.
Duration of exam: Candidates will get 120 minutes (02 hours) for the first paper.
Exam Shift: In the Morning shift, the first paper is to be held.
Subject: Paper I is of General Ability and Intelligence in which the questions will be asked from the following subjects below.
- General Mental Ability,
- General Science,
- Current Events of National and International Importance,
- Indian Polity and Economy,
- History of India,
- Indian and World Geography
Mode of exam: It will be an Offline examination.
Total Marks: Paper II is of 200 marks.
Language of exam: The question in the exam will be in English and Hindi language.
Duration of exam: Students will get 03 hours to attempt the descriptive type questions.
Exam Shift: Paper II is to be conducted in the Afternoon shift.
Subject: In this, the questions are going to be pertaining to:
- General Studies,
Syllabus of UPSC CAPF 2019 Paper I – General Ability and Intelligence
Paper I is based on the General Ability and Intelligence exam which is objective in nature i.e. Multiple choice based questions are going to be asked in the exam. Students can check the important topics from which questions can be asked in the exam.
1. General Mental Ability – This topic generally covers & tests the areas which are given below.
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Numerical Ability
- Data Interpretation
2. General Science – In this section, the question can be asked from the topics stated below.
- General awareness
- Scientific Temper
- Comprehension and appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation including new areas of importance like Information Technology, Biotechnology, Environmental Science.
3. Current Events of National and International Importance – This section tests a candidates’ ability to answer questions on the current affairs and events going on in the economy. The questions can be asked from:
- Culture, Music, Arts, Literature
- Governance, Societal and Developmental issues
- Industry, Business, Globalisation, and interplay among nations
4. Indian Polity and Economy – It assesses the candidates’ knowledge about the economy and Indian Polity. The question will be pertaining to:
- Country’s political system and the Constitution of India
- Country’s social systems and public administration
- Economic development in India
- Regional and International security issues and human rights and its indicators
5. History of India – Questions related to Indian History can be asked from the topics like:
- Social, economic and political aspects
- Areas of growth of nationalism and freedom movement.
6. Indian and World Geography – Candidates ability to answer questions on Indian as well as World geography is tested in this section. The questions can be asked from the topics given below.
- Physical, social and economic aspects of geography pertaining to India and the World.
UPSC CAPF Syllabus 2019 of Paper II – General Studies, Essay, and Comprehension
Paper II is of General Studies, Essay and Comprehension exam which is descriptive in nature. The questions in this paper are going to be Comprehension and Essay type. Students can check the important topics from which questions can come in Part A and B.
Part-A – In this part, the question will be essay type in which the candidates need to answer the questions in a descriptive manner in either Hindi or English of total 80 Marks. The topics from which the question can be asked are:
- Modern Indian history (freedom struggle)
- Polity and Economy
- Knowledge of security and human rights issues
- Analytical Ability
Part-B – Candidates ability of Comprehension, precise writing, other communications and language skills are to be tested in this section. Students need to answer the questions in English only of 120 marks. In this section, the topics from which questions will be pertaining to are:
- Comprehension passages
- Precise writing
- Developing counter arguments
- Simple grammar and other aspects of language testing.
UPSC CAPF PET / PST / Medical Standards
Those candidates who qualify the written examination successfully will be eligible for the Physical Standards / Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Test. In this round, the students need to perform the physical tasks as given in the table below. Physical Efficiency Test is qualifying in nature and no marks are awarded for the same.
|(a) 100 Meters race|
(b) 800 Meters race
(c) Long Jump
(d) Shot Put(7.26 Kgs.)
|In 16 sec|
In 3 minutes and 45 seconds
3.5 Meters (3 chances)
|In 18 seconds|
In 4 minutes 45 seconds
3.0 meters (3 chances)