UPSC Recruitment 2020: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the official notification for Scientist B group and other posts. Eligible candidates are invited to send their application for Scientist – ‘B’ online. Candidates have to visit the official website upsc.gov.in to get recent updates related to UPSC recruitment 2020. The posts advertised are Scientist – ‘B’ (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Geo- Physics), Junior Scientific Officer, and Regional Home Economist. This year, UPSC has released a total of 41 vacancies for these posts. Get here complete details related to UPSC recruitment 2020 including application procedure, eligibility, vacancies, and other information from this page.
UPSC Recruitment 2020
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is carrying out UPSC recruitment as per the following schedule. Note down the important dates related to UPSC recruitment 2020 from the table provided below:
|UPSC Recruitment 2020||Important Dates|
|Last date for the submission of application form||12 Mar 2020|
|Interview Date||To be announced|
UPSC Recruitment 2020 Notification
UPSC has released the official notification for the various posts under UPSC recruitment. Candidates can get the PDF by clicking on the image provided below:
UPSC Recruitment 2020 Vacancies
Check the number of vacancies for each post advertised below:
|UPSC Recruitment 2020||Vacancies|
|Junior Scientific Officer||02|
|Regional Home Economist||01|
|Scientist ‘B’ (Civil Engineering), Central Soil and Materials Research Station||07|
|Scientist ‘B’ (Civil Engineering), Central Water and Power Research Station||24|
|Scientist ‘B’ (Electrical Engineering), Central Water and Power Research Station||02|
|Scientist ‘B’ (Environmental Engineering), Central Water and Power Research Station||02|
|Scientist ‘B’ (Mechanical Engineering), Central Water and Power Research Station||02|
|Scientist ‘B’ (Geo Physics), Central Soil and Material Research Station||01|
UPSC Recruitment 2020 Application Form
Candidates to submit their applications for UPSC Scientist- B Recruitment by visiting the official website upsconline.nic.in. Follow the steps provided below to fill the UPSC recruitment application form.
Click here to apply for UPSC recruitment 2020 Scientist – B and other posts.
1st step: Visit the official website of UPSC, upsc.gov.in or upsconline.nic.in.
2nd step: Click on ‘apply online’ link.
3rd step: A new page is displayed on the screen. Candidates have to click on the ‘Online Recruitment Application (ORA) for various recruitment posts’ link.
4th step: Under the section 04/2020, click on application link against the post candidate wish to apply for.
5th step: Read the important instructions provided and click on ‘next/proceed’.
6th step: An important note is displayed on the screen. Read the instructions and click on ‘next/proceed’. Check the declaration box and click on the ‘proceed’ button.
7th step: Click on ‘new registration’ if candidates have not registered earlier.
8th step: Fill the registration form and click on ‘save and continue’ button.
9th step: Submit the details by clicking on the ‘submit’ button. Soon after, candidates receive their registration ID.
10th step: Login again using the registration ID and password.
11th step: Now, fill the application form and upload the required documents.
12th step: Pay the application fee for UPSC Recruitment and submit the application form.
- Candidates have to pay Rs. 25 as application fee for UPSC recruitment 2020.
- They can pay the application fee through any branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking facility. Candidates can also pay the application fee through visa/ master credit/debit card.
- SC/ST/PH/Women candidates are exempted from fee submission.
- No fee exemption is provided to General, OBC and EWS candidates.
UPSC Recruitment 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before starting with the eligibility criteria, candidates are advised to go through the educational qualification required for each post.
For Junior Scientific Officer
- M. Sc in Microbiology
- M.Sc in Botany with specialization in plant pathology or microbiology or mycology
- M. Sc in Agriculture with specialization in Agriculture Chemistry or Agronomy or Horticulture or Microbiology or Plant Pathology or Soil Science or Agricultural Extension
Regional Home Economist
- Candidates having Master’s degree in Agriculture or Sociology or Agricultural Extension or Home Science
- Bachelor of Science (Agriculture) with a Master of Business administration.
Scientist ‘B’ (Civil Engineering)/ (Environmental Engineering) / (Electrical Engineering) / (Geo-Physics)/ (Mechanical Engineering)
- Bachelor’s degree in the required stream.
UPSC Recruitment 2020 Selection Procedure
Based on the information provided by the candidates in their application form, candidates are called for the interview round by SSC. Read more about the selection procedures for UPSC recruitment 2020 for advt. no. 04/2020 below:
- Those candidates who are shortlisted for the interview round have to send self-attested copies of documents and relevant certificates.
- Ensure the details entered in the application form are correct and true. In case, any information is found incorrect or false, candidates are banned from taking further examinations.
Documents required for UPSC Recruitment 2020
For the verification round, candidates have to carry the following documents with them. Also, take a print out of the application form and original documents along with their self attested copies. It is mandatory to carry these documents failing to which leads to cancellation of candidature.
- 10th certificate indicating the date of birth of the candidate.
- Degree or diploma along with the mark sheet of academic qualification
- Experience certificate
- Caste certificate
- Declaration in the prescribed format for those seeking reservation as OBC
- Physically handicapped certificate
- Candidate who claims change in name after 10 on marriage or divorce or remarriage, etc also have to carry husband’s passport or self-attested copy of marriage certificate.
- Certificate for age relaxation for ex-servicemen, current employees, and that seeking reservation under a special provision.
- Certificate in respect of a claim for language, publications, professional registration, NET, GATE, conference, internship.
- Documentary proof for any other claim.
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the examination for All India Service and Group A and Group B of Central Services. UPSC was formed on October 01, 1926; around 93 years ago. Arvind Saxena serves as the Commission executive (Chairman) of UPSC. The commission works under the Government of India and helps them in matters related to appointment, transfers and promotion. UPSC holds the responsibility to conduct the examination for civil services, CDS, and other important examination on national level. Union Public Service Commission has its headquarters in Dholpur, New Delhi, India.
Official website: upsc.gov.in
For more information related to UPSC recruitment 2020, download notification.