Indian Navy SSR (01/2018) Recruitment 2018 – The Indian Navy has released notification for Unmarried Male Candidates for enrolment as sailors for Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) – Feb 2018 Batch course commencing from February 2018. Those who want to participate or join Indian Navy have to fill the Indian Navy SSR Recruitment 2018 (01/2018) Application Form.
All the candidates who are eligible and satisfy with the eligibility criteria given below can check all the details of Indian Navy SSR (01/2018) Recruitment 2018 like application form process, eligibility criteria, selection criteria and other important information on this page below.
Latest – Admit Card for Indian Navy SSR 01/2018 has been released.
Note: Results of the examination will be announced on the same day and those who qualify examination will undergo PFT and Recruitment Medical Examination (Preliminary), which may take 1-2 days.
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Admit Card||Click Here|
Indian Navy SSR (01/2018) Recruitment 2018
Interested candidates can apply for Indian Navy Recruitment 2018 for Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) – 01/2018 as per schedule date mentioned below. Before going to apply candidates must read all the details carefully. Official website of Join Indian Navy is www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
Age Limit – Candidates should have been born between 01 Feb 1997 to 31 Jan 2001 (Both dates inclusive).
Educational Qualification –
Qualified in 10+2/ equivalent examination with Maths & Physics and at least one of these subjects – Chemistry/Biology/Computer science.
Selection Procedure – Candidates will be selected for Indian Navy SSR (01/2018) Recruitment 2018 on the basis of the order of merit on their performance in Written Test, qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations.
How to apply – Candidates are to fill in ‘e-application’ (Online) from 22 May 2017.
|Application form commence from||22 May 2017|
|Last date of Online Application Form||04 Jun 2017|
|Availability of Call Letter||29 Aug 2017|
|Recruitment Written Test||As per Admit Card|
|Date of Result||same day of written test|
|Selection List for 01/2018 – Feb Batch||21 Dec 2017|
|Selection List for 02/2017 – Aug Batch||23 Jun 2017|
Indian Navy SSR (01/2018) Recruitment 2018 – Eligibility Criteria
- Qualified in 10+2 / equivalent examination with Maths & Physics and at least one of these subjects – Chemistry / Biology / Computer science.
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT) will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standards prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
- Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum chest expansion of 5 cms.
- The candidates must be in good physical and mental health, free from any detect likely to interface with the efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions as per Navy Officer (Special) 01/2008.
- Initial medical Examination for recruitment will be considered only “Provisionally fit subject to fitness in the final medical examination”. Final Medical Examination of all selected candidates will be done at INS Chilka. Candidates who are not found medically fit in the final medical examination at INS Chilka, will not be enrolled for training. No “Appeal” is permitted for review after the final enrolment medical examination at INS Chilka.
Note : Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax, and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.
|Without Glasses||With Glasses|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
Note : Applicants declared Permanent medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Navy are advised not to apply.
Indian Navy SSR (01/2018) Recruitment 2018 – Exam Pattern
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type.
- The question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- The question paper will be 10+2 standard and the syllabus for the examination is available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- Duration of examination will be one hour.
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate.
Indian Navy SSR (01/2018) Recruitment 2018 – Selection Process
Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in Written Test, qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations.
The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only Qualified candidates whose name do not appear in the merit list cannot claim admission for the next batch. These candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
All select listed candidates reporting at INS Chilka for final medical and enrolment, are to produce the self-attested certificates submitted at the time of submitting the application, along with the original certificates. If the details provided during application stage are not matching with the original certificates, the candidature will be cancelled.
All select listed candidates will also be forwarded Police Verification form along with the Call Letter for final medical examination. The candidates will be required to submit the same authorities. Candidates without the verified police verification reports/reports with adverse comments will not be eligible for enrolment. The format for the police verification form can also be downloaded from the website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in immediately after the declaration of the select list, to ensure timely verification.