Join Indian Coast Guard as an Assistant Commandant through this Recruitment Drive 2018. Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Notification is published for Men to become Officers in Indian Coast Guard 01/2018 batch. In the first place, note minimum graduation criteria for General Duty, General Duty (Pilot). However Pilots (CPL) need class 12 pass with recommended qualifying percentage. Those who are eligible can apply for Join Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant 2018 online at www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in. Next, they can download admit card for preliminary selection examination. Thereafter candidates clearing preliminary selection round will move onto final selection stage and from there to getting a place in the merit list.
Get here complete details of Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant 2018 for 01/2018 batch such as notification, application form, admit card, result.
Latest – List of Candidates selected for Final Selection Board has been announced for Group 5, 6 & 7 for Noida Centre. check on “Result”page link.
|Advertisement 01/2018||Click Here|
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Admit Card||Click Here|
Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant 01/2018
Name of the Posts (Only for Men)
- Asst. Commandant General Duty
- Asst. Commandant General Duty (Pilot)
- Asst. Commandant (Commercial Pilot License-SSA)
- Asst. Commandant General Duty – Candidates born between 01 Jul 1993 to 30 Jun 1997 are eligible to apply. (Both Dates Inclusive).
- Asst. Commandant General Duty (Pilot) – Candidates born between 01 Jul 1993 to 30 Jun 1999 are eligible to apply. (Both Dates Inclusive).
- Asst. Commandant (Commercial Pilot License) – Candidates born between 01 Jul 1993 to 30 Jun 1999 are eligible to apply. (Both Dates Inclusive).
Educational Qualification – Candidate must have Bachelor’s degree with 60% if applying for General Duty. On the other hand, those applying for Pilot (CPL) need to have passed class 12th with 60%.
Selection Process – Selection will be based on following rounds
- Preliminary Selection
- Final Selection
Candidates who are qualified in Preliminary Selection stage will be eligible for last final selection round/stage.
How to Apply – Interested candidates can apply online from the official website of Indian Coat Guard and fill their personal, educational details for completing the process.
|Submission of Applications Form||24 Jun to 02 Jul 2017|
|Issue of Admit Card||08 Jul to 14 Jul 2017|
|Date of Preliminary Selection Examination||Mid Jul 2017|
|Date of Final Selection||13 Aug 2017 Onwards|
|Display of Merit List 01/2018||First Week of Dec 2017|
|Display of Merit List 02/2017||13 Jun 2017|
Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant FSB Schedule
|Exam centre||FSB dates|
|Noida||13, 20 & 27 Aug 2017|
For General Duty & General Duty (Pilot) posts
- Should hold a Bachelor’s degree of recognised university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (ie. 1 st Semester to 8th Semester for BE/B.Tech or 1st year to last year for Bachelor Degree Candidates wherever applicable). Mathematics and Physics as subjects & up to intermediate or class XII of 10+2+3 scheme of education or equivalent with 60% aggregate marks in Maths & Physics [Candidates not in possession of Physics & Maths in 10 + 2 (Intermediate) level or equivalent are not eligible for General Duty (GD) & General Duty (Pilot)].
Age – 01 Jul 1993 to 30 Jun 1997 (both dates inclusive) for General Duty & 01 Jul 1993 to 30 Jun 1999 (both dates inclusive) for General Duty (Pilot).
For Pilots (CPL) post
- 12th class pass with 60% marks in aggregate and should possess current / valid Commercial Pilot License (CPL) issued/validated by DGCA on the date of submission of application.
Age – 01 Jul 1993 to 30 Jun 1999 (both dates inclusive)
- The upper age limit of OBC/SC & ST is relaxable as per Govt. of India rules in vogue. However, SC and ST category candidates already appeared in PSB/FSB of Special Recruitment Drive of 01/2018 batch are not eligible for the current batch.
- Maximum 5% relaxation in aggregate in the degree certificate for SC/ST candidates, NCC ‘C’ (A grade) holders, Sports person of National level (Inter State & above) and wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service. No relaxation for 12th class marks.
- Coast Guard reserves the right to fix the cut off percentage for issue of PSB call up letters.
Additional Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates failed in Computerised Pilot Selection System or suspended from flying training at Air Force Academy are not eligible for Pilot branch.
- Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any other service training academy are not eligible to appear.
- Candidates should not have been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges.
- Only candidates cleared their final year / final semester exam and completed their degrees are to apply.
Short listing of Applications – Short listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination and the qualifying cut off for a particular branch or centre may be increased more than 60% if more applications with higher %are received.
- Preliminary Selection – Shortlisted candidates will be called for Preliminary Selection at given date and time which will consist of Mental Ability Test/ Cognitive Aptitude Test and Picture Perception & Discussion Test (PP&DT). The aptitude tests will be in English only and will be objective type. During PP&DT the candidates are expected to speak. and discuss in English. However they are free to speak in Hindi if they wish to do so. Date/ time and venue of Preliminary Selection once allotted will not be changed at any stage.
- Final Selection – The candidates qualifying above Preliminary Selection will be called for Final Selection. The date and venue for Final Selection Board (FSB) will be uploaded on Indian Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in. The Final Selection will consist of Psychological Test, Group Task and Interview (Personality test). All documents/ certificates verified during PSB are also required to be produced in originals during FSB.
- Medicals – All candidates recommended by Final Selection Board will undergo Medical examination at nearest Military Hospital. Candidates for GD (Pilot) will undergo medical at AFCME, Delhi.
- CPSS – GD (Pilot) candidates on qualifying FSB will be required to appear for CPSS at Dehradun/Mysore AFSBs. Those already qualified CPSS are to provide details of batch, Chest number and place while filling up PIQ forms during FSB.
- Validity of Selection – The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the final merit list will have no rights for automatic selection for the next batch. Such candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided that they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
Merit List: Recommendation in FSB does not confirm final selection. A merit list will be prepared for the medically fit candidates on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates at FSB and depending upon the availability of vacancies. The number of vacancies may vary from branch to branch and will be decided at a later date depending on the number of training vacancies available at training establishments. The list of candidates selected on the
basis of merit list will be uploaded in Coast Guard recruitment website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in during first week Dec 2017. The joining letters will be issued accordingly. The training at INA, Ezhimala is schedule to commence end Dec 2017.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question. I am not able to submit online application, it is slow. What should i do ?
Answer : Please check your internet speed and see whether you have updated internet browser-Google Chrome/Internet Explorer etc. Still If you are not able to submit from your Home-PC, go to internet cafe where you will get good speed.
Question. I am an appearing candidate and waiting for last year result. I want to apply for Asst Comdt, can I apply? If yes, what should I write in certificate number column?
Answer :No, you are not eligilbe to apply.
Question.I don’t have original convocation degree/provisional certificate. Can i sit for the preliminary examination ?
Answer : Please go through the current advertisement thoroughly.
Question.How to fill yearly marks in diploma/degree columns, Since it is mentioned semester wise ?
Answer : Candidate to either fill total marks in first column or fill it yearly wise starting from first column. Please remember don’t leave blank columns, fill zero in it.
Question. After successful submission of form, I didn’t get my Roll no. Date & Time of reporting centre ?
Answer : In every advertisement, we have given a particular date from which CENTRE particulars will be available after shortlisting. Candidates to take a fresh printout from http://www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/reprint.aspx in which all these particulars will be available.
Question. What is Character Certificate? Where will i get it ?
Answer : The certificate which defines your character is Character Certificate. You have to get it issued from any one of Police/Revenue Official/Head Master/ Principal of recognized school/college/Sarpanch /Armed Forces Commissioned Officers(Active List) and Any Gazetted Officer. The validity of this certificate will be 6 months from the date of Signing Authority.