Indian Navy 10+2 B.Tech Entry Jan 2019 – The Indian Navy has called in applications from students desirous of seeking admission in its four-year 10+2 B.Tech Cadet Entry Scheme effective from Jan 2019 course. The advertisement for the same was issued by Indian Navy in Jun 2018 and applications were rolled out from Jun 02, 2018. The shortlisting of candidates will strictly be based on JEE Main 2018 All India Rank. Candidates are to note that entrance will not depend on their PCM Percentage of class XIIth. Therefore, all the interested candidates should have appeared for the JEE Main 2018 exam. Candidates can get all the details regarding Indian Navy 10+2 B.Tech Cadet Entry Jul 2018 from this page.
Indian Navy 10+2 BTech Entry Jan 2019
Indian Navy invites application from unmarried candidates meeting the conditions of nationality as laid by the Indian Govt. so as to join the dignified Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala for a 4-year degree course under the 10+2 (B Tech) Cadet Entry Scheme. Candidates are hereby advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying for the course Also, for a more detailed understanding concerning Indian Navy Cadet Entry Scheme dates, one can check the schedule given below.
|Indian Navy 10+2 BTech Entry Jan 2019||Important Dates|
|Date of commencement of online application||02 Jun 2018|
|Last date for online submission||21 Jun 2018|
|SSB Schedule for Interview of shortlisted candidates||Jul-Oct 2018|
|Commencement of training session||Jan 2019|
Desirous candidates before applying for Indian Navy Cadet Entry Scheme 2019 must thoroughly check their eligibility and should also meet the requisites so as to have their application deemed valid for the same. The detailed eligibility criteria is given below, one can check it for clear understanding:
- Candidates born between 02 Jan 1999 and 01 Jul 2002 (both dates inclusive) can apply for the exam.
- Candidate must be an unmarried male fulfilling the conditions of Nationality as per the Govt. of India.
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent exam from a recognized board with at least 70% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) and at least 50% marks in English (either in Class X or Class XII).
- Candidate must have a minimum height of 157 cms with compatible weight to age.
- Candidate must have the minimum acceptable vision standards of 6/6, 6/9 for distant vision, correctable to 6/6 or 6/6 with glasses.
- Candidate should not be color or night blind.
- Candidate must not have permanent tattoos on any part of the body except on the inner side of the forearm and the reverse side of palm/back side of the hand. Certain concessions are allowed for candidates belonging to tribal communities or tribal areas as declared by the Government of India.
The availability of Application Form for Indian Navy 2019 B.Tech Cadet Entry Scheme was in online mode only. Candidates had to attain the same in the form e-application. In order to apply firstly, candidates had to register and fill the e-application on the recruitment website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in from 02 Jun to 21 Jun 2018. There were a few instructions which candidates have to keep in mind while applying for Indian Navy 2019 Cadet Entry Scheme (B.Tech).
- A simplified application procedure using Aadhaar number used by the candidates.
- Candidates must note that it is important for them to have mobile number and address linked with the Aadhaar number.
- Online (e-application):- While filling up the e-application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents ready beforehand to enable correct filling up of personal particulars.
IHQ of MoD (Navy) has the right to fix cut-off for shortlisting the application for SSB based on JEE (Main) All India Rank- 2018. No further communication will be entertained under this account. SSB interviews for shortlisted candidates will be scheduled at Bangalore / Bhopal / Coimbatore / Visakhapatnam from Jul-Oct 2018.
SSC Interview procedure for Join Indian Navy 10+2 BTech Entry Jan 2019 Through JEE Main 2018 is given below.
- Candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB through E-mail or SMS.
- SSB Interview will be conducted in two stages-
- Stage I– It will consist of Intelligence Test, Picture Perfection Test, and Group Discussion. Candidates who failed on stage I will not be allowed to appear in Stage II of SSB and will be sent back home same day.
- Stage II– It will consist of Psychological Testing, Group Testing, and Interview. Candidates who qualify Stage II of SSB will go through Medical Examination.
Candidates recommended by the SSBs should adhere to the said points in order to have a clear understanding for Indian Navy 2019 Cadet Entry Scheme.
- Candidates must be declared medically fit.
- Selection of candidates for training in Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala, Kerala, will be based on All India Merit and number of vacancies.
- All India Merit will be prepared as per SSB marks.
- Selected Candidates will be inducted as Cadets for the four year B. Tech Course in applied Electronics & Communication Engineering (for Executive Branch), Mechanical Engineering (for Engineering Branch including Naval Architect specialization) or Electronics & Communication Engineering (for Electrical Branch) as per Naval requirements.
- On completion of the course, B. Tech Degree will be awarded by the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU).
Pay Scale and Privileges
Applicants seeking admission under Indian Navy 10+2 BTech Entry Jan 2019 through JEE Main 2018, should know that there are various privileges provided post joining of the same. Below, a structured understanding of actual pay scale and privileges, as per last year, is mentioned as follows:
Pay Scale & Promotions: The promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis subject to completion of mandatory course, sea time and medical condition. The Pay Scale and promotion criteria are given as follows:-
The promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis subject to completion of mandatory course, sea time, and medical condition.
Cost to Company (CTC)
Candidates must note that the CTC for a Sub Lieutenant would be approximately Rs. 83,448/- to Rs. 96,204/- per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowance (HRA 24%/16%/08% as per classification of cities) and Transport allowance.
Candidates applying are informed, as notified by the governing body, that in addition to the CTC mentioned above, Navy provides free medical facilities and canteen facilities for self & dependents, mess/club/sports facilities, furnished Govt. accommodation, car/housing loan at subsidised rates.
Group Insurance & Gratuity
Insurance cover of Rs. 75 lakhs (on contribution) and gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in force.
Officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year (subject to service exigencies). Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in force. Officers are also entitled 40% rail concession to any place and leave travel concessions (as per extant rules) for self and dependents.
Sports & Adventure
The Navy provides facilities for various sports. In addition, one can also learn and participate in adventure sports such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hand gliding, windsurfing etc.
Official Website: www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
For more information, download the Official Advertisement.