Water Resource Power and Infrastructure Sector Limited (WAPCOS) is a Mini-Ratna-I Public Sector Undertaking. The company is a Globally known Leader in Consultancy and Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) providing Integrated and Customised Solutions for Sustainable Development of Water, Power and Infrastructure Projects. WAPCOS works under the Union Ministry of Water Resource, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation, Government of India. It has a leading multi-disciplinary project team comprising of its own core group of professionals and specialists from various organisations of Govt. of India. It facilitates consultancy services in all facets of Power and Infrastructure and Water Resources sectors in India and Abroad as well.
Why choose WAPCOS
- Company offers Global Experience
- Company is recognised as a Pool of in-house talent- they have people from all course of expertise who have been serving the nation since 1969.
Job prospects with WAPCOS
- Engineer Trainee (Electronics & Communication, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Electrical & Electronics Engineering) (Technical cadre)
- Maintaining Data Bank
- Experts in Technical/Non Technical
Services where you can seek recruitment
WAPCOS consultancy services are mainly directed towards 3 major areas of Water Resources, Power and Infrastructure. It’s range of consultancy services covers a wide range of activities which are as follows:-
- Preliminary Investigations/ Reconnaissance
- Feasibility Studies/ Planning/ Project Formulation
- Baseline and Socio-Economics Surveys
- Field Surveys and Investigations and Testing
- Ghat Development
- Engineering Designs, Drawings and Tendering Process
- Project Management and Construction Supervision
- Operation and Maintenance
- Institutional/ Human Resources Development
- Agriculture (including crop improvement, research stations, supply of tractors and farm equipment)
- Information Technology or Telecom infrastructure (IT Parks/Centres, Microwave Links, V-SAT Terminals, optical fibre networks)
- Civil construction (including housing, hospitals etc.)
- Fisheries (including pisciculture, cold storage)
- Irrigation (including micro/drip irrigation, canals etc.)
- Power Generation (thermal, hydro)
- Power transmission and distribution, including rural electrification
- Industrial projects (sugar, cement, food processing, textile, automotive etc.)
- Renewable energy (including solar, wind, bio-gas)
- Roads and highways
- Water and sanitation (including desalination, water treatment and purification, storage and distribution)
- Services such as software development.
Current major project(s) being taken up by WAPCOS
- Assist in Supply and installation of Plasma Ignition & Combustion Stabilizing System
- Opening date- 05 September 2017
- Closing date- 15 September 2017
- About the project- WAPCOS LTD intends to bid for design, supply and execution of Plasma Ignition and Combustion Stabilising System for Hwange Thermal Power Station (920MW), Zimbabwe. Accordingly WAPCOS LTD is interested to select an associate of WAPCOS for the above work
- Time expected to complete the work- 24 months
|AIMS ATMA 2018 Exam||Register to get Top MBA College|
|Times Group Bennett University||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
A candidate can directly apply to the company for recruitment suiting their profile. The ame can be done by responding to the company’s advertisement within a prescribed period of time. The aspirant must send their cv to the company only if they are eligible and if they possess relevant experience. For experience, due weightage is given. Management reserves the right to fix the qualifying criteria which cannot be questioned. The company may held Skill test and Interview rounds. There might be provision for age relaxation.
Other than that, applications must be complete in all respects. Merely applying for the position, submitting the application forms against the advertisement and apparently fulfilling the criteria as prescribed in the advertisement does not guarantee any candidate the right to be definitely called for skill test/interview/considered further for engagement. CV has to be submitted in the prescribed format. The pdf file for CV format can be downloaded from the website wapcos.gov.in/careers.