West Bengal Lady Constable 2018 Recruitment Application Form has been released by West Bengal Police Recruitment Board. Application Form for recruitment to the post of Lady Constable started form January 03, 2018. Applications may be submitted either in online mode or in Offline mode. Interested candidates must satisfy themselves of her/his eligibility. Application form must be filled on or before February 01, 2018. To apply, you can reach the website of West Bengal Police at policewb.gov.in.
West Bengal Police Lady Constable Application Form 2018
Applications are invited from eligible Indian citizens having following eligibility criteria for recruitment to the post of Lady Constables in West Bengal Police. NVF, Home Guard personnel and Civic Volunteers serving in West Bengal Police only are also eligible to apply subject to fulfilment of eligibility criteria.
|Application Form starts from||03 Jan 2018|
|Application Form ends on ( Online)||01 Feb 2018|
|The last date of receipt of filled in Application Form
through postal services (for Offline)
|01 Feb 2018|
|last date of deposit of Application Fees||05 Feb 2018|
Official website: www.policewb.gov.in.
Application Forms may be submitted through on-line or off-line modes during the period from January 03, 2018 to February 01, 2018 (5 PM). The last date of receipt of filled in Application Form through postal services (for off-line applicants) is February 01, 2018 (5 PM). The last date of deposit of Application Fees and/or Processing Fees in respect of applicants applying through on-line using United Bank of India Challan will be February 05, 2018 during banking hours due to technical reasons.
The following Application fees and/or Processing fees have been fixed
|Category||Application Fee||Processing Fee||Total Amount Payable|
|All categories except
Tribe (of West Bengal only)
|Rs. 150 /-||Rs. 20 /-||RS. 170 /-|
|Scheduled Caste||Nil||Rs. 20 /-||Rs. 20 /-|
|Scheduled Tribe||Nil||Rs. 20 /-||Rs. 20 /-|
- No exemption of fees is available to the SC/ST candidates of OTHER States.
- No claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be reserved for any other examination under any circumstances whatsoever.
- Applications not accompanied with the requisite application fees and/or processing fees shall be rejected summarily.
How to apply
- Visit the official website of West Bengal Police.
- Click on the West Bengal Police Lady Constable Application Form 2018 link.
- In the Application Form page, enter the asked details correct and carefully.
- Pay the Application Form Fee.
- Submit the application form.
- Download and take print out of filled application form for future references.
On-line submission: Applicants will be able to submit application using the website policewb.gov.in by filling up their information including scanned photograph and signature. Applicants are advised to follow the procedure properly for applying through on-line mode. Payment of Application Fees and/or Processing Fees can be made on-line through payment gateway by using Debit Cards/Credit Cards/Net-Banking of any Bank. Fees can be paid through different e-wallets also. An amount of Rs. 5/- (Rupees five) only will be charged by the agency concerned as “Service Charge” for availing Debit Cards/Credit Cards/Net Banking/e-wallet facility.
Offline submission: The off-line application form must be downloaded using the website policewb.gov.in through any available Cyber Café or Personal Computer with internet connectivity. Before downloading the application form, the applicant has to click for the post she wishes to apply for. After filling up the mandatory fields, the applicant has to click on “Save and Download” button. She will automatically get the Application Form with the fields already entered in a pre-printed manner and with the Unique Application Sl. No. having 08 digits. The Application Form will also have a bar code printed and an algorithm generated code printed at the bottom of the Form. The applicants are advised to note down the Unique Application Serial No. for all future communication with the Board, if any.
On-line applicants are required to upload scanned copy of their recent passport size photograph (preferably coloured) and full signature in jpg format covering the entire space provided for the same. The size of photograph file and signature file must be between 10 kb – 50 kb and 5 kb – 20 kb respectively. The image dimension for Photograph and signature should be 138 px w x 177 px h (4.5 cm height x 3.5 cm width) and 350 px w x 63 px h (1.7 cm height x 9.2 cm width) respectively. Photograph must be on white background with 75-80% of the photo occupying the applicant’s face. Candidates are advised not to upload images of other objects in place of photograph and signature. On successful submission of the application, the applicants shall be provided with the copy of Application Form with her photograph, signature and unique Application Serial No. by the system. Candidates are advised to preserve it safely and mention the Application Sl. No. for all future communications, if required, with the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board. Request for change/correction in the Application Form SHALL NOT be entertained under any circumstances after final submission. The West Bengal Police Recruitment Board will not be responsible for any consequences arising out of non-acceptance of any correction/addition/deletion in any particular field in application form whatever the reasons may be.
Educational Qualifications: The applicant must have passed Madhyamik Examination from the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent.
Language: The applicant must be able to speak, read and write the Bengali Language. However, this provision will not be applicable to the persons who are permanent residents of hill sub-divisions of Darjeeling and Kalimpong Districts.
Age Limit: The applicant must not be less than 18 (Eighteen) years old and must not be more than 27 (Twenty Seven) years old as on January 01, 2018. The upper age limit shall be relaxed by 05 (Five) years for the candidates belonging to the categories of Scheduled Castes (SC) & Scheduled Tribes (ST) and by 03 (Three) years for the candidates belonging to the category of Other Backward Classes (OBC). The NVF and Home Guard personnel serving in West Bengal Police are also eligible for relaxation of upper age limit as per existing Government order.
Note: NVF, Home Guard personnel and Civic Volunteers serving in West Bengal Police should complete 03 (Three) years of service as on January 01, 2018.
Minimum Physical Standards
|Category||Height (Barefoot) (in cm.)||Weight (in kg.)|
|Candidates of all categories (except
Gorkhas, Garhwalies, Rajbanshis and Scheduled Tribes)
|Gorkhas, Garhwalies, Rajbanshis and Scheduled Tribes||152||45|
- Defective/incomplete applications will be summarily rejected.
- Each candidate should submit ONE application form only. Candidature of those who submit more than one application form will be rejected summarily and the amount of application fees and/or processing fees forfeited.
- Admission to the examination will be purely provisional subject to verification of eligibility at a later stage. Therefore, candidature of any candidate shall be rejected straightway if found not eligible at any stage, even after appearance in the tests /examinations.
- All entries except religion field in the Application Form are compulsory. Application submitted keeping any of the columns blank would lead to summary rejection without any intimation to the applicant.
- In case of on-line applicants no Admit Card will be issued through the Postal Department before the Preliminary Written Test and subsequent stages, if selected for the next stage, candidates have to download the e-Admit Cards from the website.
- The filled up offline application form may be sent only by post addressed to the Chairman, West Bengal Police Recruitment Board, Araksha Bhaban (5th Floor), Block– DJ, Sector – II, Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700 091 superscribing on the envelop NAME OF THE RECRUITMENT, NAME OF THE POST applied for and APPLICATION SL. NO. The same should reach this office positively within the last date and time of submission of application.
- Applicants shall retain a photocopy of their filled-in application form after all the formalities have been completed.
- Off-line applicants are advised to use envelopes of size 32 cm x 22 cm while mailing the form to the Board. Larger envelopes may lead to obliteration of the form by way of folding etc.
- There will be no provision for submission of application forms directly by hand at the office of the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board.
- Applicants shall not submit any documents along with application. Only short listed candidates shall have to produce all relevant supporting documents, in original, for verification at the time of the PMT/PET or before the Interview.
- In case of any difficulties in downloading the off-line application form or in submitting the on-line application form the prospective applicants are advised to communicate either through telephone telephone (Contact No. 8013033300 & 8013033322) during office hours (10 AM to 05:30 PM) from Monday to Friday and 10:00 AM to 02:00 PM on Saturdays (except Govt. Holidays) or through e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).