Indian Coast Guard Yantrik 01/2020 – Indian Coast Guard has released the result of yantriki post for the diploma holder candidates (Only for Mechanical/Electrical & Electronics and Telecommunication (Radio/Power) Engineering). Queslified candidtes will now hev to undergo the final medical examination at INS Chilka on February 05, 2020. The recruitment is done through written exam followed by physical fitness test. Get here all details regarding Indian Coast Guard Yantrik 01/2020.
Latest: The Indian Coast Guard has released the result of Indian Coast Guard Yantrik 01/2020. Check here
Indian Coast Guard Yantrik 01/2020
The application form has to be filled online on the official website (joinindiancoastguard.gov.in). Valid Email Id and Mobile number is necessary to fill the application form. The exam will be conducted in objective type mode. The complete schedule for Indian Coast Guard Yantrik 01/2020 is given below.
|Application Form Starts||11 Aug 2019|
|Application Form End||17 Aug 2019 (Until 5 PM)|
|Admit Card||01 – 08 Sep 2019|
|Examination Dates||As per on admit card|
|Result||16 Jan 2020|
|Final Medical Examination (At INS Chilka)||05 Feb 2020|
Result for Indian Coast Guard Yantrik 01/2020
After the successful conduction of the examination result will be declared at the official website (joinindiancoastguard.gov.in). For each stage of the examination separate result is declared. The result contains the name and roll number of the qualified candidates. The result is purely based on the performance of the candidates.
Admit Card for Indian Coast Guard Yantrik 01/2020
The admit card is made available for the selected candidates which are shortlisted from the candidates who have filled the form. Shortlisting criteria of eligible candidates will be based on higher percentage marks in qualifying examination. The candidates can download the admit card form the official website by entering the Application/Registration number.
Only Candidates belonging to SC/ST Quota will be eligible for Training Expenses. The candidates who are not the employee in central or state govt. will be reimbursed 2nd class fare by train/Govt. bus/steamer charges by the shortest route if their home is beyond 30 Km from the examination.
Application Form for Indian Coast Guard Yantrik 01/2020
The application form has been released in online mode only on the official website (joinindiancoastguard.gov.in) and no other mode for application form will be accepted. In the application form candidates have to fill the personal details, contact number and choose the exam centre. Choice of one exam centre will be allowed.
How to fill the Application Form?
- Go to “Opportunities” section on website.
- Fill the application form.
- Note down the Application/Registration Number.
There is no application fee for this recruitment process.
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Coast Guard Yantrik 01/2020
The candidates must check the eligibility as the applications will be scrutinized and the selected candidates will be able to give the exam. The eligibility criteria is as follows.
The candidates should be between 18 to 22 years of age. That means the candidates must be born between 01 Feb 1998 to 31 Jan 2002 (both dates inclusive). The upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC category candidates is provided.
- Candidates should pass Matriculation or equivalent examination and have done diploma in Electrical/ Mechanical/Electronics and Telecommunication (Radio/Power) Engineering approved by AICTE (with Minimum 60% Aggregate).
- 5% relaxation will be provided for the following reserved category candidates.
- Candidates belongings to SC/ST.
- Outstanding sports person of National level who has obtained the 1st, 2nd and 3rd position at the open National and International Championship.
Wards of coast Guard Personnel who deceased while in service & in uniform.
- Ward of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service.
Exam Pattern for Indian Coast Guard Yantrik 01/2020
The exam consists of two parts where one is written exam whereas the other is Physical Fitness test. After the Physical Fitness test the initial medical examination is also carried out. The exam pattern is given below as follows.
- Mode of Exam: The mode of exam will be Objective type paper.
- Syllabus: The syllabus consists of the following subjects.
- Questions from their respective branch (Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics & Telecommunication)
- General Knowledge
Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
The physical fitness test consists of the following tasks.
- 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes.
- 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak).
- 10 Push ups.
Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard. The candidate have to pass the following medical standards.
- Height: Minimum height 157 cms. Reduction in height for candidates from hilly areas and tribal areas will be in accordance with the Central Govt. orders.
- Chest: Should be well proportioned. Minimum expansion 5 cms.
- Weight: Proportionate to height and age +10% acceptable.
- Hearing: Normal
- Fitness Level: No Cardio-vascular disease, surgical deformities like knock knee, flat feet etc. infection of ears, no history of fits or psychiatric ailment, varicose vein, under gone corrective surgery for eye sight etc are not eligible.
- Visual Standards: 6/24 without glasses and 6/9 & 6/12 with glasses for Better Eye and Worse Eye respectively.
- Tattoo(s): Permanent body tattoos are not permitted on any part of the body. However, certain concessions are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal areas communities as declared by the Govt. of India. For other candidates, permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand.
Test Centres for Indian Coast Guard Yantrik 01/2020
The details of examination test centres are given below. The candidates will be allowed to give preference for he choice of the exam city. Every effort will be made to provide the city of choice of the candidate. Howver in some case other exam centre may be allotted. The list of exam centres with complete details are given below.
- Mumbai – Coast Guard Regional Headquarters (West), Worli Sea Face PO, Worli Colony Mumbai – 30
- Chennai – Indian Coast Guard Store Depot, CG Complex, Near Kalmandapam Police Station, GM Pettai Road, Royapuram, Chennai -13
- Kolkata – Coast Guard Regional Headquarters (North East), Synthesis Business Park, 6th floor Shrachi Building, New Town Rajarhat, Kolkata, WB – 700 161
- Noida – Coast Guard Recruitment Centre, C-1, Phase-2, Industrial Area, Near Indus Valley Public School, Sector – 62, NOIDA, Uttar Pradesh – 201309
Selection Procedure for Indian Coast Guard Yantrik 01/2020
The selection is done in two stages viz written examination and then the physical fitness test followed by the medical examination. Form among all the candidates who have filled the form selection on the basis of score in qualifying examination will be done. Selected candidates will give the written test.
Written Test: The candidates will have to appear for written test on the venue mentioned on the admit card. The candidates have to bring along the following documents on the day of the written examination to be considered for the exam.
- Three copies of pre-filled e-admit card.
- Two copies of application form.
- Original Mark sheet and passing certificates of 10th class.
- Original mark sheet of all semesters and certificate of diploma
- Proof of identity such as passport, driving license, voter I card, Aadhar card, School/ college ID card or any other photo identity proof.
- Original caste certificate (if applicable) of their respective state issued by Tehsildar/ SDM/DM.
- Original Caste (if applicable)/ Income certificate for EWSs (Economically Weaker Sections) as per the Govt. of India format (No other format will be entertained) available on ICG website.
- Photo copies of all required documents self attested such as 10th class pass certificate and mark sheet, Diploma certificate and Mark sheets of all semester, caste certificate wherever required and sports certificate etc.
- Ten recent colour passport size identical photographs with Blue background
Note: The date of issue of all documents has to be 17 Aug 2019 or any date prior to 17 Aug 2019 (closing date of application).
Physical Standard Test: The candidates selected in written exam will be called for physical fitness test where they have to perform the specified test.
Medical Examination test: After the physical fitness test medical examination test will be carried out but this will be initial medical examination. Candidates will have to prove their medical fitness here and then again in the final medical test which will be conducted at INS Chilka. Final recruitment will be done after clearing the final medical examination test only.
Pay Scale and Promotion
The candidates who are selected will be paid Rs – 29200/- as basic pay, Rs – 6200/- as yantrik pay, Dearness Allowance and other allowances based on the nature of duty and place of posting as per the rules and regulations stated by the conducting authority.
Promotions: The selected candidates may get promoted upto the rank of Pradhan Sahayak Engineer with pay scale Rs – 47600/- plus Yantrik pay Rs – 6200/- with Dearness Allowance. Promotion to the next Rank and Officer cadre is subject to suitability and performance
Q. Is candidates eligible for reservation in Indian Coast Guard?
A. No, there is no reservation in Indian Coast Guard. There are no fixed seats for any category based on caste. Each candidate will have to go through the same selection process.
Q. Is there a provision of pension for Indian Coast Guard?
A. The Indian Coast Guard comes under the jurisdiction of ministry of defense so the personnels are enrolled with National Pension Scheme.
Q. What is difference between Navy and Coast Guard?
A. Navy is part of Department of Defense, while the Coast Guard comes under the Department of Homeland Security.
Official Website: joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
For more information regarding Indian Coast Guard Yantrik 01/2020 Download Notification.