Union Public Service Commision (UPSC) has released the final result of UPSC CMS 2018 at upsc.gov.in on January 15, 2019. The final result has been declared in the form of pdf. The pdf is containing the roll number of the candidates who have scored more than or equal to minimum qualifying marks in CBT and personality test. The CBT for UPSC CMS 2018 held on July 22, 2018, and personality test held from November 2018 to January 2019. UPSC recommended 440 candidates for Combined Medical Services, and have put 119 candidates in reserve list. Initially when the recruitment was announced the actual number of vacancies were 504. Get more details about the UPSC CMS 2018 on this page like application form, examination form etc.
UPSC CMS 2018
Last year, the UPSC CMS Exam was conducted on June 12, 2017. The result was announced on December 12, 2016. A total of 717 candidates were selected including 21 PH candidates. Srimanta Sundar Padhi was last year topper. This year the target is to select 454 candidates, who are eligible enough as well as dedicated. Check more details about the vacancies, for this kindly scroll down.
|UPSC CMS||Important Dates|
|Commencement of UPSC CMS 2018 Apply Online||02 May 2018|
|Last date for Submission of Application Form||25 May 2018 till 06:00 PM|
|Availability of CMS Admit Card||02 Jul 2018|
|Date of exam of UPSC CMS 2018||22 Jul 2018|
|Date of Declaration of Result 2018||27 Aug 2018|
|Date of Admit card availability for Interview||03 weeks prior to the exam|
|Commencement of interview||26, 27, 28, 29, 30 Nov 2018
03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, Dec 2018
02, 03, 04 Jan 2019
|Date of Final Result||15 Jan 2019|
Schedule of Interview for UPSC CMS 2018
Vacancy Details of UPSC CMS 2018
Total 454 candidates have to be selected. Check the vacancy distribution in UPSC CMS
- Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways – 300 posts
- Assistant Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Services – 16 posts
- Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Services- 138 Posts
- General Duty Medical Officer in New Delhi Municipal Council – NIL
- General Duty Medical Grade-II – NIL
Application Process for UPSC CMS 2018
UPSC released the application form on the official website. The application process completed in several stages. The candidates had to scan their images as per the mentioned specifications. Those stages include
- Profile creation,
- Filling in basic details,
- Educational qualification,
- Uploading documents etc.
Application Fees for UPSC CMS 2018
Unreserved Candidates had to pay the Rs. 200/- as the examination fee. But candidates belonging to Female/SC/ST/PH category the fee was NIL. The application fee was non-refundable. The application fee was submitted in two ways.
- Either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash.
- Or by making the online payment using Debit Card, Credit card, Net Banking etc.
Eligibility Criteria UPSC CMS 2018
Nationality -A candidate must be either:
- A Citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who settled in India before 1 January 1962 or
- An Indian origin Pakistani, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia
- Or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Educational Qualification: participant should have passed the written and practical parts of the final M.B.B.S. Examination.
Age Limit: A candidate of 32 years of age as on 1 August 2018 is eligible to apply.
Upper Age relaxation
- SC/ST- Up to 5 years
- OBC- Up to 3 years
- Jammu & Kashmir resident who had lived in the state from 1 January 1980 to 31 December 1989. – Up to 5 years
- Defense Services personnel disabled in operations- Up to 3 years
- Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs – Up to 5 years
- ECOs/SSCOs -Up to 5 years
- Blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped candidates-Up to 10 years
Admit Card for UPSC CMS 2018
The admit card for the UPSC CMS examination will be released in two stages. Firstly, UPSC will release the admit card for the Computer Based Test. As soon as first stage overs, Again UPSC will release the admit card for the Personal Interview round. The admit card will available on the official website of UPSC. No, admit card will be sent to the candidates by post or by any other method. The only available mode will be downloading from the official website. You can get the direct link for the admit card on the “Admit Card” page, as it will release by the UPSC.
Center for Examination of UPSC CMS 2018
- Panaji (Goa)
- Port Blair
The allotment scheme of the test centers is totally based on the first-come-first-serve-basis. The candidate who will apply first will get the chosen center first. So you are advised to apply fast so that you can get center of your choice.
Exam Pattern UPSC CMS
UPSC will conduct the recruitment examination in two parts, both are described here
Part I was Computer-based examination is of total 500 marks. The section was divided into two papers namely Paper I and Paper II. Each paper consisted of 250 marks and was of 2 hours duration.
Examination pattern of PAPER I of Computer-based Test is given here. Please note down the syllabus for two Papers in the table. The weight-age allotted to different components in the two papers are given below: –
|General Medicine||96 questions|
There was the provision for the negative marking. If any candidate marked any wrong answer then he/she has to bear the deduction. The deduction of the 1/3 marks is was deducted from each wrong marked answer. Negative marking was applicable on both of the papers.
|Paper II||Max Marks: 250|
|Gynaecology & Obstetrics||40 questions|
|Preventive & Social Medicine||40 questions|
Part-II of UPSC CMS 2018 is a Personality Test. The personality test carries 100 Marks. Candidates who qualify for the computer-based examination will be called for Interview/Personality Test. The test will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.
The Interview for Personality Test will be intended to serve as a supplement to the computer-based examination for testing the General Knowledge and ability of the candidates. In the fields of their academic study. And also in the nature of a personality test to assess the candidate’s intellectual curiosity. Critical powers of assimilation, And the suitability for the post.
Syllabus UPSC CMS
When you are going to write such an important and dignified competitive examination. Then you should be more confident about your preparation. For this, the first thing is a paper pattern which is already described above. Now the second and most important part is the Syllabus. So please note down the syllabus from here.
However, we are just going to provide the view of the syllabus. You can download the entire syllabus, form the bottom of the section.
The syllabus for Paper – I Consist of these major parts which are most important for the purpose of the examination.
- General Medicine:
Infections/Communicable Diseases, etc
- Pediatrics: Common childhood emergencies,
Basic newborn care,
Normal developmental milestones,
Accidents and poisonings in children,
Birth defects and counseling including autism,
Immunization in children,
Recognizing children with special needs and management,
and National programmes related to child health
The syllabus for the Paper-II Consist of these topics.
Head and Neck,
- Gynaecology & Obstetrics: OBSTETRICS, GYNAECOLOGY, FAMILY PLANNING
- Preventive & Social Medicine:
Social and Community Medicine,
The concept of Health,
Disease and Preventive Medicine,
Health Administration and Planning,
Demography and Health Statistics,
Nutrition and Health,
Genetics and Health,
Medical Sociology and Health Education,
Maternal and Child Health.
Click here to Download the entire syllabus of UPSC CMS 2018
Result UPSC CMS 2018
The result for the UPSC CMS is being released in two phases. The result Computer Based Test released at first. After that when the Personal Interview process gets over then the result of that will release. The result is available online on the UPSC’s website. The appeared candidates are able to check the result on the official website. Or one another method is also available that is the Aglasem page itself. The candidates have to obtain the minimum qualifying marks in order to crack the examination. The candidates who will able to do so will get the selection in UPSC CMS 2018. In order to fetch the result, the candidate has to enter the application no, or username password. As he/she has to login first.
Selection Procedure of UPSC CMS
The candidates who qualify the above-mentioned criteria will be selected for recruitment position. Candidates will undergo the computer-based test, & Personality Test.
Stage-1 Computer Based Examination
First, the candidates have to undergo the CBT which is of maximum 500 marks. The purpose of this test is to test the academic knowledge of the candidate. The candidate has to score well in this test. If he/she wants to appear in the next level of the recruitment test.
Stage-2 Personal Interview
The selected candidates have to proceed to a Personality test. Personality test will consist of 100 marks. The primary purpose of this examination is to judge the personality of the candidates. To judge the suitability for the post, he /she has applied for.
If the candidate name features in the list, then keep ready self-attested copies of the following documents. These documents are needed for submission to the commission.
- Age Certificate.
- Educational Qualification Certificate.
- Caste Certificate
- Age relaxation Certificate
- Physically Handicapped Certificate ( if applicable).
- Ad-hoc doctors age relaxation Certificate
Pay Scale UPSC CMS 2018
The candidate, who applies for the examination. Or one who does the preparation for the test. Everyone only has the curiosity of the salary of the desired post. When candidates got selection in the UPSC CMS 2018 they will get the salary as mentioned below.
The scale of pay admissible to the Medical Officer of CHS is in the Level-10 of the pay matrix. And NPA as per orders issued by the Government. Rs. 56,100 to Rs.1,77,500/- would be the pay for the Medical officer.
One thing you should note, that this is the initial pay scale, this will increase as you get the promotion.
Preparation Tips for UPSC CMS 2018
Now, we are going to work on the most crucial part of the examination, and that is the Exam preparations. So let’s take the look for the exam Preparation.
- First of all, choose a study plan wisely according to the time left and stick to it.
- Divide the entire preparation time for different sections on the basis of their marks weight-age.
- Know your week points and your strength, and prepare accordingly.
- Prepare all the important topics of the syllabus and revise them again and again.
- If you get the difficulty in revising, then you can stick small notes in your room.
- Make small milestone on daily basis. Try to cover all subjects on a daily basis.
- Time is the prime factor in the Computer-based examination. So use it wisely.
- The average time is taken to solve a question in the paper should be less than a minute.
- So answer the questions you know first in the examination. That will save your time.
- Do not indulge in guesswork since it can result in negative marking.
- “More study more confusion” could be a correct phrase. If we replace study to study materials. So try to stick to one book for every section of the examination. Do not Clutter yourself with too many sources of preparation.
- Practice as many Mock Tests as you can and sit on a table with a timer.
- Always prepare the basics of a subject hence you must refer to the class texts.
Best Book for UPSC CMS 2018
Right books are gems for the examination. And the right guidance is like “A cherry on the cake”. So here are some important books which are suggested by the experts. So let’s have a look
- The first book is for Comprehensive Guide to Combined Medical Services.
- Next books is a Quick Review of UPSC for Combined Medical Services Examination by Sangita Chandra & Sharad Chandra.
- The third book is CBS Combined Medical Services UPSC Entrance Examination by S. Bhatia.
- The last but not least book is for an interview. And that book is UPSC Interview Deciphering the Personality Test by Pranav Mahajan.
You can get all these books on Amazon. The direct link to Amazon is along with the book name. If you get these books in your friend circle then borrow it, but purchasing would be preferable.
For more details about UPSC CMS 2018 Download Advertisement
Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in