UPSC CDS 2 2018 Eligibility Criteria is an important factor for the candidates. If the candidate will fulfil the eligibility criteria then only he/she will be able to get selected for the post applied. Every candidate who is going to apply should check UPSC CDS 2 2018 Eligibility Criteria for their selection. Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. The candidates can check this page for more information regarding the UPSC CAPF 2018 Eligibility Criteria.
UPSC CDS (2) 2018 Eligibility, Age Limit
Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. The eligibility criteria designed by the UPSC is given below. The candidates will have to fulfil the eligibility criteria for the educational qualification, age limit and Physical Standards.
Nationality: A candidate must either be:
- a Citizen of India, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 01, 1962 with the
intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka
and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania,
Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently
settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination provisionally subject to the necessary certificate being given to him/her by the Govt. before the declaration of result by UPSC.
Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status :
- For IMA-Unmarried male candidates who are between 18 and 23 are eligible to apply.
- For Indian Naval Academy-Unmarried male candidates who are between 18 and 23 are eligible to apply.
- For Air Force Academy—20 to 24 years as on + (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable up to 26 years only are eligible.
Note: Candidate below 25 years of age must be unmarried. Marriage is not permitted during training. Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply but during training period they will neither be provided married accommodation nor can they live with family out of the premises.
- For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Course for men) Male candidates (married or unmarried) born not earlier than 2nd January 1994 and not later than 1st January 2000 only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd January 1994 and not later than 1st January 2000.Candidates should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the Commission and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
Educational Qualifications :
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy-Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy—Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution.
- For Air Force Academy-Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering. Graduates with the first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB
Interview at the SSB.Candidates who are studying in the final year/semester Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply provided candidate should not have any present backlog up to the last semester/year for which results have been declared up to the time of submission of application and they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination at the time of SSB to reach the Army HQ/Rtg.
- Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications which are recognised by the government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees would also be eligible for admission to the examination.
- Candidates, who have yet to pass their degree examination will be eligible only if they are studying in the final year of degree examination. Those candidates who have yet to qualify for the final year Degree Examination and are allowed to appear in the UPSC Examination should note that this is only a special concession given to them. They are required to submit proof of passing the Degree Examination by the prescribed date and no request for extending this date will be
entertained on the grounds of late conduct of basic qualifying University Examination, delay in declaration of results or any other ground whatsoever.
- Candidates who are debarred by the Ministry of Defence from holding any type of commission in the Defence Services shall not be eligible for admission to the examination and if admitted, their candidature will be cancelled.
- In the event of Air Force candidates being suspended from Flying training for failure to learn flying, they would be absorbed in the Navigation Branch of the IAF. This will be subject to availability of vacancies and fulfilling the laid down qualitative requirements (including 60% in graduation).
Physical Standards :
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Combined Defence Services Examination (II), 2018 as per guidelines are given below.
Insofar, Only UPSC CDS 2 2018 Exam Schedule has been announced. Rest of information on this page is based on last year information brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as UPSC releases UPSC CDS 2 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.