WB SET Preparation 2021 – West Bengal State Eligibility Test (WB SET) is an annual statewide exam held by the West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC). West Bengal SET is a competitive exam conducted to recruit eligible candidates for the post of assistant professor with the state of West Bengal. Candidates should read the entire article to get to know the syllabus, pattern and eligibility criteria for the exam. Candidates can also find subject wise tips and tricks which will help the candidate in their preparation for WB SET 2021.
WB SET Preparation 2021
It is necessary to analyse the WB SET exam syllabus and exam pattern to get to know the difficulty level and mark distribution of the individual subjects. This will help the candidate in formulating an effective strategy for preparation. Candidates should put aside the required time of the day towards Preparation and be productive during it, this would increase their efficiency and time management skills.
WB SET Syllabus 2021
Given below is a brief overview of the subjects on which the WB SET syllabus is based.
- Political Science
- Chemical Sciences
- Life sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Library and Information Science
- Physical Education
- Electronic science
- Computer science
- Home science
- Mass communication and journalism
- Earth science
- Environmental sciences
WB SET Exam Pattern 2021
WB SET will be conducted in two stages – Paper I and Paper. Both Paper I and Paper II will be OMR based and in MCQ format. Candidates can find the detailed WB SET exam pattern in this section.
- Mode of examination: Offline
- Duration of the exam: 1 hour for Paper I and 2 hours for Paper II
- Type of exam: MCQ format
- Total number of questions: 50 for Paper I and 100 for Paper II
- Total marks: 100 marks for Paper I and 200 marks for Paper II
- Marking system: 2 marks for every right answer and no negative marking (for both Paper I and Paper II)
|Paper||No. Of Questions||Marks|
WB SET Exam – Preparation Tips & Tricks
WB SET is a competitive examination to qualify in it, the candidate must be well aware of the exam pattern and syllabus. These will aid the candidate in understanding the . Paper I will be a test of general nature and Paper II will be a test on the extent of the candidate’s knowledge of the subject chosen by them.
- To excel in Paper I candidates must prepare on the various topics of general awareness and general knowledge category.
- For Paper II, candidates could use their textbooks and study materials from their graduation/post graduation for concepts
- The sure shot way to ace both papers of WB SET examination is by practising solving the previous year question papers of the same.
- Candidates should also attend several timed mock tests to improve their speed. This also helps with finding where the candidate is lacking
WB SET Exam Preparation Books
- General knowledge by Lucent
- General knowledge – Arihant
- Quantitative aptitude – R. S. Aggarwal
- Logical reasoning and data interpretation for CAT – N. K. Sinha
- A modern approach for logical reasoning – R. S. Aggarwal
- Objective general English – S. P. Bakshi
- NTA UGC NET/SET/JRF – Paper 1: Teaching and Research Aptitude by Pearson.
- Trueman’s UGC NET/SET General Paper I – Teaching & Research Aptitude 2020 Edition.
Recommended: WB SET Preparation Book List
About WB SET Examination
WB SET Exam or West Bengal State Eligibility is a state level examination held every year by the West Bengal College Service Commission or WBCSC. This examination is conducted every year to recruit assistant professors to colleges within the state of West Bengal. For candidates to be considered eligible for the post of Assistant Professor within the state of West Bengal, the candidate must have appeared in both the papers of WB SET examination. And should subsequently have secured at least 40% marks (aggregate of both papers) for General (Unreserved) or General-EWS category and at least 35% marks (aggregate of both papers) for reserved categories – SC, ST, OBC NCL, PWD and Transgender.
Depends on the intensity of the candidate’s preparation. A state eligibility test is of a higher difficulty level in general. To assess the state of preparation, it is advised to attempt mock tests.
There are dedicated YouTube channels and online learning platforms which will help the candidate in preparing for WB SET examination. They can also refer to previous year question papers of the exam.
No, both Papers of WB SET examination are offline, OMR based and of MCQ format.