Union Public Service Commission has released the Indian Forest Services (Main) Examination, 2018 Addendum to DAF, at upsc.gov.in. The UPSC Indian Forest Service Main Exam (IFS) 2018 will hold on December 02, 2018. The qualifiers of prelims will able to appear in the main by filling DAF. This year UPSC will select 110 brilliant candidates for this exam. The selection of the candidates will be done by scaling them in three exams Preliminary, Main, Interview. The candidates have to qualify the prelims for writing the Main examination. After that, the selected candidates for the main exam will be invited to the interview process. The finally selected candidates will be appointed as the Forest Service Department. Get here all the details of UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam (IFS) 2018. Also, check the Topper interview page.
UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam (IFS) 2018
The UPSC IFS Examination battle has been started from February 07 2018. The prelims were held on June 03, 2018. The candidates who qualified should move ahead with help of this schedule.
|UPSC IFS 2018||Important Dates|
|Commencement of online Application||07 Feb 2018|
|Last date to submit online Application||06 Mar 2018|
|Last Date for Receipt of Applications||06 Mar 2018|
|Issuance of Admit card||07 May 2018|
|Examination day||03 Jun 2018|
|Releasing of Answer key||To be announced|
|Declaration of Prelims result||14 Jul 2018|
|Commencement of Online DAF||04 Sep 2018|
|Last Date to fill DAF||18 Sep 2018|
|Availability of the Main exam admit card||12 Nov 2018|
|Conduction of the main exam||02 to 10 Dec 2018|
The schedule is given here for the meant to be followed by the candidates. The schedule will be updated from time to time as Board releases any notice regarding the exam.
Time Table for UPSC Indian Forest Service Main Exam
The Detailed Application Form has been released for UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam (IFS) 2018. The candidates have to fill the application form online who have cleared the prelims. The application form will be online on UPSC’s official website. The forms were released by UPSC on the official website. The candidates have to fill the application form in the prescribed format with the requisite amount of fee.
Apply Online: Click here to fill the DAF of IFS exam.
Instruction for filling DAF
- Click on the above link. That will redirect to the login page on UPSC.
- Firstly the candidates have to register themselves by providing their roll number, name, mobile number, date of birth etc.
- After registering candidates have to do a fresh login.
- Thereafter candidates have to fill the detailed application page.
The admit card for UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam is also called e-Admit Card. The candidates who will submit their applications form in the prescribed format and with the right amount of will able to download the admit card for the main exam. The e-Admit Card will be available online at UPSC website. The e-Admit Card will not be sent to the candidates by post. The candidates will have to download the admit card from the UPSC’s or from the “Admit Card” page.
Nationality: The candidate must be the holder of Indian Citizenship or a subject of Nepal a subject of Nepal, or a subject of Bhutan, or a Tibetan who came over India with an intention of permanently living before January 01, 1962.
Or A person with whose origin is Indian but has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Age limit: The candidate should be between 21 to 32 years on August 01, 2018. The candidates are not eligible who born after August 01, 1997, and who born before August 02, 1986.
Age Relaxation: There is a provision of relaxation as per the category of the candidate. The age relaxation is given below.
- The age relaxation for SC / ST Category candidate is up to a maximum of five years.
- The age relaxation for OBC Category candidate is up to a maximum of three years.
- The age relaxation for Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs Candidates is up to a maximum of five years.
- The age relaxation is up to a maximum of three years, for the candidates who are personnel disabled while serving as Defence Services in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence.
- The age relaxation for the candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from January 01, 1980 to December 31, 1989, is up to a maximum of five years.
- The age relaxation is up to a maximum of 10 years in the case of a candidate fall in any of these categories in –
(a) Low Vision
(b) Hearing Impaired (Partially deaf) and
(c) Locomotor disability (sub-category: Leprosy cured and Acid attack)
The candidates who are applying for Indian Forest services must possess the Bachelor’s Degree in any of these subjects
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture
- Forestry or in Engineering
From any reputed University or any other Institute.
Number of Attempts allowed for Application
The candidate who is eligible for the designation but have not counted the no of attempts if he/she had made in past, so please count it and tally with the list. The candidates are permitted to attempt the exam for limited no of times.
- Generally, a candidate is permitted to attempt 06 times this exam.
- The candidates belonging to OBC category will get Additional three years and hence they can attempt the exam 09 times.
- Further, the candidate belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe can attempt for the exam any no of time.
- The General category candidate who falls under Person with Benchmark disability will get 09 attempts.
The candidate must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Indian Forest Service Examination, 2018 as per regulations set by the authority.
The center for the examination and examination dates could be changed by the UPSC, UPSC is liable to make any change in the whole recruitment process. The centers for the examination will be allocated t the candidates according to “first-come-first-serve” basis.
- Agartala, Agra, Ajmer, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Aligarh, Allahabad, Anantapur, Aurangabad,
- Bengaluru, Bareilly, Bhopal, Bilaspur
- Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Cuttack,
- Delhi, Dharwar, Dispur, Dehradun
- Gaya, Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, Gorakhpur, Gwalior, Gangtok, Gautam Buddh Nagar
- Imphal, Itanagar, Indore
- Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, Jorhat
- Kochi, Kohima, Kolkatta, Kozhikode(Calicut)
- Lucknow, Ludhiana
- Madurai, Mumbai, Mysuru
- Navi Mumbai, Nagpur
- Panaji (Goa), Patna, Portblair, Puducherry, Pune
- Raipur, Rajkot, Ranchi
- Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Siliguri, Srinagar
- Thane, Thiruvananthapuram, Tiruchirapalli, Tirupati
- Varanasi, Vellore, Vijayawada, Vishakhapatnam
The examination pattern is most important for the point of Exam. The candidates applying for Indian Forest Service exam have to sit for the Combined Preliminary examination of Civil Services. After qualifying this exam the candidates will be allowed to sit for the second stage of the exam i. e. Main (Written Examination).
Civil services Preliminary examination: will be objective type and be qualifying in nature. The candidates need to qualify the exam for attempting the next stage. The exam consists consist of two papers of Objective type (multiple choice questions).
- Paper-1 General Studies (The marks of this Paper-1 is counted to get selected for the Mains exams).
- Paper-2 C-SAT Civil Services Aptitude test (The candidate is required only to qualify in this paper by scoring 33% of the marks).
Main examination: The main examination will be written the examination and will consist of six papers. The paper I will be of General English will carry 300 Marks & Paper II will be of General Knowledge and carries 300 Marks, and Paper III will be combined Any two subjects to be 200 marks.
Personality Test: The who candidate clears the Main Examination will be invited to the Personality Test, Which is an interview exam The candidate would be tested there according to their knowledge. The object of the Interview is to assess the personal suitability of the candidate for the Service.
The paper will be in English language answers should be in the English language. There is the provision of negative marking. For detail information about the paper click on “Exam Pattern” page from the quick link section.
The answer key for the Indian Forest exam 2018 will be published on the official website of Union Public Commision. The candidate who will attempt the examination should note that the Pre-examination will be Combined Examination of the Civil Services and IFS and the candidates have to attempt the Civil services Preliminary examination. So the answer key could be published by the Civil services name. The candidate should also note that answer key for only preliminary examination will release, The written examination will consist of 6 papers of conventional essay type. So the answer key will be available on this page as well when UPSC will release the Answer Key.
UPSC announces the online application for Indian Forest Services. The result of IFS 2018 will be announced online after the successful completion of the exam. The UPSC IFS 2018 Results will be announced on official website. Candidates who will appear in the examination conducted by the UPSC can check the results online. The Candidates who will clear the preliminary stage will be called for further IFS(Mains) examination. After qualifying for preliminary exam Candidate need to fill the application form again for IFS mains exam which will be made available on official website. The result of the Preliminary examination, Main Examination and For the Final Personality Test will be made available by the UPSC on time. Candidates can check the results from the official website or direct link to download the same will be updated soon on the “Result Page”.
For more information about UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam (IFS) 2018 Download Notification.
Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in