UPSC CDS (1) Admit Card 2017 – Union Public Service Commission release the admit card of UPSC CDS (1) 2017 four weeks before the commencement of the examination. Candidates who have applied for the Combined Defence Services (I) Examination, can download their CDS Admit Card from the official website of UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in.
This UPSC Admit Card should be carried to the examination hall on the exam day. Contact the Union Public Service Commission in case of non receipt of the admission certificate, or discrepancy in the hall ticket.
Important Schedule for UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination (1) 2017.
|End of application form submission||02 Dec 2016|
|Download UPSC CDS 2017 Admit Card||06 Jan 2017 – Available!|
|CDS 2017 Examination||05 Feb 2017|
UPSC CDS (1) Admit Card 2017
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has issued the CDS (I) 2017 Admit Card online on the official website. Combined Defence Services (CDS) will be held as per schedule released by the Commission on 05 February 2017. The eligible candidates can download e-Admit Card four weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admit Card has been made available on the UPSC website at www.upsc.gov.in for downloading by candidates. The UPSC CDS (1) Admit Card 2017 indicates candidate information, examination venue and timing details.
Candidate should note that No e-Admit Card will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid & active e-mail id while filling up online application form as the Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
Enter the following details to download admit card of UPSC CDS (1) 2017.
- Registration ID and Date of Birth; or
- Roll number and Date of birth; or
- Name, Father’s name, Date of birth.
Get Here UPSC CDS (I) Admit Card: – Click here to download UPSC CDS (1) Admit Card 2017.
Official website for UPSC Admit Card is www.upsc.gov.in
On receipt of Admission Certificate, check it carefully and bring discrepancies/errors, if any, to the notice of UPSC immediately.
No candidate will ordinarily be allowed to take the examination unless he / she holds an e-Admit Card for the examination. On the exam day, carry articles permitted inside the examination hall such as blank clip board, black ball pen and the officially issued UPSC CDS I Admit Card 2017.
Mobile Phones Banned
- Mobiles phones, pagers / bluetooth or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones / pagers / bluetooth or any valuable/costly items to the venue of the examination as arrangements for safe keeping cannot be assured. Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.
Books to prepare for CDS Exam
|Name of book||Author|
|Pathfinder CDS Examination Conducted by UPSC||Arihant Experts|
|Chapterwise-Sectionwise Solved Paper of CDS Mathematics, English, General Ability||Expert Compilation|
|10 Practice Sets CDS Examination Conducted by UPSC||Expert Compilation|
|Mathematics for CDS Entrance Exam||RS Agarwal|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||RS Aggarwal|
|Objective General English||RS Aggarwal|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|General Studies for All Competitive Examinations IAS, IFS, IES, IES/ISS, SCRA, CMS, CPF, CDS, NDA/NA, SSC, PSC Volume 1||Atlantic Research Division|
|General Studies for All Competitive Examinations IAS, IFS, IES, IES/ISS, SCRA, CMS, CPF, CDS, NDA/NA, SSC: Volume 2||Atlantic Research Division|
|Manorama Yearbook||Mathew, Mammen & Manorama, Malayala|
|General Knowledge by Manohar Pandey||Arihant Publications|
How to download admit card of UPSC CDS 2017 exam?
The procedure to download UPSC CDS (1) Admit Card 2017 is simple and candidate friendly. Keep the above login details ready and follow the steps given below to obtain the hall ticket.
- Go to the official website of UPSC at upsc.gov.in or candidates can also follow the Admit card link provided above .
- Navigate to the link that says e-Admit Card – Combined Defence Services Examination (I), 2017.
- The landing page for reaching admit card download page shall appear, and it look like the image shown below.
Click on the link and reach the instructions page.
Select one of the options as shown on the page.
Enter details and download the admit card.
Download and print the UPSC Combined Defence Services (I) e-admit card on a plain white sheet of paper. Take multiple print outs and keep it safely.
What to do if admit card is not available for download?
If a candidate does not receive his / her e-Admit Card or any other communication regarding his / her candidature for the examination three weeks before the commencement of the examination, he / she should at once contact the Commission. Information in this regard can also be obtained from the Facilitation Counter located in the Commission’s Office either in person or over Phone Nos. 011- 23381125/011-23385271 /011- 23098543.
In case no communication is received in the Commission’s Office from the candidate regarding non-receipt of his / her-Admit Card at least 3 weeks before the examination, he / she himself / herself will be solely responsible for non receipt of his / her e-Admit Card.
Important Instruction after downloading Admit Card
- Check the e-Admit Card carefully and bring discrepancies, if any, to the notice of UPSC immediately.
- Mention your Name, Roll Number, Registration ID and Name & Year of the Examination in all the correspondence with UPSC.
- Bring this e-Admit Card in each session to secure admission to Examination Hall. e-Admit Card may be preserved till the declaration of written result as its production before Service Selection Boards is necessary .
- You are responsible for safe custody of the e-Admit Card and in the event of any other person using this e-Admit Card.
- Candidates who do not have clear photographs on the e-admit card/signatures on the Scannable Attendance Lists will have to bring a photo identity proof viz. Adhar Card, Driving Licence, Passport,Voter I Card etc. and three passport size photographs one for each session for appearing in the examination with an undertaking.
UPSC CDS Preparation Strategy and Important Books
The first step towards preparing for the Combined Defense Services examination is to know the exam pattern and syllabus.
#1 Exam Pattern
For Admission to Indian Academy, Indian Naval Acadmy and Air Force Academy
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 Hours||100|
For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
Interview for intelligence and personality test of such candidates as may be called for interview at one of the Services Selection Centres.
#3 Practice from past year CDS question papers
Go through the question papers of last years Combined Defence Services examination. This will help you understand the standard of exam, pattern and difficulty level. Chart your prepparation after going through at least two – three question papers.
#4 Study from the best books for CDS preparation
UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination I, 2017
This hall ticket is very important from the examination point of view. UPSC CDS 1 Admit Card 2017 will be issued to eligible candidates which they can get at upsc.gov.in.
The examination is being conducted for filling vacancies in Indian Military Academy, Dehradun 144th (DE) Course commencing in January, 2018; Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala Course commencing in January, 2018 Executive (General Service); Air Force Academy, Hyderabad (Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in February, 2018; Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai 107th SSC Course (for Men) commencing in April, 2018; Officers Training Academy, Chennai 21st SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course commencing in April, 2018.
What to do if the UPSC CDS 1 admit card 2017 of another candidate is mistakenly received?
Candidates may please note that if their admit card for UPSC CDS 2017 has any mistakes, or it is issued in another candidate’s name – such a case should be immediately brought to the notice of the Commission.
Candidate must carry admit card issued in their name only, and also all the details in the document should be correct and verifiable.
Significance of the UPSC CDS (1) admit card 2017
- No candidate will ordinarily be allowed to take the examination unless he/she holds an e-Admit Card for the examination.
- The hall ticket is a very important document for the examination and it should be carefully preserved.
- Do not tamper with the admission certificate. Do not make any markings on the UPSC CDS admit card issued by the Commission.
- Make sure that all details in the document are correct and verifiable.
UPSC CDS 2017 Exam Centres
Note: No required for change of exam centre will be granted.
Applicants should note that there will be a ceiling on the number of candidates allotted to each of the centres except Chennai, Delhi, Dispur, Kolkata and Nagpur. Allotment of Centres will be on the first-apply-first-allot basis and once the capacity of a particular centre is attained, the same will be frozen. Applicants, who cannot get a centre of their choice due to ceiling, will be required to choose a Centre from the remaining ones. Applicants are, thus, advised that they may apply early so that they could get a Centre of their choice.
This page is being updated with details of the Union Public Service Commission Combined Defence Services Examination I, 2017.
If you have any queries regarding UPSC CDS Admit Card, please ask in comments below.UPSC CDS