Union Public Service Commission is conducting Engineering Services Examination on 8 January 2017. All candidates who are interested and eligible to appear for the same can fill and submit application form of IES 2017. The complete process of applying is to be done at www.upsconline.nic.in as per instructions at upsc.gov.in. IES 2017 Application Form is available from 28 September 2016 to 03 Nov 2016. The link to apply online will in fact get de-activated at 6 PM on the last date. In order to apply, one has to enter all relevant personal, academic, and contact details and pay application fee of Rs 200 only (fee is nil for female / SC / ST / PH candidates however). After furnishing all information and submitting the IES / ESE application form, applicants can download download admit card of IES 2017 to appear in exam.
UPSC IES / ESE Application Form 2017
This application form is for the Engineering Services Examination 2017. It is officially referred to as ESE 2017. However several candidates call it the IES 2017 (short for Indian Engineering Services). On this page the terms IES 2017 Application Form, and ESE 2017 Application Form are used interchangeably.
IES 2017 Application Form has to be filled online. Apply online at www.upsconline.nic.in or through the direct link provided below. Before proceeding to apply, go through eligibility criteria (click here for IES 2017 notification to read eligibility) and apply only if eligible.
Submit application form of Engineering Services Examination 2017 before last date. Late applications, or requests to take forms later will not be entertained by the Union Public Service Commission. Note down these dates to avoid being late.
|Important event related to IES Application Form||IES Application Form Dates|
|Release of UPSC ESE 2017 Notification||28 Sep 2016|
|Last date of receipt of application form||
03 Nov 2016 till 18.00 Hours
Apply Now: UPSC Engineering Services Examination Application Form 2017
Fictitious Fee (Candidates rejected due to non‐payment of Examination fee)
List of Rejected candidates due to non‐payment of Examination fee of Rs.200/‐ has been announced of the Engineering Services Examination 2017. If any, with documentary proof/evidence against such rejections may be furnished within 10 (Ten) days by hand/speed post to the Commission. The candidates may also check their email in this regard.
Application Fees: Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/ PH who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/‐ (Rupees Two hundred only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India / State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur / State Bank of Hyderabad / State Bank of Mysore / State Bank of Patiala / State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa / Master Credit / Debit card.
Books to prepare for IES 2017
IES 2017 Application Form: How to apply online?
Candidates are required to apply Online only by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in. Brief instructions are given below.
- Candidates are required to apply Online using the link www.upsconline.nic.in or through the ‘Apply Online’ direct link provided above.
- First of all you have to complete Part I Registration. This includes entering details of basic nature. At the end of this step you can check data and make necessary corrections.
- Next, go to Part II Registration for UPSC ESE 2017. In this step the first thing to do is pay fees, if applicable. Then you can select exam centers, upload photograph and signature, and finally agree to declaration.
Photograph and Signature details
Scanned photograph should be in JPG format. The digital size of file must be less than 40 kb and greater than 3 kb and resolution 140 pixel height by 110 pixel width and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
Scanned signature should be in JPG format. The digital size of each file must be less than 40 kb and greater than 1 kb and resolution 110 pixel height by 140 pixel width and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
Submitted multiple IES 2017 Application Form. What to do?
The Union Public Service Commission advises candidates to submit single form only. Nevertheless if due to unavoidable circumstances you have submitted another or multiple application form of IES 2017, then ensure that the one with higher RID is complete in all respects.
Engineering Services Examination (ESE) 2017 Application Form with higher RID should have all correct details such as examination centre, photograph, signature, fee and everything else. This form, the one with higher RID will be accepted as final.
Refund of fees
If you have submitted multiple application forms, then unfortunately UPSC will not refund application fee of previous ESE application form 2017.
A note for applicants of IES 2017 who are in Government Service, or in Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organisations or in private employment
- You should apply online direct to the Commission.
- Persons, already in Government service whether in a permanent or temporary capacity or as work‐charged employees other than causal or daily rated employees or those serving under public enterprises are, however, required to inform their Head of Office/Department that they have applied for the Examination.
- Candidates should note that in case communication is received from their employer by the Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for/appearing at the Examination, their application will be liable to be rejected/ candidature will be liable to be cancelled.
Selection of exam center in ESE 2017 Application Form
- While filling in his/her application form, the candidate should carefully decide about his/her choice for the centre and engineering discipline for the examination.
- If any candidate appears at a centre/engineering discipline other than the one indicated by the commission in his/her e‐admission certificate papers of such a candidate will not be valued and his/her candidature will be liable to cancellation.
A note for applicants of ESE 2017 who will use scribes
Suitable provisions for information regarding use of scribes by the blind candidates and candidates with locomotor disability and cerebral palsy where dominant (writing) extremity is affected to the extent of slowing the performance of function (minimum of 40% impairment) have been made in the online application.
Will my application form of IES 2017 be rejected?
Incomplete or defective applications shall be summarily rejected. No representation or correspondence regarding such rejection shall be entertained under any circumstances.