Indian Coast Guard Navik for General Duty has released notification for the recruitment of Navik (General Duty). The vacancies are open for the post of Navik (General Duty) in the Indian Coast Guard. It will be filled through written examination, followed by PFT and Medical Test. Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 01/2019 will release the Navik General Duty Application Form on scheduled date. The written exam held in the month of September and October 2018. Check more details about Indian Coast Guard Navik 2019 vacancy, from below.
Indian Coast Guard Navik (General Duty) 2019
Online Applications will be invited from male Indian nationals for recruitment to the post of Navik (General Duty) in the Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union. The candidate may check all the important dates from the table below.
|Online Application Form||01 to 10 Jul 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||21 to 31 Jul 2018|
|Written Examination||Sep-Oct 2018|
|Final List of Selected Candidates||Dec 2018 & Jan 2019|
Indian Coast Guard Navik 01/2019 for General Duty
Post of Navik (General Duty) in the Indian Coast Guard. The requirement of the post is as below:
Pay and Perks -On joining Indian Coast Guard, you will be placed in Basic pay Rs. 21700/- (Pay Level-3) plus Dearness Allowance and other allowances based on nature of duty/place of posting as per the prevailing regulations.
Promotion and Perquisites.
- Promotion prospects exist upto the rank of Pradhan Adhikari with pay scale Rs. 47600/- (Pay Level 8)with Dearness Allowance. Promotion to the Officer cadre is subject to suitability and performance.
- Free Ration and clothing as perthe existing rules. Free medical treatment for self and family including dependent parents.
- Government accommodation for self & family on nominal license fee.
- 45 days Earned leave and 08 days Casual leave every year with Leave Travel Concession (LTC) for self, family and dependent parents as per Government rules.
- Contributory Pension Scheme and Gratuity on retirement.
- Canteen and various loan facilities.
- ECHS medical facilities after retirement.
Indian Coast Guard Navik Eligibility Criteria
The candidates will only be selected for the post of General Duty recruitment if they will fulfil the below mentioned eligibility criteria.
- Candidate must have qualified 10+2 passed with 50% marks aggregate in total and minimum 50% aggregate in Maths and Physics from an education board recognized by Central/State Government.
- The minimum marks criteria for the candidates belonging to SC/ST category is 45%.
- The age limit for the recruitment is 18 to 22 years, i.e. between February 01, 1997 to
January 31, 2001 (both dates inclusive).
- Relaxation of 05 years has been granted to SC/ST Candidates and the same for OBC Candidates is 3 years.
Indian Coast Guard Navik Application Form 2019
Application form for Indian Coast Guard Navik (General Duty) 2019 will be released online at the official website. Before filling the Indian Coast Guard Navik (General Duty) 2019 Application Form, candidates must ensure their eligiubility. Application form must be filled and submitted on or before its last date.
The important instructions for filling of online application are:-
- The Name of the Candidate, Father and Mother’s name and date of birth should be mentioned as per class certificate.
- Indicate exact percentage of 12th class up to two decimals and this is not to be rounded off.
- Filling up of information like personal email ID and Mobile number of the candidate are compulsory. The date, time and Centre of the written examination and other information will be informed through Coast Guard Recruitment website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
- The application provides choice of only One centre for exernination. The candidate is to choose Centre from the list mentioned against each state to which he belongs to.
List of Documents
Scrutiny of documents for eligibility will be carried out prior commencement of the written examination. Candidates are therefore required to appear at the examination centre with the following documents.
- Three copies of pre-filled Online e-admit card with latest photograph affixed.
- Original Class 10th pass certificate and mark sheet.
- Original Class 12th pass certificate and mark sheet.
- Original Caste certificate (if applicable) /Domicile certificate of their respective state issued by Tehsildar/Sub District Magistrate / District Magistrate.
- Proof of identity such as passport, driving license, Aadhar card/ voter I card, Pan card, School/ college ID card or any other photo identity proof.
- In case of reserved category applicants, availing age/percentage relaxatior, either
current or permanent address of online application should be same as the address
mentioned in caste/category certificate (SC/ST & OBC). Further, in case of OBC the
category certificate should not be more than 3 financial Years old and for such cases
renewed/fresh certificate to be produced. All OBC certificates shall be ·in original as per
Govt of India format (No other format will be entertained}.
- Ten recent colour passport size photographs with Blue background.
Scheme of Entrance Exam for Indian Coast Guard Navik
The written examination will contain objective type questions. These questions will be of asked from the subjects such as Maths, Physics, basic Chemistry, knowledge of English upto 12th standard; general knowledge, current affairs, quantitative aptitude, and reasoning etc.
Recruitment Zones and Examinations Centers
The candidates are to choose only one choice of centre from the list mentioned against state to which they belong to Domicile. The Coast Guard reserves the right to cancel / reconduct the examination of a particular Centre or change the Centre of the candidates for administrative/other reasons. The recruitment zones and examination Centre for different states are given below:
Result of Coast Gaurd Navik (General Duty) 2019
The result will be announced online. It will be first released for the written examination and will contain the details of those candidates who will be called for PFT. The final merit list will be announced at the official website and it will contain the details of the candidates, who will be finally recruited.
Indian Coast Guard Navik Selection Procedure
Written Test – The candidates will be selected on the basis of entrance examination. It will be held in the month of Sep-Oct 2018 . The shortlisting will be done as per the higher marks percentage in an exam center.
Physical Fitness Test – Candidates show will qualify the written examination will be called for the Physical Fitness Test (PFT). The PFT will contain the following:
- Running 1.6 Km in 7 minutes.
- 20 Squat Ups (Uthak Baithak)
- 10 Push Up.
Note: The candidates must possess shoe, T-shirt, shorts, etc. Nothing will be granted by the conducting body.
Medical Test – Based on the performance in the written examination, candidates will be shortlisted for initial recruitment medical examination (Preliminary) in a ratio as may be decided by the Indian Coast Guard. Mere declaration of fit in initial medical examination does not indicate selection of the candidate for the final medical at INS Chilka.
Selection List: The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all the tests depending upon the available vacancies. The Zone wise select list of candidates will be displayed in the Indian Coast Guard Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in in the month of Jul 2018.
Note: Selection of candidates is based on the order of merit depending on their performance in Written Test, Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in the Medical Examination.
The basic training will commence in Feb 2019 at INS Chilka followed by sea training and professional training in the allotted trade. Branch/trade will be allocated as per the requirement of service and performance during basic training. Naviks are liable to be discharged as UNSUITABLE due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the training.
SC/ST candidates, who are not employed by the Central/State Government, will be reimbursed ordinary 2nd class fare by train/ Govt. bus/steamer charges as per central government regulations by the shortest route if the home station is beyond 30 kms from the place of testing on production of original tickets.
Official Website: www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
For more detail about Indian Coast Guard Navik (General Duty) 2019, download Advertisement.