West Bengal Police Sub Inspector Application Form 2019 – The application form has been released and the candidates can fill the form in online as well as offline mode. The apply online or download the application form candidate need to visit the official website (wbpolice.gov.in). The eligible candidates have to appear for a subsequent stages of tests and examination to be considered for selection. After the preliminary exam, answer key will be released for the same and on the basis of which result will be calculated. For more information on West Bengal Police Sub Inspector Application Form 2019 refer to this page below.
West Bengal Police Sub Inspector Application Form 2019
The total number of vacancies for the post of West Bengal Police Sub Inspector are 668 out of which 494 is for Unarmed branch and 174 is for armed branch. The selection will be done on the basis of the final result. The candidates filling the form offline need to submit the fees through the Department of Post (DOP) or through the United Bank of India (UBI). The complete schedule for West Bengal Police Sub Inspector Application Form 2019 is given below.
|Application Form (Offline/Online)||10 Aug 2019|
|Last date of Application Form (Offline/Online)||09 Sep 2019 (5 PM)|
|Last date of depositing Application Fee using |
United Bank of India Challan (Online Applications)
|12 Sep 2019 (5 PM)|
The application fees has to be paid irrespective of the choice of the mode of application i.e. Online Application or Offline Applications. The application fees and the processing fees need to be paid by the candidates as follows.
Note: No exemption of fees is available to the SC/ST candidates of OTHER States.
Mode of Payment – (Online Application)
- The applicants who have opted for online mode of application can pay the fees through United Bank of India (UBI). Under this system a deposit challan will be generated bearing the Application Sl. No. during on-line submission of application.After obtaining the deposit challan, the applicants will proceed to any of the branches of the UBI located Pan India along with the challan after 01 (One) Banking Day for payment of the Application and/or Processing Fees.
- Alternatively the candidates can pay the application fees through Debit Cards/Credit Cards/Net-Banking/e-Wallet/other App facility.
Mode of Payment – (Offline Application)
- Candidates can deposit Application Fees in favour of “West Bengal Police Recruitment Board“ in any of the Post Offices having e-payment facility. The facility will be available in 388 post offices located in the districts of West Bengal. The applicants are advised to go to the Post Offices with the pre-printed “India Post Challan Form”. The Post Office concerned will give a receipt against deposit of Application Fees which must on pasted at the space provided for affixing the receipt in the application form.
- The applicants who have opted for online mode of application can pay the fees through United Bank of India (UBI). The applicants will have to appear at the bank along with a preprinted challan (in triplicate) which will be provided during downloading of the off-line application form. Applicants should deposit the fees after two banking days after generation of Bank Challan. On production of the challan at the branch counter of UBI, a unique transaction no. will be generated against the payment of Application Fees.
How to Apply – Online?
The candidate have to apply online via the official website (wbpolice.gov.in). The candidates need to register first in order to apply for the West Bengal Police Sub Inspector post. Also scanned photograph and signature need to be uploaded into the website to complete the application process. The candidates can fill the form through Sahaj Mitra Kendras also. The Kendra will collect service charge (including GST) of Rs. 23 (Rupees Twenty Three) extra other than application fees for filling the complete form.
The steps to fill the application form are as follows.
- First of all visit the official website or alternatively click on the link provided above to directly go to the application form.
- In the page you have to register first. For registration click on the tab stating “Sign Up Now”.
- Now in this you need to fill the following details to complete the registration.
- Email Id
- User Name
- The message stating the successful creation of account will be flashed on the screen.
- Next step is to fill the application form by entering the following details.
- Post Applied for
- State of Permanent Residence
- UB / AB preference
- Mother’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Educational Qualification
- Now upload the photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Now make the payment to complete the application process.
For more detailed information on how to apply online Click Here
Specifications for Photograph and Signature
|Size||10 – 50 Kb||5 – 20 Kb|
|Dimension (Width * Height)||138 px X 177 px (3.5 cmX 4.5 cm )||350 px X 63 px (9.2 cm X 1.7 cm)|
How to Apply – Offline?
To apply offline also, the candidate have to visit the official website (wbpolice.gov.in) and download the application form. The downloaded application form need to be sent to complete the registration. The candidates can get the application form through Sahaj Mitra Kendras at a price of Rs 10 per form. The steps to apply offline are as follows.
- First of all visit the website or click on the link provided above.
- The candidate have to fill the following information to download the application form.
- Post applied for
- State of Permanent Address
- Permanent Address District
- UB &/or AB with Preference
- Marital Status
- Name in full
- Mother’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Departmental Employee in WBP
- Date of Birth
- Mobile No.
- Qualification Graduation
- Should be Able to Speak, Read & Write
- E-mail ID
- After filling up the mandatory fields, the applicant has to click on “Save and Download” button. The fields that are filled are automatically pre-printed on the application form. The application form is shown below.
- Now fill the printed application form and past the passport size photograph and at the bottom of it put your signature.
- Now make the payment and paste the received transaction receipt onto the space provided in the application form.
- The candidates are required to send this application form by post to the address mentioned below. The applicants are advised to use envelopes of size 32 cm x 22 cm while mailing the form to the Board. Larger envelopes may lead to obliteration of the form by way of folding etc.
Address: Chairman, West Bengal Police Recruitment Board, Araksha Bhaban, 5th Floor, Block – DJ, Sector – II, Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700 091
Note: The candidates have to write the Name of the Recruitment, Name of the Post and Application Sl. No. superscribing on the envelope.
Sahaj Mitra Kendras
The List of Sahaj Mitra Kendras along with contact number is given below. You can contact the concerned person and get the details about the nearest kendras.
Only the citizen of India are applicable for this post and candidate must possess the minimum physical standard to further proceed with the recruitment process. The complete eligibility criteria is given below.
Educational Qualification: The candidate must be a bachelor’s degree holder in any of the discipline. Also he must be from a recognized university or its equivalent.
Language: The candidate must be able to speak, read and write Bengali Language. However, this provision will not be applicable to the persons who are permanent residents of hill sub-divisions of Darjeeling and Kalimpong Districts. For the applicant of hill sub-divisions of Darjeeling and Kalimpong District, the provisions laid down in the West Bengal Official language Act, 1961 will be applicable.
Age: The candidate age must be less than 20 years and should not be greater than 27 years as on January 01, 2019.
Age Relaxation: Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC and ST and by 3 years for OBC candidates of West Bengal only. Upper age limit is also relaxable upto 35 years for departmental candidates of West Bengal Police only having requisite qualification. The upper age limit shall further be relaxed for the departmental candidates by 5 (five) years in case of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes candidates and by 3 (Three) years in case of Other Backward Classes candidates.
Departmental candidates who have already appeared at the competitive examination for recruitment of SIs/LSIs conducted by PSC and/ or WBPRB on three (3) earlier occasions are not be eligible to apply.
West Bengal Police Sub Inspector Application Form 2019 Admit Card
The admit card will be available after the application process gets over. Candidates will be able to download the admit card from the official website (wbpolice.gov.in). The admit card for each stage i.e preliminary examination, PMT & PET, final Combined Examination and Personality test will be released separately only for the selected candidates. The intimation regarding availability of the admit card will be sent via email, SMS or through newspapers etc.