The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has issued UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist 2018 Admit Card. It released the admit card online, on June 11, 2018. It has been uploaded on upsc.gov.in and the candidates can download it by entering registration id / roll number and date of birth. For the year 2018 UPSC will conduct exam for Geologist & Geoscientist 2018 on June 29, 2018. The Admit Card of UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist 2018 must be taken to the examination centers on the exam day. Candidates can read more details about UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist 2018 Admit Card from this page.
UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist 2018 Admit Card
The Geologist and Geoscientist Examination hold in two steps. The first step of examination is Written Test, and the Second one is the Personality Test. Last year, UPSC had conducted the written test for the Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Exam on May 12. The recruitment examination was conducted to select 138 vacancies. But at last 78 candidates were selected for the Personality Test. Thus, via last year statistics, we can say that the difficulty level is too high last year. Hence to crack the exam extreme dedication is required. You should check the important dates related to UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist 2018 Admit Card.
|UPSC CGGE Admit Card||Important Dates|
|Admit card issue date||11 Jun 2018|
|Exam date||29 Jun to 01 Jul 2018|
- One thing should be noted that the Admission Certificate will not be sent by post.
- Admit card: Click Here to Download the Admit Card for UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist 2018.
- Fictitious Fee Cases: Click here to check the notice.
- Exam Timetable: Click here to check the timetable.
Official website www.upsc.gov.in
How to Download UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist 2018 Admit Card?
To download the UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist 2018 Admit card you need to follow these steps.
- First of all, Visit the official website of UPSC or Click on the above link. The page which will open will look like this.
After clicking on the “Yes” button, the new page will open where you find two option to download the Admit Card, either by Registration ID or Roll Number.
- After choosing any one of the Option, the candidates have to enter the Date of Birth and captcha. This step is the same for both options. For downloading the e-Admission Certificate/e-Admit Card the candidate must have his/her vital parameters Date of Birth or roll no(if received) with him/her.
- Enter your credentials.
- On the screen, you will get the admit card.
- Download and print your admit card.
- Don’t forget to take your admit card on the day of examination.
What to Do if Facing Problem to Download the UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist Admit Card?
Sometimes, due to the technical error, the candidate face problems to download the Admit Card. If you are the one who is facing this problem then you should communicate to the Commission. As soon as you communicate to the Commission the chances of resolving the problem can increase. For communication, you can visit in person to the Facilitation Counter located in the Commission’s office. Or you can call / E-mail to the Commission on
- Phone No’s:- 011-23381125/011-23385271/011-23098543.
- Email: email@example.com
The notice regarding this problem should reach to the office at least three weeks before the examination. This would be more effective to resolve the problem.
How to Resolve Discrepancy on UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist 2018 Admit Card?
After downloading the admit card the most important task is to check it. The detail on the Admit Card should be correct and verifiable. If a candidate finds any incorrect details on the Admit acrd then he/she should communicate to the Commission to remove this error. The Commission will cancel the candidature of the candidature if found so. So to skip this problem communicate with the Commission. The details for the communication are present in the above section.
What is the Scheme of UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist 2018 Exam?
UPSC conducts the Geologist & Geoscientist 2018 Exam in two phases. The First Phase is the Written Examination and the second one is the Personality Test. Let’s understand the Paper pattern.
Written Exam Pattern of UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist 2018 Exam
The question in the Written Examination are the Conventional type. So there is not any provision for the negative marking. But if the handwriting of the candidate is not clear to read. Then there could be a deduction of marks.
|For the post of Geologist (3 Hrs)|
|General English||100 Marks|
|Geology Paper I||200 Marks|
|Geology Paper II||200 Marks|
|Geology Paper III||200 Marks|
|For the post of Geophysicist (3Hrs)|
|General English||100 Marks|
|Geophysics Paper I||200 Marks|
|Geophysics Paper II||200 Marks|
|Geophysics Paper III||200 Marks|
Personality Test of UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist 2018 Exam
After conducting the first phase of the test. UPSC will conduct the Personality Test, which is an Interview. The shortlisted candidates for written examination will have to attend the Personality Test. UPSC will send the intimation regarding the test on registered email Id. The main objective of the personality test is to assess the candidate’s intelligence and the suitability towards the service.
Important instructions about UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist 2018 Admit Card and Exam
- If any candidate downloads more than one admit card for the UPSC’s website then he/she should use the any one of them the examination hall.
- Change in address should be communicated to the Commission at the earliest opportunity. Although the Commission make every effort to take account of such changes, they cannot accept any responsibility in the matter.
- If there are any errors on the e-admit card, you must bring it to the notice of UPSC immediately.
- If candidate’s image is not clear on the Admit card then he /she should carry at least one ID proof, 02 passport size photograph in the exam hall.
- Any electronic gadgets are not allowed in the examination hall. If any candidate found with any gadget than his/her candidature will cancel by the board at that time.
- Candidates may note that they will not be allowed to take the examination on the strength of an e-Admission Certificate issued in respect of another candidate.
- Candidates must know that university may abbreviate your names on the admit card due to technical reasons.
Centers for the UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist 2018 Exam
UPSC Geologist & Geoscientist 2018 Exam took place in all over India. Candidates can check the center’s name from here.