The Indian Navy has released notification for eligible candidates (Unmarried Male candidates) to fill the Stewards, Chefs, and hygienists for MR – Oct 2018 batch which will be commencing on Oct 2018. Candidates can fill their Application form from the official website. All the candidates are required to read the complete instruction carefully before filling the Application form. Candidates can check the complete information of Indian Navy Matric Recruitment (MR) 2018 like application process, eligibility criteria, admit card process, selection process etc through this page below.
- The Admit Card has been released, download it from the “Admit Card” page link given in quick links.
- The Merit List For 01/2018 has been released, check it from the “Result” page link given below.
- The Appointment Letter has been released, check it from the “Result ” page link given below.
Indian Navy Matric Recruit (MR) 2018
|Online application form submission starts from||04 Dec 2017|
|Last date to apply online submission of application form||17 Dec 2017|
|Last date to apply online MR(Chef/Steward/Hygienist) – 10/2018 (Sailors)||20 Dec 2017|
|Availability of Admit Card||22 Feb 2018|
|Date of Written Examination||As per Admit Card|
|Display of Merit list||24 Aug 2018|
|Training commences from||Oct 2018|
Name of the Posts
Pay & Allowances – During the initial training period, a stipend of Rs. 14,600/- per month will be admissible. On successful completion of initial training, they will be placed in Level 3 of the Defense Pay Matrix (₹ 21,700- ₹69,100). In addition, they will be paid MSP @ ₹ 5200/- per month plus DA (as applicable).
Age Limit – Candidates should be born between 01 Oct 1997 to 30 Sep 2001 (Both dates inclusive).
Indian Navy Matric Recruit (MR) 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidate must have passed Matriculation Examination or equivalent from a recognized Board.
- Chef – They would be required to prepare food as per menu (both vegetarian and non-vegetarian including handling of meat products) and accounting of ration. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties as per Service requirement.
- Steward – They would be required to serve food in the officers messes, as waiters, housekeeping, accounting of funds, wine and stores, preparation of menu etc. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties as per Service requirement.
- Hygienist – They will be required to maintain hygiene in washrooms and other areas. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties as per Service requirement.
Indian Navy Matric Recruit (MR) 2018 Exam Details
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type.
- The question paper will comprise of two sections i.e. Science & Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- Duration of examination will be 45 minutes.
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- Qualifying in Physical Fitness Test is mandatory for selection.
- PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squats (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
Advisory: Proficiency in sports, swimming and extra-curricular activities is desirable.
Medical examination will be conducted by authorized military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry. Minimum height 157 cm. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum Chest expansion of 5 cm. Height may be relaxed for Tribal candidates as per the prevailing regulations.The candidate must be in good physical and mental health, free from any defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions as per Navy Order (Special) 01/2008. Extract of the Navy Order can be accessed from the official recruitment website.Initial Medical Examination for recruitment will be considered only ‘Provisionally fit subject to fitness in the final medical examination’. Final Medical Examination of all selected candidates will be done at INS Chilka. Candidates who are found medically fit at final medical examination will be enrolled for training.
Note:- Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to the examination.
Visual StandardsNote:- Applicants declared Permanent medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Navy are advised not to apply. Indian Navy Matric Recruit (MR) 2018 Selection Process of recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in Written Test, qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations.
Candidates qualifying in the written examination are only eligible for Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations.Indian Navy Matric Recruit (MR) 2018 General Instructions All original certificates, mark sheets and NCC certificate (if held) and Call up Letter-cum Admit Cards (CLACs) are to be produced at the time of written examination. If the details provided in ‘online application’ are not matching with original documents, your candidature will be cancelled.Results of the Written Test will be announced on the same day and those who qualify written test will undergo PFT and Recruitment Medical Examination (Preliminary), which may take 1-2 days.Candidates declared Temporary Medically Unfit in the initial recruitment medical could avail specialist review from the specified Military Hospital within a maximum period of 21 days. No further review/ appeal is permissible if declared unfit in the specialist review.
Candidates declared Permanent Medically unfit in the recruitment medical can appeal for specialist opinion in a Military Hospital on payment of Rs 40/- by Military Receivable Order (MRO) on Government Treasury within 21 days. Medical fitness certificate other than that of the specialist opinion in a Military Hospital will not be considered. No further review/ appeal is permissible.The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the final select list cannot claim admission for the next batch. These candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided that they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch. No inquiry will be entertained regarding recruitment/ enrollment after a period of six months.
|Type of Entry||Without Glasses||With Glasses|
|Better eye||Worse eye||Better eye||Worse eye|
|Chefs / Stewards||6/36||6/36||6/9||6/12|
For further information download the Information Brochure.