West Bengal Health Recruitment Board (WBHRB) has announced recruitment for the post of Librarian and Block Medical Officer. In all, there are 279 vacancies and out of these 216 are for the Block Medical Officer, whereas, 63 are for the post of Librarian. The interested candidates may check the eligibility and then apply for the WBHRB Recruitment 2017. The last date to apply is September 11, 2017. However, the deadline for the submission of the application form will lapse on September 20, 2017. Candidates may check pay scale, eligibility, crucial dates, application process, and more details about WBHRB Recruitment 2017 from this page.
WBHRB Recruitment 2017
The selection procedure for the recruitment has not been announced so far. The WBHRB will announce it soon on the official website, which is wbhrb.eadmissions.net. However, the Board has revealed that the vacancies will either be filled on the basis of the written examination or interview round or both.
Pay Scale Under WBHRB Recruitment 2017
The candidates may check the pay scale for both the post from below:
- Pay scale for Block Medical Officer Post: Rs. 15600 – Rs. 42000 (PB 4A, Grade Pay – Rs. 5400), NP and other also applicable as per the Government norms.
- Pay scale for Librarian Post (Bachelor’s Degree): Rs. 7100 – Rs. 37600 (Pay in Band of Rs. 8370; Grade Pay Rs. 3600)
- Pay Scale for Librarian Post (Master’s Degree): Rs. 7100 – Rs. 37600 (Pay in Band of Rs. 8650; Grade Pay Rs. 4100)
WBHRB Recruitment 2017 Important Dates
The crucial dates for the recruitment of Librarian and Block Medical Officer are mentioned in the table below:
|Application form is available from||September 01 to 11, 2017|
|The payment of application fee can be done from||September 02 to 18, 2017|
|The last date of full submission of the application form is||September 20, 2017|
How to Apply for WBHRB Recruitment 2017
The candidates will be able to apply for both the post online, from the wbhrb.eadmissions.net. The link to apply has also been provided below.
To apply, the candidates first need to click on the link provided above and then click on “Apply Online” button. Then, the candidates will be required to complete the following steps.
Registration – To register, the candidates will have to submit the following details:
- Name, Discipline, Category, Domicile State, Physically Challenged, Government Employee, Medical Council (only for B), Medical Council Registration Number (only for B) Whether Write and Speak in Bengali/Nepali, Mobile Number, Email ID, Date of Birth, and Security Code.
Form Filling: After the registration, the application form of WBHRB Recruitment 2017 will be displayed. In it, the candidates will have to submit the details related to themselves, the education qualification, and more.
Fee Payment – Next, the candidates will have to submit the application fee. The specifications to submit the online fee are as below:
- The amount of application fee is Rs. 210
- Payment can only be done via e-challan, generated after the filing of the application form.
- The fee can be submitted in any branch of Banks participating in GRIPS
- When the fee is paid, the candidates need to login and enter the challan details to confirm the payment.
Final Submit: Once, the registration is done the candidates will receive Login ID/Application Number and Password. These will be required in future, hence, the candidates must keep it safe.
Eligibility Criteria for WBHRB Recruitment 2017
The criteria for eligibility for the recruitment of Block Medical Officer and Librarian is mentioned below. It is a must to fulfill these criteria, else, the candidate will not be able to apply.
Eligibility Criteria for Librarian
Education Qualification: The candidates withholding Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree may apply. However, they must have secured Diploma in Library Science from a recognized Institute.
Age: The age of the candidate should be more than 39 years, as on January 01, 2017.
- The SC/ST candidates are eligible for relaxation up to 5 years.
- The same for the BC candidate is 3 years.
- The upper age limit for the candidates under PwD, with more than 40% disability, is 45 years.
Eligibility Criteria for Block Medical Officer
Education Qualification: Candidate must have secured Medical Degree, as per the first or second schedule or Part II of the third schedule.
- Candidates withholding PG Degree/Diploma in Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Management and Hospital Administration will be given preference.
Age: Candidates should not be more than 36 years, as on January 01, 2017.
- Relaxation for SC/ST candidates of West Bengal is of 5 years.
- For BC candidates of West Bengal, the relaxation is of 3 years.
- PwD candidates, having more than 40% disability, may apply until 45 years of age.
Vacancy Under WBHRB Recruitment 2017
The vacancies under WBHRB Librarian and Block Medical Officer are as mentioned below:
|Category||Number of Vacancies for Librarian||Number of Vacancies for Block Medical|
|OBC Category A||19||06|
|OBC Category B||17||04|
Requirement of Particulars and Certificates Under WBHRB Recruitment 2017
The candidates will have to produce the below mentioned documents. However, these are only to be produced by those candidates who will be claiming respective reservation or privileges.
- Caste certificate for the SC/ST/BC candidates.
- Medical certificates, stating more than 40% disability, for the PwD candidates.
- Date of birth proof.
- Domicile certificate.