UPSC Topper Interviews – UPSC has been one of the most sought after exams in India and clearing it is definitely not an easy task. Students have spent most of their quality time and dropped many of the leisure just to clear this one exam. Removing the deficiencies, getting out of the comfort zone, having an honest and sincere approach and on the top of it, being courageous and determined are all the factors required for UPSC preparation. Thus, you must always be in a lookout for the right information by the right people. Therefore, on this page, candidates can check the UPSC Topper interviews and their preparation strategy.
UPSC Topper Interviews
Clearing UPSC is not just hardwork. Instead, it is more of how smart you are. How can you drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it? What do you think is the answer to this question? The answer is available at the end of this page. This question mostly explains how it’s not just the hardworking brains but the smarter ones that qualify in UPSC, make it to the training and later get a reputable posting. Knowing the toppers more closely will help you through the UPSC preparation; therefore, go ahead and jot down what could be beneficial for your preparation.
UPSC Success Stories, Preparation Tips
UPSC aspirants love following the toppers of UPSC examination and therefore let’s have an insight into the success stories and the preparation strategies of UPSC Toppers.
Top 10 Topper of UPSC 2018
- Kanisk Kataria
- Akshat Jain
- Junaid Ahmed
- Shreyansh Kumat
- Shrushti Jayant Deshmukh
- Shubham Gupta
- Karanti Varunreddy
- Vaishali Singh
- Gunjan Dwivedi
- Tanmay Vasisth Sharma
Kanishk Kataria (AIR-1) UPSC-2018 – Preparation Strategy
On April 05, 2019, UPSC declared the results and Kanishk Katariya was found as the topper of UPSC exam. Kanishk had left his high-paying job in foreign to prepare for UPSC examination! Kanishk has some great advice to share with the UPSC Aspirants:
- Smart work is required for clearing UPSC exam
- Be self-aware of your weaknesses and strengths
- Find internal motivation
- Know why you want to do UPSC.
- Start reading newspapers as soon as possible.
Akshat Jain (AIR-2) UPSC-2018 – Preparation Strategy
Akshat Jain, son of both Civil Servants secured rank 2 in UPSC 2018 examination. Here are a few tips which Akshat has shared for UPSC preparation.
- Have the quality time for preparation.
- Focus on your optional subject
- Chalk out what you have to do for the day and make sure that you get it done.
- To deal with the loneliness one may feel during the UPSC preparation, Akshat suggests taking adequate breaks in between the studies and spending quality time with friends or family.
Junaid Ahmad (AIR-3) UPSC-2018 – Preparation Strategy
Junaid secured the third rank in the UPSC examination in his 5th attempt. Junaid believes that Hardwork is the key to success. In addition to this, Junaid has also shared some of his personal preparation tips for the UPSC aspirants:
- Look at your failures in such a way that they inspire you every day.
- Understand what you have to study and what you can leave.
- Have a clear passion for the services and leave rest to the hardwork.
Shreyans Kumat (AIR-4) UPSC-2018 – Preparation Strategy
Forth in the list of the UPSC toppers is Shreyans Kumat. Shreyans completed Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay. Have a look at some of his invigorating tips on preparation for UPSC exam and also for the interview! –
- To write a better essay, students must divide the essay into clear segments. Ensure that the essay flows in a logical manner and read a lot.
- When you are preparing for the interview, make sure that you do in-depth research on the states our details mentioned in the form.
- Speak in front of people or mirror to gain confidence.
- Have an opinion about everything that is going on in the country. Be confident about your answers.
Srushti Jayant Deshmukh (AIR-5) UPSC-2018 – Preparation Strategy
Next in the list of the UPSC toppers is Srushti Jayant Deshmukh. Among the rest of the female candidates, Srushti is on the top of all of them. She hails from Bhopal and is a Chemical Engineer. Crediting his success to her parents; Srushti shares some of her preparation tips:
- Prepare yourself mentally for the examination
- Stay motivated and dream big
- Be organized when it comes to gathering material for UPSC preparation.
- Have the right selection for books and papers
- Practice through previous year question papers
- Practice answer writing to get the standard of the question papers.
- Join test series
- Make self notes from Editorials, Articles and don’t forget revising.
What to avoid during UPSC Preparation
- Choosing Wrong optional subject
- Not taking NCERT seriously
- Being Nervous or being overconfident
- Not preparing for the interview
- Lack of time management
- Not knowing what to grab and what to leave
- Not Checking previous year question papers
- Making a library at home
- Reading the complete newspaper
- Lack of group studies
You can’t. Concrete floors are very hard to crack!
UPSC IES Topper Interviews
- Palash Pagaria, ESE (IES) Rank 1 Shares His Success Story
- Dhananjay Singh, UPSC IES Rank 12, is an inspiration to UPSC aspirants
- How did UPSC IES AIR 17 Utkarsh Agarwal Prepare while pursuing M.Tech in IIT Delhi?
- UPSC IES Topper (AIR 18) Nishek Jain Shares His Success Mantra
Are you also preparing for UPSC Engineering Service Exam (ESE / IES)? Have questions in mind? Clear your doubts from UPSC Toppers. Post your queries in comments below.