Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union, offers a challenging career to young and dynamic Indian male/female candidates for various branches as an Assistant Commandant (Group ‘A’ Gazetted Officer). Candidates who have passed Bachelor’s degree from any recognised university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate can apply for the Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant post. Candidates can get complete details on Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Recruitment from here.
Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Recruitment
Eligible candidate can apply before the last date of the application form. Candidate can get here complete details of Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant such as notification, application form, admit card, result.
|Submission of Applications Form||19 May to 01 Jun 2018|
|Issue of Admit Card||08 to 24 Jun 2018|
|Date of Preliminary Selection Examination||18 Jun 2018|
|Preliminary Selection Examination Result||17 Jul 2018|
|Date of Final Selection||To be announced|
|Display of Merit List 01/2019||1st week of December 2018|
Short listing of Applications – Short-listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination and the qualifying cut off for a particular branch or center may be increased more than 60% if more applications with higher %are received.
- Preliminary Selection – Shortlisted candidates will be called for Preliminary Selection at given date and time which will consist of Mental Ability Test/ Cognitive Aptitude Test and Picture Perception & Discussion Test (PP&DT). The aptitude tests will be in English only and will be objective type. During PP&DT the candidates are expected to speak. and discuss in English. However, they are free to speak in Hindi if they wish to do so. Date/ time and venue of Preliminary Selection once allotted will not be changed at any stage.
Candidates who are qualified in Preliminary Selection stage will be eligible for last final selection round/stage.
- Final Selection – The candidates qualifying for Preliminary Selection will be called for Final Selection. The date and venue for Final Selection Board (FSB) will be uploaded to Indian Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in. The Final Selection will consist of Psychological Test, Group Task, and Interview (Personality test). All documents/ certificates verified during PSB are also required to be produced in originals during FSB.
- Medicals – All candidates recommended by Final Selection Board will undergo the Medical examination at nearest Military Hospital. Candidates for GD (Pilot) will undergo medical at AFCME, Delhi.
- CPSS – GD (Pilot) candidates on qualifying FSB will be required to appear for CPSS at Dehradun/Mysore AFSBs. That already qualified CPSS is to provide details of the batch, Chest number, and place while filling up PIQ forms during FSB.
- Validity of Selection – The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the final merit list will have no rights for automatic selection for the next batch. Such candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided that they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Question. I am not able to submit the online application, it is slow. What should I do?
Answer: Please check your internet speed and see whether you have updated internet browser-Google Chrome/Internet Explorer etc. Still, If you are not able to submit from your Home-PC, go to the internet cafe where you will get good speed.
- Question. I am an appearing candidate and waiting for last year result. I want to apply for Asst Comdt, can I apply? If yes, what should I write in certificate number column?
Answer: No, you are not eligible to apply.
- Question.I don’t have original convocation degree/provisional certificate. Can I sit for the preliminary examination?
Answer: Please go through the current advertisement thoroughly.
- Question.How to fill yearly marks in diploma/degree columns, Since it is mentioned semester wise?
Answer: Candidate to either fill total marks in the first column or fill it yearly wise starting from the first column. Please remember don’t leave blank columns, fill zero in it.
- Question. After successful submission of the form, I didn’t get my Roll no. Date & Time of reporting center?
Answer: In every advertisement, we have given a particular date from which center particulars will be available after shortlisting. Candidates to take a fresh printout from http://www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/reprint.aspx in which all these particulars will be available.
- Question. What is Character Certificate? Where will I get it?
Answer: The certificate which defines your character is Character Certificate. You have to get it issued from any one of Police/Revenue Official/Head Master/ Principal of recognized school/college/Sarpanch /Armed Forces Commissioned Officers(Active List) and Any Gazetted Officer. The validity of this certificate will be 6 months from the date of Signing Authority.
Official Website: www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in