JKPSC KAS 2021: The Jammu & Kashmir Public Service Commission (JKPSC) has released the JKPSC KAS 2021 Notification online at jkpsc.nic.in. As per the notice, JKPSC KAS 2021 Application Form will be available from March 11, 2021 onwards. Eligible candidates can submit online applications for 187 JKPSC KAS vacancies. The Commission selects eligible applicants through a Combined Competitive Exam held in two stages viz. preliminary and main (written and Interview) exam. The preliminary exam is tentatively scheduled to be held on July 11, 2021 and mains is scheduled for October 04, 2021. Get all the latest updates and information about JKPSC KAS 2021 here on this page.
Latest: JKPSC KAS Notification 2021 is now available. Get the direct link below.
JKPSC KAS 2021
Every candidate appearing for the exam gets 06 attempts at the JKPSC KAS exam. To know about the schedule of JKPSC KAS 2021, check out the dates table below.
|Release of official notice||26 Feb 2021|
|Start of online application||11 Mar 2021|
|Last date to apply||12 Apr 2021|
|Form Correction||14 to 16 Apr 2021|
|Admit card release||To be announced!|
|Date of Prelims||11 July 2021|
|Release of Answer key||To be announced!|
|Result declaration (prelims)||To be announced!|
|Date of Mains||04 Oct 2021|
Overview of JKPSC KAS
Regarded as one of the most important and popular government recruitment exams in the state of Jammu & Kashmir, the JKPSC KAS 2021 exam is conducted for recruitment not only into the administrative services of the state but also in the police and accounts services in gazetted posts. Here is a brief overview of the JKPSC KAS 2021 exam before going into more intricate details of the exam.
|Name of Exam||Jammu & Kashmir Combined Services Competitive Exam|
|Conducting Body||Jammu & Kashmir Public Service Commission|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Last Conducted in||2017|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
JKPSC KAS 2021 Notification
The official notification for the JKPSC KAS exam is now available. Aspirants can refer to the snapshot below to download the notification.
JKPSC KAS 2021 Vacancies
As per the recent notification, JKPSC has announced 187 vacancies for JKPSC KAS 2021 Exam. Earlier, the conducting body announced 257 vacancies for the recruitment.
JKPSC KAS 2021 Eligibility Conditions
The Commission specifies some minimum conditions to be met by applicants in order to be eligible to apply for JKPSC KAS 2021. One must match the prescribed age limitations and the minimum educational qualifications to apply for the recruitment exam. Know more about different eligibility conditions from below.
- The candidate must be a permanent resident of the J&K State.
- They must be holding a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
Those applying for recruitment into the Gazetted Police Service must, in addition, conform to the following minimum physical standards as well.
|For Males||For Females|
|Height||165 cm||150 cm|
|Chest girth (min)||84 cm||79 cm|
|Expansion||5 cm||5 cm|
|For Candidates from Leh/ Kargil|
|Height||160 cm||145 cm|
|Chest girth (min)||79 cm||79 cm|
|Expansion||5 cm||5 cm|
JKPSC KAS 2021 Application Form
The JKPSC KAS application form releases online through the official website of the Commission at jkpsc.nic.in. In order to apply, one must first match the eligibility conditions and have in possession of all original documents. Here, we have explained the application process in terms of all its aspects in details.
How to Apply?
In order to apply, just go to the website of JKPSC, look for the online application link and click on it to register and apply. Check the step by step procedure below.
- At first, go to the website at jkpsc.nic.in
- Look for the link to apply for JKPSC KAS 2021 and click on it.
- Register with a mobile number and email id and other details as asked.
- Now complete the application process by filling in the other details
- Complete the payment of the fees and upload necessary documents.
- When everything is done and reviewed, click on the final submission button to finally submit the application process.
JKPSC charges a fee for applying for the KAS 2021 recruitment exam. It is exempted for specific reserved categories while for some, the fee is discounted by some percentage as per government norms. However, general and unreserved candidates must deposit the full application fee at the time of online application. Check out the previous year fees as per the category below.
JKPSC KAS 2021 Selection Process
JKPSC KAS 2021 exam takes place in multiple stages of the exam and a final interview of selected candidates. At the first two stages, written examination as per syllabus and pattern declared by the Commission is conducted. The examination shall consist of two successive stages as described below.
- Combined Competitive (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type)
- Combined Competitive (Main) Examination (written and interview)
- Personality Test Interview
- The marks obtained in the preliminary examination are therefore counted only for short-listing of the candidates for the Main Examination.
- Subject to the minimum qualifying marks, 1/3rd of the total number of candidates who appeared in the preliminary examination or twenty five times the total number of vacancies to be filled in the various services and posts, whichever be lower”.
- The Main Examination consists of a written test and an interview.
- The written test consists of question papers of descriptive type, out of which one paper is of qualifying nature only, from the subjects.
- Candidates who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in the written part of the Main Examination are summoned for the final interview.
- The interview test takes place to assess the mental calibre of a candidate.
- In broad terms, this is really an assessment of not only the intellectual qualities but also social traits and interest in current affairs.
- Some of the qualities to be judged are mental alertness, critical powers of assimilation, clear and logical expositions, the balance of judgment and others.
- A candidate who fails to secure such a minimum number of marks as are fixed by the Commission in their discretion in more than one subject shall not be eligible to be called for an interview.
JKPSC KAS 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of the two-stage examinations differs largely. The Commission indicates the exam pattern through the official notice. We have compiled the information here for the convenience of our readers and as reference. Check out the exam pattern of the prelims and main exam below.
Exam pattern of Preliminary
- Language: English
- Exam mode: Offline
- Type of questions: Objective
- Number of papers: 02
- Duration: 02 hours each
- Marking scheme: negative marking of 0.33 marks
Check out the marks distribution below
|General Studies I (Paper I)||200|
|General Studies II (Paper II)||200|
Exam pattern of Main
Exam Mode: Offline
Type of questions: Descriptive (essay type)
Number of papers: 08
Duration: 03 hours each
Check out the marks distribution below
|Paper I (Essay)||250|
|Paper II (GS-I)||250|
|Paper III (GS-II)||250|
|Paper IV (GS-III)||250|
|Paper V (GS-IV)||250|
|Paper VI (Optional Paper-I)||250|
|Paper VII (Optional Paper-I)||250|
Note: The personal interview carries 250 marks and is the final selection stage. The marks of the main exam and the personal interview are combined counted to decide the final results.
JKPSC KAS 2021 Syllabus
The detailed syllabus of the Combined Competitive Exams is released by the Commission through the website. The syllabus is released for both the preliminary exam as well as the main stage exam. One must refer to the syllabus for preparations as the question paper is based on the syllabus as determined by the Commission at their discretion. Here we have provided the information regarding the indicative syllabus.
- Current events
- History of India
- Indian and World Geography
- India polity
- Economic and Social Development
- Environmental ecology
- General science
Paper-II (Qualifying Paper)
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy
English (Qualifying Paper)
- Precis writing
- Usage and vocabulary
- Short essays
Click here to download the complete syllabus of the JKPSC KAS
How To Prepare For JKPSC KAS 2021?
Those who aspire to qualify for administrative services/police services exams of the calibre of the KAS 2021, know well that without adequate and informed preparations, it becomes virtually impossible to crack such exams in the first chance. As such, candidates who are willing to appear in the JKPSC KAS 2021 exam must start preparations early by acquiring all the necessary resources. Here are a few useful preparation tips to help uplift study outcomes.
- Always refer to the syllabus of the JKPSC KAS exam to study as the question paper is set according to the syllabus.
- Devise a plan to study. Allocate study hours and determine milestones to achieve. Do not just plan but implement the plan to see results.
- Acquire plenty of learning resources before the exam. These can include previous year question papers, mock test, solved papers, guides, textbooks, notes, etc.
- Refer to previous year papers to know how the marks are distributed and check how the exam pattern might have changed in the last few years. Additionally, increase the prospects to get some repetitive questions from previous years.
- Take short notes while you study. This will help you to memorize and remember better. In addition, these notes can serve as last-minute preparation and revision materials as well.
JKPSC 2020 Admit Card/Hall Ticket
The Commission issues individual admit cards in the name of successful applicants through the website. Successful applicants, upon the issuance of the JKPSC admit cards can download the same from the official website as per schedule for each stage of the exam. Once released, candidates have to log in with the registration number/username and password/date of birth to open and download the admit card to their name. Here a list of things to remember regarding JKPSC KAS admit card 2021.
- The admit card is published only through candidate login at the official website of the Commission.
- It is important for all candidates to download and print out the admit card after downloading. The same must be carried to the exam hall.
- The admit card, along with a valid photo identity proof must be carried together to the exam hall.
- One must download the admit card themselves as the Commission is not responsible to send individual admit cards by post.
Centre of Examination
- The Preliminary Examination will be held at different centers located at Anantnag, Baramulla, Doda, Jammu, Rajouri, and Srinagar districts for which candidates shall exercise an option.
- Option for allotment of center once exercised by a candidate shall be final and shall not be subject to any change at any cost.
- The Commission may, however, at its discretion allocate a different center to a candidate where circumstances so warrant.
JKPSC KAS 2021 Answer Key
Answer key containing the correct answer to all the questions asked in the exam can be accessed online through the official JKPSC website only. Candidates must note that the answer keys are only released for the preliminary exam containing objective type questions only.
Once released, candidates can raise challenges to the answer keys as per the provisions of the commission. Following the evaluation of valid objections, the final JKPSC KAS answer keys are released. The same can be downloaded from the website. The final results are prepared on the basis of the final answer keys.
JKPSC KAS 2020 Result
The Commission releases the results of each stage of the exam after it is concluded. The JKPSC KAS result is published in the form of a merit list of selected candidates who become eligible for the next selection stage. Once all the selection stages are conducted, the final results are released by the Commission.
Marks thus obtained by the candidates in the Main Examination (written part as well as interview) would determine the final order of merit. Candidates shall be allotted to the various services keeping in view their merit in the examination and the preferences expressed by them for the various services and posts. The allotment of candidates to various services shall be made by the Commission at their own discretion.
As the state level Public Service Commission of the state of Jammu & Kashmir, the JKPSC conducts recruitment for government bodies in the state. JKPSC operates through the official website jkpsc.nic.in and acts as an advisory body to the state government in aspects of recruitment for the civil service departments. The Commission is entrusted with the responsibility to conduct the examinations for recruitment to the civil services departments of the state government for which, it conducts a Combined Competitive Exam each year.
Ans. For the 2021 year, JKPSC has announced 187 vacancies for JKPSC KAS exam.
Ans. Candidates must have graduation degree to apply for JKPSC KAS exam.