UPSC Geo-Scientist Geologist Result 2020: The result of UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Geologist 2020 is released on the official website of UPSC i.e. upsc.gov.in in PDF format. Candidates just need their roll number to check their result. The result for every stage of the selection procedure is released separately. The candidates who qualify the preliminary exam are allowed to appear in the main exam. You must score marks equal to or more than the cut-off score provided by the commission. The final merit list is prepared based on candidate’s score in the preliminary, mains and personal interview. To know more about UPSC Geo-Scientist Geologist result 2020, read the article till the end.
UPSC Geo-Scientist Geologist Result 2020
In the preliminary exam, the candidates are selected in a ratio of 6 or 7 times of the total vacancies. The candidates must clear the cut-off to appear in the next stage of the recruitment process. Below is the schedule for all the dates related to the UPSC Geo-Scientist Geologist 2020:
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Date of Preliminary Exam||19 Jan 2020|
|Result Date||To be announced|
|Date of Main Exam||27 June 2019|
|Date of Result of Main Exam||To be announced|
|Date of Interview||To be announced|
|Date of Final Result||To be announced|
Check result Here: Candidates can check the UPSC Geo-Scientist Geologist result 2020 as per schedule at upsc.gov.in.
Selection Procedure for UPSC Geo-Scientist Geologist Result 2020
The selection procedure on the basis of which the final merit list is prepared is as following:
- Preliminary Exam: The candidates first appear for the preliminary exam which is divided into 2 papers of 2 hours each. The first paper is of General Studies of 100 marks. Paper-2 is of 300 marks. There is also negative marking of 1/3 marks of the total marks of the question. The candidates are selected in a ratio of 6 or 7 time the number of vacancies.
- Main Exam: The candidates who score marks more than or equal to the cut-off marks decided by the commission are eligible for appearing in the main exam. The main exam consists of 3 papers of 3 hours. The question paper is of 200 marks and does not contain any negative marking. The candidates who qualify the main exam are called for the personal interview.
- Personal Interview: Before the personal interview, document verification is conducted, the candidate must have all the documents as per the claims of the application form. The personal interview is of 200 marks. The final merit list of all the candidate is prepared after the personal interview. The personal interview is conducted by the interview committee where the candidates are evaluated for being eligible for the particular post.
- Final Merit List: The final merit list is prepared on the basis of total marks scored by the candidates in the preliminary exam, main exam and personal interview, the cut-off marks decided by the commission and the number of vacancies notified by the government.
How to Check UPSC Geo-Scientist Geologist Result 2020?
The candidates can check their on the merit list at upsc.gov.in. Below ate the steps to follow to check the result:
1st step: Go to the official website of UPSC, upsc.gov.in or click on the link given in the article.
2nd step: Here, place your cursor on the examination tab and click on the “active examination” button in the dropdown menu.
3rd step: Now, find the name of your examination.
4th step: Click on the link for the examination. A new page will appear.
5th step: Here, find the link for the PDF file of merit list. Click on that link.
6th step: The PDF file will open. Next, press “ctrl+F” and type your roll number. Now, press enter. If you have cleared your examination you name or roll number will highlight on the screen.
UPSC Geo-Scientist Geologist 2020 Cut-off
Below is the cut-off marks of UPSC CGS and Geologist exam 2018 that you can refer. The candidates can have an idea of the difficulty level of the exam and the cut-off based on which the result is prepared.
(i) Written Exam: Below is the cut-off of year 2018 after the main exam. The cut-off marks were considered out of 700 marks.
(ii) Final Cut-off: Check below the final cut-off after the interview round for the year 2018:
Things to Carry to Personal Interview of UPSC Geo-Scientist Geologist 2020
The candidates who clear the main examination must prepare for appearing in the personal interview. Below is the list of all the documents that will be needed in the personal interview. Candidates who do not bear all these documents will not be in the process of personal interview.
- Printout of Application Form
- Admit Card
- Age certificate
- Education qualification certificates
- Category Certificate
- Certificate in support of claim for age/ fee concession, wherever applicable
- Certificate in support of being persons with benchmark disability (if applicable)
UPSC Geo-Scientist Geologist 2020 Vacancies
Check below the total vacancies for the UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist 2020.
|Name of Posts||Vacancies|
|Geologist, Group A||79|
|Geophysicist, Group A||5|
|Chemist, Group A||15|
|Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B), Group A||3|
About UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist 2020
The recruitment for UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist 2020 is done based on 2 exams and a personal interview. The preliminary exam consists of 2 paper of objective type questions. This exam has a negative marking of the 1/3rd mark of the total marks allotted to the correct question. The candidates who clear the preliminary exam appear for the main exam. The candidates who clear the main exam must prepare for the personal interview. The total vacancies for all the 4 posts are 102.
UPSC Combined Geoscientist Geologist 2020 Result Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : You must have your roll no. for knowing your result for every stage of the exam. The result will be declared in PDF format in a merit list.
Ans : The candidates are selected in a ratio of 6 or 7 times of the total no. of vacancies in the preliminary exam.
Ans : No, there is no negative marking in the main exam. The negative marking will be for wrong answers in the preliminary exam.
Ans : There are 102 vacancies in the exam notified for UPSC Geoscientist and Geologist 2020.
Ans : The documents are stated below that you must carry to the document verification round: - Printout of Application Form - Admit Card - Age certificate - Education qualification certificates - Category Certificate - Certificate in support of claim for age/ fee concession, wherever applicable - Certificate in support of being persons with benchmark disability (if applicable)