Join Indian Navy 10+2 B.Tech Entry Jul 2018 – The Indian Navy has released the notification that effective from July 2018 course, for which the advertisement has been issued in Nov 2017; the shortlisting of candidates for 10+2 B.Tech Cadet Entry will be based on JEE Main 2017 All India Rank and not PCM Percentage of class XIIth. Therefore, all the interested candidates would have appeared for the JEE Main 2017 exam. Candidates can get all the details regarding Indian Navy 10+2 B.Tech Cadet Entry Jul 2018 from this page.
Join Indian Navy 10+2 B.Tech Entry Jul 2018
Applications are invited from UNMARRIED MALE CANDIDATES to join the prestigious Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala for a 4 year degree course under the 10+2 (B Tech) Cadet Entry Scheme. Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying for the course.
|Date of Commencement of online application||11 Nov 2017|
|Last date for online submission of application||30 Nov 2017|
|Schedule of SSB Interview for shortlisted candidates||Feb-Apr 2018|
|Commence of training||Jul 2018|
Eligibility Criteria for Join Indian Navy 10+2 BTech Entry Jan 2018 Through JEE Main 2017 is given below.
- Candidates born between 02 Jan 1999 and 01 Jul 2001 (both dates inclusive) can apply for the exam.
- Candidate must be an unmarried male fulfilling the conditions of Nationality as per the Government of India.
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent exam from a recognized board with at least 70% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) and at least 50% marks in English (either in Class X or Class XII).
- Candidate must have a minimum height of 157 cms with compatible weight to age.
- Candidate must have the minimum acceptable vision standards of 6/6, 6/9 for distant vision, correctable to 6/6 or 6/6 with glasses.
- Candidate should not be color or night blind.
- Candidate must not have permanent tattoos on any part of the body except on the inner side of the forearm and the reverse side of palm/back side of the hand. Certain concessions are allowed for candidates belonging to tribal communities or tribal areas as declared by the Government of India.
IHQ of MoD reserves the right to fix cut off for shortlisting the application for SSB based on JEE (Main) All India Rank- 2017. No communication will be entertained on this account. SSB interviews for shortlisted candidates will be scheduled at Bangalore / Bhopal / Coimbatore / Visakhapatnam from Feb – Apr 18.
SSC Interview procedure for Join Indian Navy 10+2 BTech Entry Jan 2018 Through JEE Main 2017 is given below.
- Candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB through E-mail or SMS.
- SSB Interview will be conducted in two stages-
- Stage I– It will consist of Intelligence Test, Picture Perfection Test, and Group Discussion. Candidates who failed on stage I will not be allowed to appear in Stage II of SSB and will be sent back home same day.
- Stage II– It will consist of Psychological Testing, Group Testing, and Interview. Candidates who qualify Stage II of SSB will go through Medical Examination.
The training is scheduled to commence in Jul 2018.
Candidates recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit, will be selected for training in Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala, Kerala based on All India Merit and on the number of vacancies. All India Merit will be prepared as per SSB marks. Selected Candidates will be inducted as Cadets for four year B. Tech course in applied Electronics & Communication Engineering (for Executive Branch), Mechanical Engineering (for Engineering Branch including Naval Architect specialisation) or Electronics & Communication Engineering (for Electrical Branch) as per Naval requirements. On completion of the course, B. Tech Degree will be awarded by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU).
Note: – The entire cost of training, including books and reading material, will be borne by the Indian Navy. The cadets will also be provided with free clothing and messing.
Pay Scale and Related Details
Join Indian Navy 10+2 BTech Entry Jan 2018 Through JEE Main 2017, actual pay scale and related details are given below.
Pay Scale & Promotions: The promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis subject to completion of mandatory course, sea time and medical condition. The Pay Scale and promotion criteria is as follows:-
Allowances (as applicable)-
The rates of allowances applicable to officers are as follows:-
Cost to Company (CTC)- The CTC for a Sub Lieutenant would be approximately Rs. 83,448/- to Rs. 96,204/- per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowance (HRA 24%/16%/08% as per classification of cities) and Transport allowance.
Privileges- In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Navy provides Free Medical Facilities and Canteen Facilities for Self & dependents, Mess/Club/Sports Facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Car/Housing Loan at subsidised rates.
Group Insurance & Gratuity- Insurance cover of Rs. 75 lakhs (on contribution) and gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in force.
Leave Entitlements- Officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year (subject to service exigencies). Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in force. They are also entitled 40% rail concession to any place and leave travel concessions (as per extant rules) for self and dependents.
Sports & Adventure- The Navy provides facilities for various sports. In addition, one can also learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hand gliding, wind surfing etc.
Click here for Oficial Notification.