|UPES Dehradun Admission 2018||Apply Here!|
|Times Group Bennett University||Apply Here!|
|NMIMS NPAT 2018||Apply Here!|
JKPSC KAS 2017 – JKPSC has released notification for permanent residents of the Jammu and Kashmir State for admission to the J&K KAS Main Exam 2017. J&K Public Service Commission conducts JKPSC KAS to fill up the posts in the pay scale of Rs. 9300-34800 with grade pay Rs. 4800 in Services referred by the General Administration Department. Candidates who have qualified the J&K Combined Competitive (Prelims) Examination, 2016-17 are eligible to apply for main exam. The complete detail of JKPSC Combined Competitive Examination 2016-17 such as application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern etc. are given on this page.
JKPSC KAS – Combined Competitive Examination 2016 – 2017
The Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission has released notification for filling up 277 various vacancies of (1) Junior Scale of J&K Administrative Service, (2) J&K Police (Gazetted) Service; and (3) J&K Accounts (Gazetted) Service. JKPSC conducts the KAS Preliminary and Main Examination for the posts listed above as per the following schedule.
Schedule for the JKPSC KAS Examination (Main) 2016-17 is given below.
|Date of commencement of submission of online applications||28 Aug 2017|
|Last Date for receipt/submission of online applications||15 Sep 2017|
|Last Date for submission of fee (through Bank Challan)||18 Sep 2017|
|Main Exam Admit Card||02 Feb 208|
|Date of Commencement of Main Examination||
15 Feb -08 Mar 2018
14 Mar 2018 (GS)
17 Mar 2018 (English)
JKPSC KAS Vacancy Details
Service and Category wise breakup of the vacancies is as under –
|Junior Scale of J&K Administrative Service||153||54||23||25||08||06||269|
|J&K Police (G) Service||—||01||01||—||—||—||02|
|J&K Accounts (G) Service||02||02||—||01||01||—||06|
*10 posts in the Junior Scale of KAS and 01 post in J&K Accounts (G) are earmarked for selection of Physically Challenged Candidates through Horizontal Reservation in accordance with Govt. Order No. 62-SW of 2001 dated 13.03.2001 read with Govt. Order No.108-SW of 2013 dated 01 Apr 2013 and Combined Competitive Examination Rules, 2008.
JKPSC KAS Eligibility Conditions
The conditions of eligibility for JKPSC Combined Competitive (Main) Examination 2016-17 are as follows.
- He/she should have qualified the Combined Competitive (Preliminary) Examination, 2016.
- He/she must be a permanent resident of J&K State; and he/she must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University in India or from a Foreign University declared by Government in consultation with the Commission to be equivalent to a degree of a recognized University.
- Further, a candidate shall have to provide a proof to the effect that he/she had appeared fully in the requisite examination on or before the last date for filing/submission of Application Form for Preliminary Examination viz. up to 05.12.2016 and has qualified the said Examination at the time of filing the online Application Form for the Main Examination. In case he or she fails to do so, he or she, as the case may be, shall not be admitted to the Main Examination.
The conditions of eligibility for JKPSC Combined Competitive (Preliminary) Examination 2016-17 are as follows.
State : Candidate must be a permanent resident of the J&K State.
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University in India or from a Foreign University declared by Government in consultation with the Commission to be equivalent to a degree of a recognized University.
- Further, the candidate(s) who have appeared in the bachelors degree examination in 2016, shall have to provide a proof to the effect that he/she had appeared fully in the required examination on or before the last date for filing/submission of Application Form for Preliminary Examination and had qualified the said Examination at the time of filing up the online Application Form for the Main Examination, failing which, such candidates shall not be admitted to the Main Examination.
Age Criteria –
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years but must not have crossed the age of 35 years (in case of OM candidates) on 1st January 2016 i.e. a candidate must have been born not earlier than 01.01.1981 and not later than 01 Jan 1995.
- The upper age limit in case of following shall, however, be 37 years again reckonable with reference to 01 Jan 2016 –
- (a) Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Socially and Educationally Backward Classes;
- (b) Candidates holding a civil post in the State in a substantive capacity.
- The upper age limit for physically challenged candidates is 38 years irrespective of the category to which such a candidate belongs.
- Provided further that a candidate who has completed two years service in substantive capacity to be certified by his Head of Department shall alone be eligible to claim the benefit of upper age limit under clause (b) above.
Note: Two years of service for the above purpose will be determined on 01.01.2016, as 1st January is relevant for purpose of determination of the age in the services.
Provided further that candidates in respect of J&K Police (Gazetted) Service should possess the following physical standards also, namely:
|For Males||For Females|
|Height||165 cm||150 cm|
|Chest girth (min)||84 cm||79 cm|
|Expansion||5 cm||5 cm|
|For Candidates from Leh/ Kargil|
|Height||160 cm||145 cm|
|Chest girth (min)||79 cm||79 cm|
|Expansion||5 cm||5 cm|
Provided also that the candidate(s) already holding a civil post in the State shall submit their hard copy of the downloaded online application(s) through their respective Heads of Office to the Commission and in case the Commission receives intimation for with holding permission from the employer, in respect of a candidate who has applied for or is appearing in the Combined Competitive Examination his/her application shall be rejected and has been candidature shall be cancelled. Such a candidate may, however, be allowed to appear in the examination as a fresh candidate subject to the condition that the said candidate is otherwise eligible under rules.
Explanation: The expression “Civil post in the State” mentioned above means a post in any departmental service under the State and includes the posts in the High Court of J&K and the J&K State Legislature”.
JKPSC KAS Selection Process
The examination shall consist of two successive stages:-
- Combined Competitive (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type) for the selection of candidates for the main examination; and
- Combined Competitive (Main) Examination (written and interview) for the selection of candidates for the various services and posts.
The preliminary examination consisted of two papers of objective type (multiple choice questions) and carry 450 marks in the subjects. This examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. The marks obtained in the preliminary examination shall count only for short-listing of the candidates for the Main Examination.
Subject to the minimum qualifying marks as may be fixed by the Commission at its discretion, the number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination shall be, as far as practicable, 1/3 rd of the total number of candidates who appeared in the preliminary examination or twenty five times the total number of vacancies to be filled in the various services and posts, whichever be lower”.
The Main Examination shall consist of a written test and an interview. The written test shall consist of question papers of descriptive type, out of which one paper shall be of qualifying nature only, from the subjects.
Candidates who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in written part of the Main Examination as may be fixed by the Commission in any or all the papers at their discretion shall be summoned by them for interview.
Note : The interview test is intended to judge the mental caliber of a candidate. In broad terms, this is really an assessment of not only his intellectual qualities but also social traits and his interest in current affairs. Some of the qualities to be judged are mental alertness, critical powers of assimilation, clear and logical expositions, balance of judgement, variety and depth of interest, ability for social cohesion and leadership, intellectual and moral integrity.
A candidate who fails to secure such minimum number of marks as are fixed by the Commission in their discretion in more than one subject shall not be eligible to be called for interview.
Centre of Examination
- The Examination will be held at different centres located at Anantnag, Baramulla, Doda, Jammu, Kargil, Leh, Rajouri and Srinagar districts for which a candidates shall exercise an option.
- Option for allotment of centre once exercised by a candidate shall be final and shall not be subject to any change at any cost.
- The Commission may, however, at its discretion allot a different centre to a candidate where circumstances so warrant.
Marks thus obtained by the candidates in the Main Examination (written part as well as interview) would determine the final order of merit. Candidates shall be allotted to the various services keeping in view their inter-se merit in the examination and the preferences expressed by them for the various services and posts.
The allotment of candidates to various services shall be made by the Commission.
JKPSC KAS Syllabus 2016
If above window does not load, Click here to view/ download the JKPSC Combined Competitive Examination Pattern & Syllabus.