It is with reference to the notification released by the Union Public Service Commission that applications are invited for the Combined Medical Services Examination 2018 to fill various positions such as Foreman (Chemical, Mechanics, Electronics), Technical Officer Forestry Grade II, Assistant Registrar General(Language), Research Officer/Planning Officer and Deputy Controller of Mines. Application Forms were supposed to be released on 11 April 2018, but due to some reasons it is deferred.
UPSC CMS 2018
The candidates wishing to apply for the recruitment can check all the details related to UPSC CMS 2018 Recruitment like important dates, eligibility, total vacancies, application fees, how to apply, exam pattern etc.
|Commencement of UPSC CMS 2018 Apply Online|
|Last date for Submission of Application Form||07 May 2018|
|Availability of CMS Admit Card||Three week before the exam|
|Date of exam of UPSC CMS 2018||22 Aug 2018|
|Date of Declaration of Result 2018||Second week of September|
|Date of Admit card availability for Interview||First week of October|
|Date of Final Result||Fourth week of December|
UPSC CMS Eligibility Criteria 2018
Nationality -A candidate must be either:
- a Citizen of India, or a subject of Nepal, Bhutan, or a Tibetan refugee who settled in India before 1 January 1962 or an Indian origin Pakistani, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Educational Qualification: participant should have passed the written and practical parts of the final M.B.B.S. Examination.
Age Limit: (a) A candidate of 32 years of age as on 1 August 2018 is eligible to apply.
Upper age relaxation criteria
- SC/ST- Up to 5 years
- OBC- Up to 3 years
- Jammu & Kashmir resident who had lived in the state from 1 January 1980 to 31 December 1989. – Up to 5 years
- Defence Services personnel disabled in operations- Up to 3 years
- Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs – Up to 5 years
- ECOs/SSCOs -Up to 5 years
- blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped candidates-Up to 10 years
- Ad hoc Doctors appointed after 1 October 1984 in the Ministry of Railways will be granted relaxation in age to the extent of the period of service rendered by them as ad-hoc Doctors in Railways.
Applications can be filled online at upsc.online.nic.in. The application was completed in several stages which include profile creation, filling in basic details, educational qualification, uploading documents, uploading photo and signature, preview and submission etc. If you want to fill up the application using Aglasem page please click this link click here. The candidates had to scan their images as per the mentioned specifications.
Photo and Signature Upload
- Photo Dimensions- 140 pixels (Height) X 110 pixels (Width).
- Signature Dimensions- 110 pixels (Height) X 140 pixels (Width).
- Format- JPG
- File size- Max. 40 KB
The next step was to pay the fees as per the category and preview application process
Application Fees for UPSC CMS 2018 – Candidates were charged Rs. 200/- (except for candidates belonging to Female/SC/ST/PH category) last year. The amount can be paid through either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using SBI net banking. The latest fee will be updated soon.
UPSC CMS Exam Pattern
Scheme of Combined Medical Service Examination: to be made effective from CMSE 2018
Computer-based examination: the computer-based test is of total 500 marks. The section was divided into two papers namely Paper I and Paper II, 250 marks each and Each Paper was of 2 hours duration.
Computer-based Examination: please note down the syllabus for two Papers in the table and the weight-age allotted to different components in the two papers are given below: –
|General Medicine||96 questions|
|Paper II||Max Marks: 250|
|Gynaecology & Obstetrics||40 questions|
|Preventive & Social Medicine||40 questions|
Part-II Personality Test: The personality test is of 100 Marks. Candidates who qualify for the computer-based examination will be called for Interview/Personality Test to be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. The Interview/Personality Test will carry 100 marks. The Interview for Personality Test will be intended to serve as a supplement to the computer-based examination for testing the General Knowledge and ability of the candidates in the fields of their academic study and also in the nature of a personality test to assess the candidate’s intellectual curiosity, critical powers of assimilation, balance of judgement and alertness of mind, ability for social cohesion, integrity of character,initiative and capacity for leadership.
The candidates who qualify the above-mentioned criteria are selected for recruitment position. Candidates go through a computer-based test of 500 marks for which both the papers are essential components. The selected candidates proceed to Personality test which has 100 marks. The results were declared in the month of September 2018.
If the candidate name features in the list, then keep ready self-attested copies of the following documents for submission to the commission.
- Age Certificate.
- Educational Qualification Certificate.
- Caste Certificate
- Age relaxation Certificate
- Physically Handicapped Certificate ( if applicable).
- Ad-hoc doctors age relaxation Certificate
Insofar, Only UPSC CMS 2018 Exam Schedule has been announced. Rest of information on this page is based on last year information brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as UPSC releases UPSC CMS 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.
For more details about UPSC CMS Download Advertisement 2017
Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in