NHTET Syllabus 2020 – National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) conducts the National Hostility Teacher Eligibility Test (NHTET). NHTET is conducted twice a year to select candidats for teaching associates and assistant lecturer. Syllabus for the examination is provided in the official notification of NHTET 2020. You can also check them in previous year notification. Before starting the preparing for NHTET 2020, the candidates should once go through the syllabus. To get yourself selected you need proper strategy and some tips. From the NHTET syllabus 2020, candidates got to know about the topics name and their weightage. Check the detailed syllabus for NHTET Syllabus 2020 in the article below.
NHTET Syllabus 2020
There will be 3 papers in NHTET examination – Paper I, Paper II and Paper III. The candidates should prepare for the examination as per the syllabus. Check the detailed NHTET syllabus 2020 below.
NHTET Syllabus 2020 Paper – I
Paper will have syllabus of general nature. It is designed to test the teaching or research aptitude of the applicant. There will be 50 Multiple choice questions designed to test aptitude toward teaching, comprehension, general awareness or knowledge, reasoning ability of the candidate.
NHTET Syllabus 2020 Paper – II
Paper-II will consist questions based on Nutrition, General Management, Sales and Marketing, Food Science, hotel accounts ( for hospitality related teaching posts ) and Strategic Management, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, and Economics ( for management related teaching posts ).
NHTET 2020 Paper – III Syllabus
Paper-III will consist of questions out of the four core areas of hospitality which are Food Production, Accommodation Operation Management , F & B Service and Management, and House Keeping Management.
Exam Pattern for NHTET Syllabus 2020
Before starting the preparation, candidates must have knowledge about the exam pattern. This helps the candidates in doing the preparation and understanding the question paper structure properly.
- Mode of examination: Examination for NHTET will be conducted Offline mode.
- Number of Paper: There will be 3 papers for NHTET 2020.
- Duration of exam: Examination will be conducted for 4 hours. @ hour for paper I and Paper II and 2 hours for Paper III.
- Questions Types: Questions will be asked in Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) or objective format.
- Total Marks: Question paper will be a total of 400 marks.
- Number of questions: 200 questions will be there in NHTET 2020.
- Marking Scheme:
|For each correct answer||+2 marks|
|For each incorrect answer||-0.5 marks|
|For answers not attempted||0 marks|
- Distribution of question:
|Paper||No. of Questions||Marks|
NHTET 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates can refer to these tips to prepare for NHTET 2020. These are some basic yet important tips you can consider while preparing for NHTET 2020.
- Practice mock test to manage your time. As examination can be stressful , candidates tends to waste their time on one question. Try to manage your time while taking the examination.
- With the help of previous year question paper, you can practice it as real test. By practicing the question paper you will get know about the weightage of each paper.
- Refer to only a few reference books. The more books you refer, you will waste more time on preparing and not practicing.
- Reading newspaper will not only help you to build your general knowledge but also strengthens your language and comprehension power.
- Most important, make a time table for yourself to study on your own. Self study can help you clear any examination you wish to clear.
- Prepare for each paper – paper I, paper II and paper III- as all three papers are qualifying.
NHTET 2020 Previous year Question Paper
Here are the previous year question papers of NHTET for you. You can refer and use these question papers while preparing for NHTET 2020. With the help of these question papers, you will get to know about the exam pattern and weightage of each paper. you can also take them as the real examination by setting an alarm clock beside you. Have a look at these papers.
Question paper for March 2018
Question paper for June 2017
Question paper for April 2017
National Hospitality Teachers Eligibility Test (NHTET) is conducted twice a year (in January and in June). NHTET is conducted by National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT). Candidates can apply for NHTET 2020 online at the official website of THIMS. Also, before applying you must check the eligibility criteria for NHTET 2020.
To be eligible to apply applicant must have master’s degree in hospitality administration or 2 years of experience in the same field with bachelor’s degree in hospitality administration. Applicants must take care of the upper age limit (35 years) set by the council. Selection for teaching associates and assistant teachers are done in two processes. First, is to take the NHTET. Second is to take the skill tests organized by institutes.