CDS Application Form 2017 for UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination II will be available. Application Form of CDS (2) 2017 can be filled and submitted by eligible candidates to appear in examination which is scheduled to be held on 19 November 2017.
Union Public Service Commission will release CDS 2017 Online Application Form on 09 August 2017 and will close it on 08 September 2017. There are two parts of registration at upsconline.nic.in – Part I and II. In Part I registration for CDS Application Form, candidates have to enter personal details. Part II registration involves submitting exam center choices, payment details, uploading photograph and signature. Avoid last minute rush and apply now for UPSC CDS (2) 2017 for notified vacancies for admission in IMA, INA, AFA, OTA.
|Important event related to UPSC CDS (2) 2017||Dates|
|Start of application form submission for Combined Defence Services (II) 2017||August 9, 2017|
|Last date to register and pay fees for CDS Application Form 2017||September 8, 2017|
|Download admit card (expected)||October 2017|
UPSC CDS (2) 2017 Application Form
Application fee – Female candidates of any category, and all SC, ST candidates have to pay nil or zero (0) fees. Rest of applicants have to pay Rs 200 as application fee. If fee is applicable for applicant’s category and gender, it can be paid either in cash using challan generated at end of form, or using net banking or credit / debit card.
Apply here – Link to apply for UPSC CDS (2) 2017 will be available as soon as UPSC releases it on August 9, 2017.
Official website to apply for CDS exam will be www.upsc.gov.in.
To help candidates complete process of filling up CDS application form easily, detailed steps are given below.
How to apply online for UPSC CDS (2) 2017?
Union Public Service Commission will release notification for Second Combined Defence Service Examination 2017 (read: CDS (2) 2017 Notification). After determining eligibility, candidates can apply online at upsconline.nic.in. Here are all steps with illustrations.
- Click on apply online link given above. You will reach page as shown below.
- Click on link that says “Click Here for PART I “.
- This takes you to page containing all instructions for online application form of UPSC CDS.
- Read all instructions carefully and follow them. After reading instructions, click on yes at bottom of page.
- Now you will reach UPSC CDS (2) 2017 Application Form Part I Registration.
- Enter details including name, gender, date of birth, father’s name, mother’s name, nationality, marital status, community, educational qualification, address, mobile number, email ID, Do you hold valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India), Preferences, Whether having/likely to have NCC ‘C’ Certificate Sr. Division (Army / Navy / AFA), Whether Serving in Armed Forces, Whether belong to Sainik School. Note that mandatory fields are marked with * (asterisk) sign.
- Pay application fee if applicable.
- Select centers for examination in order of preference. Note that centers selected in CDS Application Form 2017 will be final and cannot be changed.
- Upload photograph and signature as per specifications of CDS Application Form 2017.
- Agree to declaration.
- Submit application form of UPSC CDS (2) 2017.
Photograph specifications for CDS Application Form 2017
- Scanned photograph should be in JPG format.
- The digital size of file must be less than 40 kb and greater than 3 kb.
- Resolution 140 pixel height by 110 pixel width and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
Signature specifications for CDS Application Form 2017
- Upload your scanned signature in JPG format.
- The digital size of each file must be less than 40 kb and greater than 1 kb.
- Resolution 110 pixel height by 140 pixel width and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
Preferences in CDS Application Form 2017
Order of preference has to be indicated by applicant. While selecting preferences, candidate should ensure eligibility conditions being met and take steps accordingly.
A male candidate is advised to indicate as many preferences as he wishes to so that having regard to his rank in the order of merit due consideration can be given to his preferences when making appointment.
Male candidate who wishes to compete for Short Service Commission (Army) only should indicate OTA as only choice.
Male candidate filling up CDS Application Form 2017 and competing for Short Service Commission Course at OTA as well as Permanent Commission course at IMA, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy should indicate OTA as last preference, otherwise OTA will be deemed to be last choice even if it is given a higher preference by the candidate.
For UPSC CDS (2) 2017 Application Form, candidates who wish to join Air Force Academy must indicate AFA as first choice, as they have to be administered Computer Pilot Selection System (CPSS) and/or Pilot Aptitude Battery Test at one of the AFSBs and AF Medicals at Central Establishment/Institute of Aviation Medicines. Choice exercised for AFA as second/third etc. will be treated as invalid.
Women candidate are eligible to apply for Officers Training Academy, Chennai 22nd SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course commencing in October 2018.
Female candidates should indicate preference as OTA only in application form of CDS (2) 2017.
Edit UPSC CDS (2) 2017 Application Form
Union Public Service Commission gives only one chance to fill and submit. Changes in form cannot be made after it is submitted.
Multiple online forms filled for UPSC CDS
Candidate is advised to submit online one application form of CDS (2) 2017. Avoid multiple applications.
Still, if candidate has submitted more than one CDS Application Form 2017, form with higher Registration ID is considered. Hence, candidate should ensure that application form with higher RID is complete in all respects.
In case of any guidance /information/ clarification regarding their application, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near Gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over Telephone No.011-23385271/011-23381125/011- 23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs. to 17.00 hrs.
Instructions for CDS Application Form
- The applicants are advised to check their e-mails at regular intervals and ensure that the email address ending with @nic.in are directed to their inbox folder and not to the SPAM folder or any other folder.
- Candidates are strongly advised to apply online well in time without waiting for the last date for submission of online application.
- Applicants should note that there will be a ceilling on the number of candidates allotted to each of the centres except Chennai, Delhi, Dispur, Kolkatta and Nagpur. Allotment of Centres will be on the first-apply-first-allot basis and once the capacity of a particular centre is attained, the same will be frozen.
- Applicants, who cannot get a centre of their choice due to ceiling, will be required to choose a Centre from the remaining ones. Applicants are, thus, advised that they may apply early so that they could get a Centre of their choice.