WB SET Exam Pattern 2021- The WBCSC has issued the WB SET 2021 Exam Pattern (West Bengal College Service Commission). The West Bengal State Eligibility Test evaluates candidates’ eligibility for the position of Assistant Professor in the state of Bengal. On the same day, the exam will be held in two separate sessions. WB SET candidates are urged to read the article thoroughly for more important details such as the dates, schedule of examination, mode of examination, exam pattern, marking scheme, and provisions for disabled candidates.
WB SET Exam Pattern 2021
Candidates must be aware of the WB SET exam pattern in order to prepare appropriately. The following is the WB SET Exam 2021 pattern:
WB SET Exam Pattern 1–
- Paper I Paper I comprises 50 objective type questions, all of which are mandatory and carry 2 marks.
- Paper I has a total of 100 marks.
- The paper lasts one hour.
- The questions will be of a general nature, with the goal of assessing the candidate’s teaching and research abilities.
- The questions will be designed to assess the candidate’s reasoning abilities, understanding, divergent thinking, and general awareness.
WB SET Exam Pattern 2 –
- Paper II Paper-II comprises 100 objective type questions, all of which are mandatory and carry two marks.
- Paper II has a total of 200 marks.
- The paper lasts two hours.
- The questions will be meant to assess one’s knowledge of the subjects chosen. This section differs for each of the 30 disciplines.
WB SET 2021 Exam pattern
|Session||Paper||Marks||Number of questions||Duration|
Recommended: WB SET Books
WB SET Syllabus 2021
The West Bengal College Service Commission, Kolkata, has issued the WB SET 2021 Syllabus. The West Bengal State Eligibility Test is a state-level entrance exam held once a year for West Bengal residents interested in becoming Assistant Professors. It is an offline exam designed to assess applicants’ basic reasoning and teaching aptitude. Candidates who like to pursue a career as a Professor should read the article below to learn about the WB SET syllabus 2021. Mentioned below are the subjects that are included in both paper 1 and 2.
- Chemical Science
- Computer Science and Application
- Earth, Atmosphere, Ocean and planetary Sciences
- Electronic Science
- Home Science
- Library and information science
- Life sciences
- Physical Education
- Physical Science
- Mass communication
- Mathematics sciences
- Political science
Read more: WB SET Previous Year Paper
About WB SET
The West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC) administers the WB SET, or West Bengal State Eligibility Test, for the recruitment of Assistant Professors in West Bengal’s universities and colleges. WBCSC administers the exam for 30 subjects, each with two papers. Candidates must obtain a particular percentage of marks to be considered for assistant professor positions.
Ans: The WB SET exam comprises of two papers: Paper I (100 marks, 50 questions, and one hour) and Paper II (100 marks, 50 questions, and one hour) (200 marks, 100 questions and 2 hours)
Ans: No, there is no negative marking for the WB SET Exam.
Ans: Teaching Aptitude, Research Aptitude, Comprehension, Communication, Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), People, Development and Environment, Higher Education System comprise Paper I.