NHTET Result 2019 has announced on August 06, 2019 on the official website. As the NCHMCT declares NHTET Result, candidates can check it from the official website. The result of National Hospitality Teachers Eligibility Test (NHTET) 2019 has been published at thims.gov.in. It has been published in the form of two PDF files, one each for list of qualified candidates, and not qualified candidates. List of qualified candidates contains details all those who obtain marks equal to or more than cut off marks for Assistant Lecturer and Teaching Associate, or Teaching Associate Only. This includes their marks, what they have qualified for, and validity. Whereas list of not qualified candidates contain roll number wise marks of candidates who did not qualify. Qualified candidates has been issued NHTET Certificate. Get here complete details of NHTET Result 2019 such as date, how to check, cut off.
NHTET Result 2019
Those who appeared in the exam can check the result of NHTET 2019 in online mode. Keep roll number and application form number handy. The result can be checked as per schedule below.
|NHTET 2019||Important Dates|
|Date of exam||20 Jul 2019|
|Declaration of NHTET Result 2019|
- Click here to check NHTET July 2019 Result – Qualified Candidates
- Click here to check NHTET July 2019 Result – Non Qualified Candidates
Procedure & Criteria for Declaration of Result
Following steps are involved in declaration of result:
Step 1: Candidates should get minimum marks (cut off)
Minimum marks to be obtained in NHTET for considering a candidate eligibility for Assistant Lecturer and Teaching Associates in NCHM and its any affiliated IHM:
The candidates are required to obtain following minimum marks separately in Paper-
I, Paper-II, Paper-III and Aggregate of three Papers, to become eligible for both i.e. Assistant Lecturer and Teaching Associates, are as given below:
Cut Off for Both Assistant Lecturer and Teaching Associates
|Category / Paper||I||II||III||Overall (out of 400)|
|General||45 (45%)||45 (45%)||100 (50%)||200 (50%)|
|SC||40 (40%)||40 (40%)||90 (45%)||180 (45%)|
Cut Off for Only Teaching Associates
|Category / Paper||I||II||III||Overall (out of 400)|
|General||40 (40%)||40 (40%)||90 (45%)||180 (45%)|
|SC||35 (35%)||35 (35%)||80 (40%)||160 (40%)|
Therefore, the candidate declared pass for applying against Teaching Associateship will not be eligible to apply against any vacancy of Assistant Lecturer. Such candidate has to take further chance in subsequent NHTET to pass with the required percentage prescribed for becoming eligible to the post of Assistant Lecturer.
Step 2: Mark Sheet cum Certificate For Qualified Candidates
Amongst those candidates who have cleared step I, a detailed mark sheet- cum-certificate will be prepared and send to such candidates. The said certificate will remain valid for the period mentioned on it, to apply for a post of Assistant Lecturer/Teaching Associates in NCHM or any of its affiliated IHMs.
Step 3: Mark Sheet for Not Cleared Candidates
Those candidates who have not cleared step I, a detailed tabulation sheet containing marks will be prepared with a remark ‘not cleared’ and will be displayed in the web portal www.thims.gov.in. It may be noted that the above qualifying criteria decided by NCHMCT is final and binding. However, the NCHMCT has the power to change the qualifying criteria if feel necessary and notify along with the reason for change before declaring the result.
List of Qualified candidates – This is what an entry in it looks like. ( For reference purpose only)
NHTET Answer Key 2019
After the NHTET exam will over, the answer key is uploaded in www.thims.gov.in when the candidate can go through it and challenge the answer with documentary proof within 4 days’ time by mail to email@example.com only. No correspondence of challenge the answer after the last date will be accepted. In case, any candidate challenges any answer, the same will be forwarded to the expert committee for decision and the decision along with final Answer Key will be uploaded in www.thims.gov.in by another 5 working days. Answer sheets will be evaluated on the basis of the new Answer Key by another 4 working days.
NHTET Certificate 2019
- The Certificate will have valid up to the period, the Candidate will remain in the maximum age prescribed to apply against any vacancy of Assistant Lecturer and Teaching Associates at NCHMCT and its affiliated IHMs.
- The eligibility criteria and validity period may change in future, but the interest
of the already qualified candidates will be taken care of.All the candidates who clear NHTET exam will be looking forward to getting their certificates. Its availability, validity, and process to obtain are as follows.
- NCHMCT dispatches NHTET Certificate to all qualified candidates.
- Candidates will receive them some time after result.
- However until they get NHTET Certificate, they can use downloaded result from thims.gov.in and that shall be valid.
- Certificate will be valid up to the maximum age as prescribed in the recruitment rules.
- The eligibility criteria and validity period may change in future, but the interest of the already qualified candidates will be taken care of.
Candidates are requested to note that even after getting NHTET Certificate, if authorities discover that they had submitted incorrect data, or forged documents, or is ineligible on any count, then his/her certificate is cancelled at once. Furthermore, such candidates are not allowed to appear for NHTET in next two chances.
List of Not Qualified candidates – This is what an entry in it looks like.(For reference purpose only)
Calculation Of Marks
National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) publishes answer key of NHTET 2019 after exam. Candidates can download it from thims.gov.in for their NHTET question paper sets, for Paper I, II, III. After checking answer keys, candidates can submit objections through email within 5 days.
Then within next 5 days, the Council publishes a revised and final answer key. This comes after an expert committee assesses all inputs received from candidates. Evaluation of marks for NHTET Result 2019 is as per final answer key only.
It takes 4 days time to check answer sheets as per final answer key and declare result. Answers marked by candidates in OMR sheets are checked against final answer key to get marks.
Following marking scheme is used:
- +2 for a correct answer
- -1/2 for the incorrect answer
Exam pattern of NHTET was as follows:
All questions come from NHTET syllabus. Therefore candidates get marks out of 100 in Paper I, 100 in Paper II, and 200 in Paper III. They get overall marks out of 400.
Provision for checking answer sheets
- NCHMCT has given provision for seeing own answer sheet.
- Candidates can see their own answer sheet by coming to NCHMCT office in Noida.
- They can do so within 90 days of declaration of result.
- In addition, candidates can request for copy of Answer Sheets under RTI by paying necessary fee within 90 days of result.
- As soon as time period of 90 days after exam lapses, records shall be destroyed.
What to do if qualified NHTET?
Heartiest congratulations to all who qualified NHTET exam. Now you are either eligible for both Assistant Lecturer and Teaching Associate, or only Teaching Associate. If you are eligible for both, then be aware of the recruitment going on in IHM or institutes affiliated with NCHMCT. As soon as there is any vacancy, apply and undergo recruitment process. However if you have qualified for TA only, then you can join as TA as per its norms, and once again appear in NHTET in order to qualify for AL also.
What to do if not qualified NHTET?
Interested and eligible aspirants can appear any number of times in the National Hospitality Teachers Eligibility Test. However they should satisfy age limit for that attempt. Candidates can be at max 30 years old to appear in NHTET. Whereas OBC NCL candidates can be upto 33 years of age. And SC / ST / PD candidates can be of 35 years of age.
Institutes Affiliated to NCHMCT
There are 66 NCHMCT affiliated institutes. This includes 21 Central IHMs, 23 State IHMs, 1 PSU run IHM, 20 Private IHMs.
Significance of NHTET Result 2019
Government and educationists realized that there had to be standards to ensure better quality of teachers at all levels. This requirement arose when there was a general perception among public, academia, and hoteliers that teaching profession was not attracting competent people. National Policy on Education 1986 stated to reorganize the method of recruitment of teachers in order to ensure merit, objectivity and conformity with spatial and functional requirements. In continuation with the same, NCHMCT formulated the NHTET scheme.
- Objective is to filter best among better candidates in order to declare them eligible for Assistant Lecturer and Teaching Associates in NCHMCT affiliated IHMs.
- It is applicable to citizens of India.
- NHTET qualified candidates are eligible for Assistant Lecturer, and they can apply against such vacancies in NCHMCT affiliated IHMs, either of Government sector, PSU owned or Private sector.
- However qualifying does not directly provide job; they have to face a separate selection process for induction as Assistant lecturer or Teaching Associates.
- NCHMCT affiliated institutes cannot hire anyone as Teaching Associate or Assistant Lecturer who is not NHTET qualified.
Best wishes for your NHTET Result!
If you have any queries regarding NHTET Result 2019, please ask in comments below.
NHTET Result Archives