|UPES Dehradun Admission 2018||Apply Here!|
|SRM University MBA Admission 2018||Apply Here!|
|Times Group Bennett University||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
Join Indian Coast Guard as an Assistant Commandant through this Recruitment Drive 2018. Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Notification is published now for Men to become Officers in Indian Coast Guard 02/2018 batch. In the first place, note minimum graduation criteria for General Duty, General Duty (Pilot) and CPL(SSA). However, Pilots (CPL) need class 12 pass with recommended qualifying percentage. Those who are eligible can apply for Join Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant 2018 online at www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in. Next, they can download admit card for preliminary selection examination. Thereafter candidates clearing preliminary selection round will move onto final selection stage and from there to getting a place in the merit list.
Latest: The list of candidates selected for final selection board (FSB) for 02/2018 for batch group 9 and 10 has been released, check it from the “Result” page link given in quick links.
Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant 02/2018
Indian Coast Guard has released notice for the GD, GD(Pilot) and CPL(SSA), the Eligible candidate can apply before the last date of the application form. Candidate can get here complete details of Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant 2018 for 02/2018 batch such as notification, application form, admit card, result.
|Submission of Applications Form||18 Nov to 02 Dec 2017|
|Issue of Admit Card||11 Dec to 24 Dec 2017|
|Date of Preliminary Selection Examination||Jan 2018 onwards!|
|Date of Final Selection||04 Feb 2018 onwards!|
|Display of Merit List 01/2018||First Week of Dec 2017|
|Display of Merit List 02/2018||First Week of Jun 2018|
Name of the Posts (Only for Men)
- Asst. Commandant General Duty
- Asst. Commandant General Duty (Pilot)
- Asst. Commandant (Commercial Pilot License-SSA)
For General Duty & General Duty (Pilot) posts
- Should hold a Bachelor’s degree of the recognized university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (ie. 1 st Semester to 8th Semester for BE/B.Tech or 1st year to last year for Bachelor Degree Candidates wherever applicable). Mathematics and Physics as subjects & up to intermediate or class XII of 10+2+3 scheme of education or equivalent with 60% aggregate marks in Maths & Physics [Candidates not in possession of Physics & Maths in 10 + 2 (Intermediate) level or equivalent are not eligible for General Duty (GD) & General Duty (Pilot)].
Age – 01 Jul 1993 to 30 Jun 1997 (both dates inclusive) for General Duty & 01 Jul 1993 to 30 Jun 1999 (both dates inclusive) for General Duty (Pilot).
For Pilots (CPL) post
- 12th class pass with 60% marks in aggregate and should possess current/valid Commercial Pilot License (CPL) issued/validated by DGCA on the date of submission of application.
Age – 01 Jul 1993 to 30 Jun 1999 (both dates inclusive)
- The upper age limit of OBC/SC & ST is relaxable as per Govt. of India rules in vogue. However, SC and ST category candidates already appeared in PSB/FSB of Special Recruitment Drive of 01/2018 batch are not eligible for the current batch.
- Maximum 5% relaxation in aggregate in the degree certificate for SC/ST candidates, NCC ‘C’ (A grade) holders, Sportsperson of the National level (Inter-State & above) and wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service. No relaxation for 12th class marks.
- Coast Guard reserves the right to fix the cut off percentage for the issue of PSB call-up letters.
Additional Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates failed in Computerised Pilot Selection System or suspended from flying training at Air Force Academy are not eligible for Pilot branch.
- Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any other service training academy are not eligible to appear.
- Candidates should not have been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges.
- Only candidates cleared their final year / final semester exam and completed their degrees are to apply.
Candidate must have Bachelor’s degree with 60% if applying for General Duty. On the other hand, those applying for Pilot (CPL) need to have passed class 12th with 60%.
Short listing of Applications – Short-listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination and the qualifying cut off for a particular branch or center may be increased more than 60% if more applications with higher %are received.
- Preliminary Selection – Shortlisted candidates will be called for Preliminary Selection at given date and time which will consist of Mental Ability Test/ Cognitive Aptitude Test and Picture Perception & Discussion Test (PP&DT). The aptitude tests will be in English only and will be objective type. During PP&DT the candidates are expected to speak. and discuss in English. However, they are free to speak in Hindi if they wish to do so. Date/ time and venue of Preliminary Selection once allotted will not be changed at any stage.
Candidates who are qualified in Preliminary Selection stage will be eligible for last final selection round/stage.
- Final Selection – The candidates qualifying for Preliminary Selection will be called for Final Selection. The date and venue for Final Selection Board (FSB) will be uploaded to Indian Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in. The Final Selection will consist of Psychological Test, Group Task, and Interview (Personality test). All documents/ certificates verified during PSB are also required to be produced in originals during FSB.
- Medicals – All candidates recommended by Final Selection Board will undergo the Medical examination at nearest Military Hospital. Candidates for GD (Pilot) will undergo medical at AFCME, Delhi.
- CPSS – GD (Pilot) candidates on qualifying FSB will be required to appear for CPSS at Dehradun/Mysore AFSBs. That already qualified CPSS is to provide details of the batch, Chest number, and place while filling up PIQ forms during FSB.
- Validity of Selection – The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the final merit list will have no rights for automatic selection for the next batch. Such candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided that they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant FSB Schedule
|Exam centre||FSB dates|
|Kolkata||To be announced|
|Chennai||To be announced|
|Noida||To be announced|
|Mumbai||To be announced|
Merit List: Recommendation in FSB does not confirm final selection. A merit list will be prepared for the medically fit candidates on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates at FSB and depending upon the availability of vacancies. The number of vacancies may vary from branch to branch and will be decided at a later date depending on the number of training vacancies available at training establishments. The list of candidates selected on the basis of merit list will be uploaded to Coast Guard recruitment website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in during the first week June 2018. The joining letters will be issued accordingly. The training at INA, Ezhimala is scheduled to commence end June 2018.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Question. I am not able to submit the online application, it is slow. What should I do?
Answer: Please check your internet speed and see whether you have updated internet browser-Google Chrome/Internet Explorer etc. Still, If you are not able to submit from your Home-PC, go to the internet cafe where you will get good speed.
- Question. I am an appearing candidate and waiting for last year result. I want to apply for Asst Comdt, can I apply? If yes, what should I write in certificate number column?
Answer: No, you are not eligible to apply.
- Question.I don’t have original convocation degree/provisional certificate. Can I sit for the preliminary examination?
Answer: Please go through the current advertisement thoroughly.
- Question.How to fill yearly marks in diploma/degree columns, Since it is mentioned semester wise?
Answer: Candidate to either fill total marks in the first column or fill it yearly wise starting from the first column. Please remember don’t leave blank columns, fill zero in it.
- Question. After successful submission of the form, I didn’t get my Roll no. Date & Time of reporting center?
Answer: In every advertisement, we have given a particular date from which center particulars will be available after shortlisting. Candidates to take a fresh printout from http://www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/reprint.aspx in which all these particulars will be available.
- Question. What is Character Certificate? Where will I get it?
Answer: The certificate which defines your character is Character Certificate. You have to get it issued from any one of Police/Revenue Official/Head Master/ Principal of recognized school/college/Sarpanch /Armed Forces Commissioned Officers(Active List) and Any Gazetted Officer. The validity of this certificate will be 6 months from the date of Signing Authority.