Indian Coast Guard Navik 02/2017 – Join Indian Coast Guard has issued a notification for recruitment to the post of Navik (General Duty) in the Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union under Batch – 02/2017. In the first place, note minimum 10+2 Class with 50% marks aggregate in total and minimum 50% aggregate in Maths and Physics from an education board recognized by Central/State Government. Those who are eligible can fill their application form for Join Indian Coast Guard Navik 02/2017 as per prescribed format given below. Next, they will qualify the written examination. Thereafter candidates clearing Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and Initial Medical Examination (Preliminary) round will move onto final selection stage and from there to getting a place in the merit list.
Get here complete details of Indian Coast Guard Navik 02/2017 such as notification, application form, admit card, result.
Latest – A notice regarding Pre-Scheduling of Reporting Time has been announced for Navik (GD) 02/2017. Check on “Admit Card” page link.
|Admit Card||Click Here|
Indian Coast Guard Navik 02/2017
Name of the Posts
- Navik (Genral Duty)
- 18 to 22 years i.e. between 01 Aug 1995 to 31 Jul 1999 (Both dates inclusive)
Pay Scale – Starting Basic Pay Scale for Navik(GD) is Rs. 21700/- (7th pay commission recommendation). Plus Dearness Allowance and other allowances based on nature of duty/place of posting as per the regulation enforced time to time.
Educational Qualification – 10+2 passed with 50% marks aggregate in total and minimum 50% aggregate in Maths and Physics from an education board recognized by Central/State Government. (5 % relaxation in above minimum cut off will be given for outstanding sports person of National level who have obtained 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in any field sports events at the Open National Championship/ Interstate National Championship. This relaxation will also be applicable to the wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service).
Selection Process – Selection of candidates is based on the order of merit depending on their performance in Written Test, Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and Initial Medical Examination (Preliminary).
How to Apply – Interested candidates download their application form from official website i.e www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in or through the direct link given below. Candidates need to fill and submit it as per instruction is given below.
|Online application Form||10 to 22 Mar 2017|
|Availability of Admit Card||02 to 11 Apr 2017|
|Date of Recruitment / Written Examination||As per Admit Card|
|Final List of Selected Candidates||Jul 2017|
Indian Coast Guard Navik Application Form 2017
Interested and eligible candidates can apply online for Indian Coast Guard Navik 02/2017 from official website. The direct link to download the application form is given below.
Application Process is over now.
Download Indian Coast Guard Application Form 2017 – Click here to apply online for Indian Coast Guard Navik 02/2017 for General Duty.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted ‘Online only’ from 10 to 22 March 2017 till 1700 Hrs. Candidates are to logon to www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click on opportunities button. The important instructions for filling of online application are:-
- The Name of the Candidate, Father and Mother’s name and date of birth should be mentioned as per 10th class certificate.
- Indicate exact percentage of 12th class up to two decimals and this is not to be rounded off.
- Filling up of information like personal email ID and Mobile number of the candidate are compulsory. The date, time and Centre of the written examination and other information will be informed through Coast Guard Recruitment website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
- The application provides a choice of only One Centre for examination. The candidate is to choose Centre from the list mentioned against each state to which he belongs to.
The recruitment/examination Centre’s along with address are as given below:-
Selection of candidates is based on the order of merit depending on their performance in Written Test, Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and Initial Medical Examination (Preliminary).
- Short-listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks for a particular examination Centre.
- The qualifying cut off percentage (%) of a particular Centre may be increased if more number of applications with higher percentage is received.
- The written examination will be of objective type, which will generally cover subjects such as Maths, Physics, basic Chemistry, knowledge of English upto 12th standard, general knowledge, current affairs, quantitative aptitude and reasoning etc.
- Those who qualify written examination will undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and Initial Medical Examination (Preliminary). The testing procedure will take 2-3 days. Physically Challenged candidates are not eligible to apply for this examination.
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT): PFT will be conducted for all those who qualify the written tests. All candidates are advised to be in possession of sport rig (Shoe, T shirt, Trouser etc). The PFT will consist of,
- 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes.
- 20 Squat ups (Uthak Baithak)
- 10 Push up. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
- Candidates who qualify the Physical Fitness Test (PFT) will only be required to undergo initial recruitment medical examination at the respective recruitment Centres or any other place as decided by the Indian Coast Guard.
- Based on the performance in the written examination, candidates will be shortlisted for medical examination in a ratio as may be decided by the Indian Coast Guard. Mere declaration of fit in initial medical examination does not indicate selection of the candidate for the final medical at INS Chilka.
- The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all the tests depending upon the available vacancies. The Zone wise select list of candidates will be displayed in the Indian Coast Guard Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in in the month of Jul 2017. It is clarified that merit list will be zone wise and not centre wise.
The basic training will commence in Aug 2017 at INS Chilka followed by sea training and professional training in the allotted trade. Branch/trade will be allocated as per the requirement of service and performance during basic training. Naviks are liable to be discharged as Unsuitable due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the training.Defense Services