Indian Navy MR 2020 – The Indian Navy has released result of ndian Navy MR 2020 at official website, joinindiannavy.gov.in. Candidates can check the result through candidates dashboard. Also, the admit card for PFT is now available. Indian Navy MR 2020 was held September 16 to 21, 2019 for Matric Recruit (MR) April 2020 batch for enrollment as sailors for 400 vacancies. If you dream to become a sailor and join Indian Navy, then Indian Navy MR recruitment is the perfect opportunity. Know all about Indian Navy MR 2020 including exam date, online form, pattern, syllabus, and more details from this page.
Indian Navy MR 2020
Indian Navy MR 2020 is a Computer Based Test (CBT), followed by Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and Medical Standards Test. Refer to the table below to know the schedule of Indian Navy MR Recruitment 2020.
|Indian Navy MR Recruitment April 2020 batch||Important Dates|
|Notification released on||19 Jul 2019|
|Commencement of online application form filling||26 Jul 2019|
|Last date to apply online||01 Aug 2019|
|Release ofAdmit Card||12 – 21 Sep 2019|
|Online exam||16 -21 Sep 2019|
|Declaration of result||15 Oct 2019|
|Issuance of Merit List||21 Feb 2020|
Indian Navy MR Admit Card 2020
All candidates who apply as per guidelines of Join Indian Navy MR 2020, can get call letter for exam. Admit card can be downloaded from one week before exam at joinindiannavy.gov.in. Admit cards will not be sent by post. Admit card is available on candidate’s dashboard. Candidate needs to carry admit card on the day of examination.
Indian Navy MR Recruitment 2020
Selection criteria for Indian Navy MR recruitment 2020 is on basis of state wise merit of performance in computer based exam, followed by qualifying physical fitness test and medical exam.
Computer Based Examination
Indian Navy conducts a computer based exam for Matric Recruitment. Key features of the exam will be as follows.
|Mode of exam||CBT|
|Total number of questions||50|
|Marks for each question||01|
|Language of question paper||Hindi, English|
|Type of questions||Multiple choice questions|
|Sections in paper||
(1) Science and Mathematics|
(2) General Knowledge
|Standard of exam||Class 10 syllabus|
|Sample paper||Click here to download|
Physical Fitness Test
This is qualifying in nature. Indian Navy MR 2020 PFT consists of following
- 1.6 Km run in 7 minutes
- 20 squat ups
- 10 push ups
It is desirable to have proficiency in sports, swimming, extra curricular activities.
Authorized military doctors will perform medical standards test for Indian Navy MR 2020. Candidates will have to clear all requirements applicable to Indian Navy Sailors Entry.
- Minimum height should be 157 cms.
- Chest and weight should be proportional. Minimum chest expansion should be 5 cms.
- Candidate should be in good health physically as well as mentally. There should be no such defect that would affect performance of duties ashore and afloat, and also in war conditions as per Navy Order (Special) 01/2008.
- First there will be a preliminary medical exam. then final enrolment medical exam will be at INS Chilka. If anyone is found medically unfit and they want to appeal, they can do so within 21 days to INHS Kalyani, Visakhapatnam.
- Ears should be cleaned for wax.
|Requirement||Without glasses||With glasses|
Tattoos: Only allowed on inner face of forearms.
Indian Navy MR Syllabus
If you have set your sights on getting entry as a sailor in Indian Navy through MR recruitment 2020, then you should prepare for computer based exam as per syllabus. Syllabus for exam is as follows.
Section A – Science and Mathematics Syllabus
- Nature of Matter, Universe (Planets/ Earth/ Satellites/ Sun), Electricity and its applications
- Force and Gravitation, Newton’s Laws Of Motion, Work, Energy and Power
- Heat, Temperature, metals and NonMetals, Carbon and its Compounds, Measurements in Science, Sound & Wave Motion, Atomic Structure
- Mathematical Simplification, Ratio and Proportion, Algebraic Identities, Linear Equations and Polynomials, Simultaneous Equations, Basic Trigonometry
- Simple Mensuration, Geometry, Measures of Central Tendency (Average, Median and Mode)
- Interest, Profit, Loss and Percentage, Work, Time, Speed and Distance
Section B – General Knowledge Syllabus
- Geography: Soil, Rivers, Mountains, Ports, Inland, Harbours
- Culture and Religion, Freedom Movement, Important National Facts about India, Heritage, Arts and Dance
- History, Defence, Wars and neighbours, Awards and Authors, Discoveries, Diseases and Nutrition
- Current Affairs, Languages, Capitals and Currencies, Common Names, Full Forms and Abbreviations
- Eminent Personalities, National : Bird/Animal/Sport/Flower/Anthem/ Song/Flag/Monuments
- Sports : Championships / Winners/ Terms/ Number of Players
There are 3 ways to join Indian Navy – as Officers, Sailors, Civilian. Through MR Recruit, you can join as a sailor with following job specifications.
Chef: To prepare food (veg as well as non-veg), ration accounting.
Steward: Serve food in officers mess was waiter, housekeeping, fund accounting, menu preparation, ration accounting, wines and stores.
Hygienist: Clean shower spaces, washroom, other areas.
Each profile may also be allotted other work as per service requirement.
Pay and Perquisites
As a sailor in Indian Navy through MR recruitment April 2020, you will be eligible for following pay, allowances, promotion. Also, there will be some benefits.
|Pay and allowances during training||Rs 14,600 per month|
|Pay and allowances after training||Level 3 of Defence Pay Matrix (Rs 21,700 – Rs 69,100) + MSP @ Rs 5,200 pm + DA|
|Promotion||Prospects upto Master Chief Petty Officer I entitled to Level 8 of Defence Pay Matrix (Rs 47,600 – Rs 69,100) + MSP @ Rs 5,200 pm + DA|
– Sailors get books, reading material, uniform, food, accommodation.|
– They also get group housing benefits, leave travel concession for self and dependents, medical treatment.
– Sailors also get annual and casual leave, house rent allowance, children education.
– Post retirement benefit of pension, gratuity, leave encashment.
|Insurance cover||Rs 50,00,000|
Indian Navy MR 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should satisfy following criteria in order to be eligible for Indian Navy MR April 2020 batch.
Educational qualification: Class 10 / Matriculation passed.
Marital status: Unmarried.
Gender: Only male candidates can apply.
Age Limit: Born between 01 Apr 2000 to 31 Mar 2003 (Both dates inclusive).
Indian Navy MR Online Form 2020
Indian Navy invites online applications from eligible candidates for MR recruitment April 2020 batch. Candidates should apply as per schedule above. Important things to keep in mind while applying are as follows.
Things to keep ready before applying
- Class 10 certificate
- Class 10 mark sheet
How to apply?
- Indian Navy MR application form 2020 can only be filled at joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- Go to official website and register.
- Then login with registered email ID and click on current opportunities.
- Then click on apply button.
- After that enter all details asked in form.
- To fill MR online form, documents such as original certificates, mark sheets, Domicile certificate and NCC certificate (if held) have to be uploaded.
- Submit form before last date passes.
Photograph specification: It should be of good quality with blue background!
You need to pay following examination fee amount with application form via Visa/ Master/ RuPay Credit/ Debit Card/ UPI.
- SC, ST are exempted from any fee
- Rs 205 for all others
Candidates can also apply from Common Services Centres (CSC) that are available at different places in India by paying Rs 60 + GST also.
- You can select any two locations for online exam.
- Although fee concession is there for SC/ST, there is no reservation.
- There is no option for fee refund.
- If you have paid application fee for Indian Navy MR 2020, and successful payment is not reflected, then login to dashboard within 1 working day and check final status. If payment status is displayed as failed, then money gets automatically refunded to account.
Indian Navy MR Result 2020
On basis of performance in computer based test, results will be announced around 30 days after exam. 1600 Candidates are called for PFT and medical exam. Cut off for MR entry varies from state to state.
Appeal by medically unfit declared: Those who are declared permanent medically unfit in preliminary recruitment medical can appeal for specialist opinion in Military Hospital by paying Rs 40 by Military Receivable Order (MRO) on Government Treasury within 21 days. Only Medical fitness certificate of specialist opinion in Military Hospital will be considered.
Indian Navy MR Merit List 2020: After PFT, state wise merit list is published indicating candidates who have passed PFT and preliminary recruitment medical exam.
Tie breaking: If two or more candidates get same marks in computer based exam, then candidate with higher percentage in class 10th gets better position.
Indian Navy: Basic Organization, Ranks
The Indian Navy safeguards our country by being a cohesive force that can skillfully protect on and under ocean surface. CNS or Chief of Naval Staff, with assistance of VCNS or Vice Chief of Naval Staff, DCNS or Deputy Chief of Naval Staff, COP or Chief of Personnel, COM or Chief of Material, controls Indian Navy on operational and administrative basis.
Commands of Indian Navy
- Western Naval Command: Headquarters in Mumbai; operational command exercising control over operations in Arabian Sea.
- Eastern Naval Command: Headquarters in Vishakhapatnam; operational command exercising control over operations in Bay of Bengal.
- Southern Naval Command: Headquarters in Kochi, training command.
Other important assets
- Western Fleet in Mumbai
- Eastern Fleet in Vishakhapatnam
- Flotilla in Mumbai, Vishakhapatnam, Port Blair
- Naval ships
Ranks of Officers
- Vice Admiral
- Rear Admiral
- Lieutenant Commander
- Sub Lieutenant
Ranks of Sailors
- Master Chief Petty Officer Ist Class
- Master Chief Petty Officer IInd Class
- Chief Petty Officer
- Petty Officer
- Leading Rate
- Seaman Ist Class
- Seaman Second Class
Official Website: joinindiannavy.gov.in
For more information on Indian Navy MR 2020, check the notification.
If you have any queries about Indian Navy MR 2020, then please ask in comments below.