HPSC HCS 2021: Haryana Public Service Commission has postponed the HPSC HCS 2021 main exam date. The official regarding the same is released at the official website, hpsc.gov.in. The HPSC HCS 2021 Mains exam was earlier scheduled to be conducted on December 03 and 05, 2021 stands postponed. The new main exam date of HPSC HC 2021 will be announced later on the website. Earlier, The recruitment for Haryana Civil Services 2021 was announced to fill up 155 vacant posts of HCS (Executive Branch) and Other Allied Services. The entire selection process consists of the Prelims exam followed by the Main exam and a final personal interview. Read this article to get the complete details of the HPSC HCS 2021 including syllabus, exam pattern, admit card, and more.
Latest: HPSC HCS 2021 Mains Exam Date has been postponed toll further notice. Check details below.
HPSC HCS 2021
Admission to all stages of the HPSC HCS 2021 exam is purely provisional subject to fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria as specified by the Haryana Public Service Commission. Verification of eligibility is however conducted after all stages of exam and the final interview is over. Candidates can check the detailed schedule of events and important dates related to the HPSC HCS 2021 in the table below.
|HPSC HCS 2021||Date|
|Release of notification||26 Feb 2021|
|Start of online application||03 Mar 2021|
|Last date to submit online applications||02 Apr 2021|
|Release of admit card (Prelims)||31 Aug 2021|
|Prelims exam date|
22 Aug 2021
12 Sep 2021
|Declaration of result (Prelims)||24 Sep 2021|
|Release of admit card (Main)||To be announced|
|Main exam date|
To be announced
|Declaration of result (Mains)||To be announced|
|Release of admit card for Interview||To be announced|
|Personal Interview date||To be announced|
|Declaration of final result||To be announced|
HPSC HCS 2021 Updates
HPSC HCS Mains Exam Date 2021 Postponed
The HPSC HCS mains exam has been postponed which was earlier scheduled for December 03 to 05, 2021. News dates will be announced later on the official website. Check official notice below.
Revised HPSC HCS Prelims 2021 Exam Date Out; Exam on 12 September 2021
HPSC HCS 2021 Prelims Dates Announced
The Haryana Public Service Commission has officially released the dates of Preliminary stage examination of the HPSC HCS 2021. The exam is now scheduled to be held on August 22, 2021. Check out excerpts of the official notice here below.
Overview of HPSC HCS 2021
Aspiring candidates can read this article to the end for the complete information of the Haryana Civil Service 2021 exam conducted by the Haryana Public Service Commission. Here is a brief overview of the main aspects of the HPSC HCS 2021 exam for the convenience of readers.
|Exam Name||HPSC HCS 2021|
|Full Name of Exam||Haryana Civil Service (Executive Branch) & Other Allied Services Exam|
|Conducting Body||Haryana Public Service Commission|
|Number of Vacancies||155|
|Selection Process||Preliminary Stage Exam|
Main Stage Exam
|Minimum Eligibility Criteria||Graduate degree|
|Application Fee||Rs 1000/Rs 250|
HPSC HCS 2021 Syllabus
Haryana Public Service Commission releases the syllabus of the HPSC HCS 2021 exam on the official website. Candidates have to refer to the HPSC HCS syllabus and prepare for the Preliminary and Main exam as accordingly. The syllabus includes the indicative topics based on which, the question paper is set for the exam.
The direct link to get the syllabus is provided here below. Candidates can click on the link to check the syllabus and download the detailed syllabus PDF.
Click Here to check HPSC HCS 2021 Syllabus
HPSC HCS 2021 Exam Pattern
The Haryana Public Service Commission has indicated the complete scheme and pattern of each stage of the HCS exam in the official notification. Candidates can check the pattern of the Prelims and Main exam in this section below.
Exam Pattern of HPSC HCS 2021 Prelims
Exam Mode: Offline Test
Language: English & Hindi
Duration: 2 hours per paper
Type of Questions: Objective Type
Sections: Paper 1 & Paper 2
Number of Questions: 200
Marking Scheme: 1 mark for correct answer/-0.25 marks for wrong answer
Check out the distribution of questions below
|Paper||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|I – General Studies||100||100|
|II – Civil Services Aptitude Test||100||100|
Note: Paper-II is only qualifying in nature with minimum qualifying marks of 33%. Result of the Prelims is prepared on the basis of marks obtained in Paper-I only.
Exam Pattern of HPSC HCS 2021 Mains
Exam Mode: Descriptive written test
Duration: 3 hours for each paper
Sections: 4 Papers
Type of Questions: Descriptive
Check out the distribution of marks below
HPSC HCS 2021 Admit Card
E- admit card is issued to successfully registered candidates well before the commencement of the exam. The admit card is issued through the official website through candidate login. One must have the user ID and password generated during online registrations to download the admit card. Check out important details of the HPSC HCS 2021 Admit Card here below.
- The admit card is not sent by post. It must be downloaded from the official website only.
- Candidates must check the admit card for any discrepancy. Any such case must be reported to the Commission immediately.
- The admit card contains important details of the exam centre, date and time of the exam.
- Candidates are responsible for non-receipt of admit card. They must inform the Commission in case of non-receipt of the admit card before the exam.
- No candidate will be allowed to take the test without a printed copy of the admit card.
- Candidates must also carry a valid photo identity proof along with the admit card.
- Name of the candidate may be abbreviated on the admit card due to technical reasons.
HPSC HCS 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The Haryana Public Service Commission lays down certain minimum conditions of eligibility for recruitment to the vacancies in the Haryana Civil Services (Ex Br) and Other Allied Services. Candidates applying for the exam must ensure that they are compliant with all the eligibility criteria as specified in the official notification. One can check out the minimum conditions of eligibility for HPSC HCS 2021 here below.
Applicants may be a:
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 01, 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement.
- Any person of Indian origin who have migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanent settlement.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age and not more than 42 years of age as on January 01, 2021.
- For the post of DSP, the maximum permissible age limit is 27 years as on January 01, 2021.
- Relaxation on the upper age limit is available for candidates belonging to special reserved categories as indicated below.
- Applicants must have a Graduate degree in Arts/Science/Commerce as on April 02, 2021.
- The degree must have been obtained from a recognized University/Institute.
- Candidates applying for the post of DSP must comply with the below indicated minimum physical standards
HPSC HCS 2021 Application Form
It may be noted that only online applications are accepted for appearing in the HPSC HCS 2021 exam. Interested candidates have to apply online by registering at the website hpsc.gov.in as per schedule. No other means of application is accepted for the HPSC HCS 2021 exam. Candidates can check out the key steps involved in the application process below.
- Open the official website hpsc.gov.in.
- Read detailed instructions and click on the link to apply for HPSC HCS 2021.
- Register with email ID and mobile number.
- Log in to fill up the application form.
- Upload documents.
- Pay the application fee.
- Submit form online.
Applicants are required to pay a fee as specified by the HPSC to apply for the HCS (Ex Br) exam. The fee amount can be checked below as per the official notification.
HPSC HCS 2021 Answer Key
Haryana Public Service Commission releases answer key of the objective type Preliminary exam on the official website hpsc.gov.in. The answer key releases online after the exam. Candidates can check the correct answer to the question paper in the answer key PDF.
The Commission allow candidates to submit objections against the provisional answer key which releases at first. Detailed instructions to raise objections is intimated in due course of time with the release of the answer key. Once the objection window closes, the Commission evaluates the HPSC HCS 2021 Answer key as per valid objections and makes a final revised answer key. The final answer key releases online and based on it, the candidate response sheet is evaluated.
HPSC HCS 2021 Result
Haryana Public Service Commission releases the result of each stage of the HPSC HCS 2021 online. The result releases at the official website hpsc.gov.in only. Candidates who secure the minimum qualifying marks in the exam are declared qualifers and are indicates in the merit list. Check out important details of the HPSC HCS Result below.
- Based on merit in the Prelims exam, candidates, 12 times the number of vacancies are qualified to appear in the Main.
- One must pass the Paper II of the Prelims by securing at least 33% marks. It is qualifying in nature.
- Result of the prelims is prepared on the basis of marks in paper-I only.
- Candidates must pass each paper of the Main exam by securing at least 33% marks and aggregate of 45% marks in all four papers taken together.
- Final result of the HPSC HCS 2021 releases after the final interview. The interview carries a total of 75 marks.
HPSC HCS 2021 Vacancy Details
A total of 155 vacancies are advertised by the Commission for the HPSC HCS 2021 exam. The vacancies for General Category under ARCS has been ruled back as per the latest update on July 30, 2021. The screenshot here is of the previous number of vacancies. Candidates can still refer to the screenshot minus the ARCS vacancies.
The Haryana Public Service Commission is an important Public Institution in the state of Haryana, India. HPSC is the apex government recruitment agency of the state and acts as a consultant to the state government of Haryana in matters related to staffing and human resource management. The Haryana Public Service Commission came into existence on November 01, 1966. The organizational structure is set up in a way that is headed by one Chairman and eight members. Currently, the acting chairman is Sh. Alok Verma, IFS (retd.). Haryana Public Service Commission conducts, among other recruitment, the Haryana Civil Service exam to fill up Group A and Group B vacancies in various services of the state government. Candidates are advised to visit the official website for more details and latest events.
Official Website: hpsc.gov.in
|Official Notification||Click Here|
Ans. Candidates must be a graduate and witin the age of 18 to 42 years (27 years for the post of DSP).
Ans. Candidates can apply online at hpsc.gov.in by paying the requisite application fee.
Ans. The selection process included a Preliminary test, Main exam and a final personal interview.
Ans. A total of 156 vacancies are available.