Kerala Government Education Board conducted the Kerela Teacher Eligibility Test KTET 2018 for category I and II on October 20, 2018. KTET Answer Key 2018 for Category IV has been released on 05 Nov 2018 Many unofficial youtube channels have released the answer key for KTET Exam. The candidates who appeared in the exam are able to check the answer key through the direct link provided on the page. The Board has released the hall ticket for the Kerala TET on October 11, 2018. The KTET 2018 exam will hold on October 20, 21 and 28, 2018. The first shift is reserved for the category I and second shift is for category II similarly for category II and IV. After the exam, the Board will release the final result on its official website. Get here all the details of KTET 2018.
KTET 2018 is divided into four categories i.e. Category I, Category II, Category III & Category IV. All individuals, who possess minimum educational qualifications for each category, will be eligible to appear in the Kerala TET 2018 examination.
- KTET 2018 Category I exam is for those who intend to be a teacher for Lower Primary classes.
- KTET 2018 Category II exam is for those who intend to be a teacher for Upper Primary classes.
- KTET 2018 Category III exam is for those who intend to be a teacher for High School classes.
- KTET 2018 Category IV exam is for those who intend to be a language teacher up to Upper Primary classes. It is also for specialist teachers and Physical Education teachers up to High School level.
The Schedule for the KTET 2018 is given below:
|KTET 2018||Important Dates|
|Commencement of online application||06 Sep 2018|
|Last date to submit the online application||15 Sep 2018|
|Availability of admit card for examination||11 Oct 2018|
|Conduction of examination||20, 21 and 28 Oct 2018 for Category I, II, III & IV|
|Releasing of answer key||05 Nov 2018|
|Declaration of the final result||To be announced|
Admit Card for KTET 2018
As the application process has been ended, so the Board has released the admit card for the examination. All the candidates who have submitted the application form before the last date now able to download the admit card. It is mandatory to carry admit card in the examination. Those who will not carry the admit card will not be allowed for appearing in the exam hall. In order to download the admit card candidates need to enter the application number, application id, and category in which he/she applied. The admit card of KTET are available on the official website of KTET at ktet.kerala.gov.in.
Bell Time For Examination
As there are four categories then the candidates should chcek the bell time according to the category.
|Category||Date of Examination||Duration||Time|
|Category I||20/10/2018 – Saturday||10.00 am – 12.30 pm||2 ½ hrs|
|Category II||20/10/2018 – Saturday||2.00 pm – 4.30 pm||2 ½ hrs|
|Category III||27/10/2018 – Saturday||10.00 am – 12.30 pm||2 ½ hrs|
|Category IV||27/10/2018 – Saturday||2.00 pm – 4.30 pm||2 ½ hrs|
KTET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
For Category I (Lower Primary Teacher):
- Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary or (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks and two year Trained Teachers’ Certificate TTC / DEd [by whatever name known] conducted by Board of Examination, Govt. of Kerala or its equivalent. OR
- Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks and 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known), in accordance with NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure), Regulations 2002. OR
- Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4 years Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) OR
- Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education). OR
- Other Equivalent qualification
For Category II (Upper Primary Teacher):
- B.A/B.Sc./B.Com. and 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education/Trained Teachers’ Certificate TTC / DEd [by whatever name known] conducted by Board of Examination, Govt. of Kerala or its equivalent. OR
- B.A/B.Sc/B.Com with at least 45% marks and 1 year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.), in accordance with NCTE (Recognition, Norms and Procedure) regulations issued from time to time in this regard. OR
- Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4 year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) OR
- Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4 year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A. Ed or B.Sc.Ed. OR
- Other Equivalent qualification.
For Category III (High School Teacher)
- BA/BSc/B.Com with at least 45% marks and a B.Ed. Degree in the subject concerned (from any one of the Universities in Kerala or have acquired these qualifications from any other Universities recognized as equivalent thereto). OR
- For Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology, those who have MSc.Ed. Degree in the subject concerned with not less than 50% marks from one of the Regional Institutes of Education sponsored by NCERT will be eligible to apply. For Botany and Zoology subjects, those with MSc.Ed. Degree in Life Science with not less than 50% marks from any of the Regional Institutes of Education are eligible to apply. OR
- BA or equivalent with at least 45% marks and who passed in LTTC are eligible to apply. OR
- Other Equivalent qualification.
For Category IV:
- Those who have acquired qualifications for the posts of Language Teachers of Arabic, Hindi, Sanskrit & Urdu (up to Upper Primary level), Specialist teachers & Physical Education teachers as mentioned in Chapter XXXI of KERALA EDUCATION ACT AND RULES are eligible to apply for K-TET- IV OR
- Other Equivalent qualification.
Note: Candidates, who have acquired Certificate/ Diploma/ Degree in teaching in any subject, and are approved by Universities/NCTE/ Board of Examinations/ Government of Kerala, are eligible to apply for K-TET-IV.
Age Limit: There is no age limit prescribed for candidates appearing for KTET 2018. Relaxation of 5% will be allowed to the candidate who belongs to SC/ST, OBC and differently abled categories. Visually impaired candidates who have not less than 40% of disability are allowed to 10% relaxation for acquiring K-TET. A person who has qualified K-TET may also appear again for improving his/her score.
KTET 2018 Application Form
Applications submitted to Pareeksha Bhavan only through online. Printout of the application, challan and copies of the certificates need not be sent to Pareeksh Bhavan. The candidate took a printout of the application before confirming and verify the details given in the online application.
Application Fee: The Exam fee was Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred only) for each category. Fee for SC/ST/PWD and differently abled categories is Rs.250/- (Rupees Two Hundred and Fifty only)
KTET 2018 Exam Pattern
There shall be only one paper in each category examination. All questions shall be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) each carrying one mark. There will be four alternatives out of which one will be the correct answer. The total number of MCQs shall be 150.
For Category I (Lower Primary Teacher)
For Category II (Upper Primary Teacher)
For Category III (High School Teacher)
For Category IV
Language and Medium of Question Paper: Questions for Category I, II and IV (except languages) will be bilingual i.e. both in Malayalam and English. Question for Category III will only be in English (except languages).
Negative Marks: There shall be no negative marks for the KTET test.
Qualifying Marks: A person who will score 60% or more in the KTET 2018 examination will be considered KTET passed or KTET qualified.
Nature of Questions & Standards
The test items on Child Development and Pedagogy shall focus on educational psychology of teaching and learning. They will focus on understanding the characteristics, needs and psychology of diverse learners, interaction with learners and the attributes and qualities of a good facilitator of learning.
The test items on Adolescent Psychology, Theories of Learning & Teaching Aptitude will focus on the educational psychology, principles and approaches of teaching and learning. They will focus on understanding the characteristics, needs and psychology of diverse learners, interaction with the learners and the attributes and qualities of a good facilitator of learning.
The test items for Language I (Malayalam / Kannada / Tamil / English) shall focus on the proficiency related to the medium of instruction as chosen.
The Language II shall be a language other than Language I. The test items in Language II shall also focus on the elements of language, communication and comprehension abilities.
The test items of Mathematics & Environmental Studies shall focus on the concepts, problem-solving abilities and pedagogical understanding of the subjects.
The test items in subject-specific areas will focus on the pedagogical understanding, concepts and ideas of the subjects concerned.
|KTET Exam||Syllabus||Sample Paper|
|Category I||Click Here||Click Here|
|Category II||Click Here||Click Here|
|Category III||Click Here||Click Here|
|Category IV||Click Here||Click Here|
Award of KTET Certificate
Candidates who will be declared qualified in KTET 2018 examination will be awarded a certificate by the Secretary, Pareeksha Bhavan, Poojappura, Thiruvananthapuram on behalf of Govt. of Kerala, after verification of the original educational qualification certificates by the DEO’s concerned.
The qualified candidates should submit the original educational qualification certificates to the District Educational Officer concerned for verification to ascertain that they are eligible to apply for the examination on the date of application.
The candidates who are eligible for mark relaxation coming under SC, ST, OBC, OEC, PH, Blind categories should submit relevant supporting documents.
The date of submission of the original qualification certificates to the concerned District Educational Officers will be intimated later through medias after the publication of the result.
Separate certificates will be awarded to those candidates who appear and qualify for more than one category.
However, the statement of marks of all the candidates appearing in K-TET 2018 shall be made available on the website of Pareeksha Bhavan.
The pass certificates will be issued to the K-TET qualified candidates at the given place on or before its last date.
For complete details regarding KTET 2018 – download Advertisement.