Indian Air Force Airmen 2020 for 01/2021 – Indian Air Force Airmen 2020 Star 01/2020 exam has been postponed. It was scheduled to be held between March 19 to 23, 2020. However, due to outbreak of Corona virus, the exam dates has been postponed. Indian Air Force releases the admit card for intake 01/2021 at the official website, airmenselection.cdac.in. Selection of candidates is done on basis of Phase I, Phase II, Physical Fitness Test, Adaptability Test I, Adaptability Test II. Candidates will get joining as Airmen as per selection list and enrolment list. Check all details of Indian Air Force Airmen 2020 for 01/2021 batch selection Group X and Y through this page.
Latest: Indian Air Force Airmen Star 01/2020 exam has been postponed. Check below.
Indian Air Force Airmen 2020 for 01/2021
Unmarried male Indian and Nepalese candidates can apply online for Indian Air Force Airmen 02/2021. Candidates must check eligibility and standards before filling online form. Complete schedule of selection is as follows.
|Airmen Selection||Intake 01/2021||Intake 02/2020|
|Commencement of online registration||02 Jan 2020||01 Jul 2019|
|Last date to apply online||20 Jan 2020|
|Issuance of phase I admit card||March 2020 (as per reports)||09 Sep 2019|
|Date of phase I selection test|
Apr Last Week
|21 to 24 Sep 2019|
|Declaration of phase I result||April 2020||16 Oct 2019|
|Issuance of phase II admit card||to be announced||Released|
|Date of phase II selection test||to be announced||As per admit card|
|Declaration of phase II result||to be announced||25 days after exam|
|Provisional selection list||31 Oct 2020||30 Apr 2020|
|Enrolment list||10 Dec 2020||10 Jun 2020|
Note: IAF Airmen Selection 0/2021 is for Group X trades (except Education Instructor) and Group Y (except IAF(S) and Musician).
IAF Airmen 01/2020 Important Notice
Indian Air Force Airmen start 01/2020 exam is schduled to be held on 19 March to 23 March 2020 has bene postponed till last week of April 2020, tentatively.
IAF Airmen 01/2021 Admit Card
- All candidates who successfully apply for Airmen Selection get admit card for Phase I.
- Only those who qualify Phase I, get Airmen Admit Card for Phase II.
- You get it at registered email ID as per the schedule above. Also, you can download it from airmenselection.cdac.in.
- You need to download and take color printout of it for the purpose of taking it to exam center.
- Exam center is assigned through Indian Air Force admit card only.
What to bring to exam center?
On day of Phase I exam: You should bring admit card, blue/black pen, original and valid ID proof.
On day of Phase II exam: You should bring following things
- Admit card
- Application form
- Stationery items including pencil, eraser, sharpener, glue, stapler, blue/black ball pen
- 8 Un-attested passport size photographs, same as used in form
- Class 10 certificate in original and also 4 self-attested copies
- Class 12 or Diploma certificate in original and also 4 self-attested copies
- Son of Air Force Personnel / sons of serving or retired or deceased Air Force civilian employees paid out of defence estimates certificates if applicable
- Discharge Certificate of Indian Army or Navy or Air Force in original as well as 4 self-attested copies if applicable
- NOC from employer in original as well as 4 self-attested copies if applicable
- NCC A, B, C certificate original and also 4 self-attested copies if applicable
- Original phase I IAF Airmen Admit Card 01/2021 with seal and invigilator signature
IAF Airmen 01/2021 Selection Process
Note here, sequence of exams and other things in selection process.
Phase I Online Test
All candidates who apply online are called for Indian Air Force Airmen Selection Group X and Y Phase I Online Test. Exam date and center are notified via the admit card. It is a Computer Based Test, in one sitting for both Groups X and Y.
Exam pattern is as follows
|Name of Group||Duration||Subjects|
|X||60 minutes||English, Physics, Mathematics as per 10+2 CBSE syllabus|
|Y||45 minutes||English as per 10+2 CBSE syllabus, and Reasoning and General Awareness (RAGA)|
|Both Group X and Y||85 minutes||English, Physics, Mathematics as per 10+2 CBSE syllabus, and RAGA|
- +1 for correct answer
- -0.25 negative marking for incorrect answer
- 0 mark for the unattempted answer
Only those candidates who clear cut off of Phase I can come for Phase II. They have to bring a number of documents on this day.
Physical Fitness Test
Qualified candidates have to go to Airmen Selection Centre for Physical Fitness Test. It consists of
- 1.6 kms running in 6 mins 30 seconds.
- 10 push ups
- 10 sit ups
- 20 squats
You should bring your sports shoes and shorts or track pants for PFT.
Adaptability Test I
This will be an objective test. It will be in written format. This test will assess your suitability for IAF Recruitment which involves being in different geographic terrain, weather, and operational conditions.
Adaptability Test II
Those who qualify adaptability test I will undergo adaptability test II. This will assess your adaptability to military way of life.
Phase III Medical Examination
Candidates who qualify adaptability test II will get medical appointment letter at respective Airmen Selection Centre. They can also download it from CASB website and go to concerned MBC for exam. Medical examination would also include Baseline Investigation of:- (a) Blood Haemogram – Hb, TLC, DLC (b) Urine RE/ME (c) Biochemistry (i) Blood Sugar Fasting & PP (ii) Serum Cholesterol (iii) Urea, Uric acid, Creatinine (iv) LFT—Serum Bilurubin, SGOT, SGPT (d) X- Ray chest (PA view) (e) ECG (R) (f) Tests for Narcotic Drug and Psychotropic Substance Abuse.
IAF Airmen 01/2021 Result
Result of Indian Airforce Airmen Selection are published at airmenselection.cdac.in by Indian Air Force. The result releases for all phases i.e. I and II . After the phase – II result Provisional Selection List (PSL) and Enrolment List will be publised by IAF.
Provisional Selection List (PSL)
- Indian Air Force publishes PSL after selection test.
- IAF displays PSL at Airmen Selection Centres as well as official website.
- Result is on basis of performance in selection test and cut off.
- PSL is valid only for 01/2021 entry.
- Enrolment is subject to medical fitness, availability of vacancies, not exceeding the age of 21 years on date of enrolment and meeting all the laid down eligibility criteria as and when called for enrolment.
- Candidates can check enrolment list on the official website as per schedule.
Salary And Emoluments of Airmen
Pay and allowances
You will get Rs 14,600 per month during training. After that, you get gross emoluments at minimum scale of pay including Military Scale Pay (MSP) Group X (only for Group X) and DA as follows
- For Group X: Rs 33,100 pm plus DA
- For Group Y: Rs 26,900 pm plus DA
You will also get transport allowance, composite personal maintenance allowance (cpma), leave ration allowance (lra), high altitude allowance, field area/modified field area allowance, hra, children education allowance/ hostel subsidy.
You will get perks like ration, clothing, medical facilities, accommodation, canteen facilities, leave, recreational facilities, transport facility for school going children and leave travel concession. Also, there will be a group insurance cover of Rs. 37.5 lakhs at a premium of Rs. 2300 per month. You will also be eligible for a group housing scheme.
IAF Airmen 01/2021 Application Form
- Indian Air Force has released online application form on 02 January 2020.
- Interested and eligible candidates can do registration at cdac.in and details are also available at careerindianairforce.cdac.in.
- Candidates have to upload some documents, as applicable, during Airmen selection registration. They are listed below.
- Application fee is Rs 250. Applicant can pay fee using debit card, credit card, net banking, payment gateway, challan at Axis bank.
- Candidate must have a valid email ID, mobile number for registration. Also, keep aadhaar card handy.
Documents to upload in application form
- Class 10 certificate.
- Class 12 marksheet or diploma marksheet
- Passport size color photograph taken on or after June 2019
- Left hand thumb impression
- Father’s / mother’s / guardian’s signature image if candidate is less than 18 years as on date of filling form
- Mark sheet with English subject in diploma (if applying on basis of diploma) or in 12th/10th if English is not a subject in Diploma.
IAF Airmen 01/2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should check eligibility criteria before applying. Eligibility criteria for IAF Airmen Selection 01/2021 is as follows.
Candidate must be born between 17 January 2000 and 30 December 2003 (both days inclusive). Upper age limit as on date of enrolment is 21 years.
For Group X:
- Either Class 12 pass with Mathematics, Physics, English with at least 50% in aggregate, and 50% in English.
- Or 3 year Diploma in Engineering (any stream as available in online form) pass with 50% in overall. Also, should have either 50% in English in diploma or in inter if English is not a subject in diploma.
For Group Y – Except Medical Assistant and Musician:
- Either Class 12 pass in any stream with at least 50% in aggregate, and 50% in English.
- Or 2 year vocational course pass with 50% in overall. Also, should have either 50% in English in diploma or in inter if English is not a subject in diploma.
For Group Y –Medical Assistant:
- Class 12 pass with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English with 50% in aggregate and 50% in English.
- Those who are eligible for Group X on basis of class 12 are also eligible for Group Y. They will have the option to appear in both Group X as well as Group Y in one sitting. If this applies, then you have to opt for this option during online form filling.
- Diploma holders can apply for Group X only.
- Only boards listed at COBSE on date of registration will be considered.
- Marks written in the mark sheet, prior to decimal will be considered. Do not round it off to decimal.
Note required medical standards from here. also visit CASB portal airmenselection.cdac.in for more details.
|Chest||Min 5 cms expansion|
|Weight||Proportionate to height and age (at least 55KG for Operations Assistant ATS trade)|
|Corneal surgery||PRK / LASIK Not acceptable|
|hearing||Normal hearing, can hear forced whisper from 6m with each ear separately|
|Health||Normal without any loss of appendages, free from active or latent, acute or chronic, medical or surgical disability or infection and skin ailments|
For complete details about Indian Air Force Airmen 01/2021 Selection Group X and Y check – Advertisement