OAS Admit Card 2018 is issued by Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC). It is issued to the candidates who successfully registered for the exam. The admit card is also referred to as admission certificate. It is uploaded on the official website prior to the exams. Candidates will receive different admit cards for the different exam stages. The OAS 2018 exam has 03 major stages that are Prelims exam, Mains exam and Personal Interview. Registered candidates were able to download the admit cards for prelims. Now the students who qualified the prelims will be able to download the admit cards for mains and students who qualify further will get a call letter for the interview round. Students will be notified of the about the date and program for all the stages on the official website as well as the newspapers.
OAS Admit Card 2018
OAS 2018 is conducted to recruit eligible candidates for the various services such as administrative, finance, taxation, police, revenue etc. All these services and posts come under Odisha Civil Services. This year this exam will be conducted to recruit candidates for 106 vacancies. The table below comprises of all the important events and their schedule for the Odisha Civil Services Examination 2018. Please refer to the table below to get an idea about the schedule.
|Issuance of Admit Card for Prelims||07 Feb 2018|
|Preliminary Exam Date||18 Feb 2018|
|Issuance of Admit Card for Mains||To be announced|
|Mains Exam Date||25 Jun to 18 Jul 2018|
The admit card for the examination will not be dispatched offline to the candidates. Keep it safe until the end of recruitment.
- Notice: Click here to check the notice relating to use of Scribe in the Odisha Civil Sevices Main Examination-2017
- Exam Schedule: Click here to check the schedule.
- Main Exam Notice: Click here to check the notice.
- Prelim Exam Admit Card: Click here to download your OAS Admit Card 2018.
- List of admitted candidates:
- List of rejected candidates: Click here to check the list of candidates for the exam.
Steps To Download OAS Admit Card 2018
The admit card for all the stages of OPSC OAS 2018 recruitment will only be issued in the online mode. Hence, the candidates should know how to download their admit cards for the exam. Please refer to the points mentioned below to help you to download the admit card without any hassle.
- Firstly, candidates will have to visit the official website of OPSC i.e. opsconline.gov.in
- Then, the candidates will have to login into the portal to download their OAS Admit Card 2018. The download portal will look like the image shown below.
- Candidates will first of all have to enter their unique registration id which they must have received after their successful registration.
- They will now have to enter their date of birth same as mentioned in their application form. The format of date of birth should be (dd/mm/yyyy).
- Click on the submit button.
- Download your admit card and take a print out of it for future use.
Important Instructions For OAS 2017 Admit Card and Exam
Candidates need to remember a few very important instructions on the day of the exam. Not following these instructions may result in consequences. Hence, we would advise the candidates to go through the instructions mentioned below.
- Admission certificate and call letters will only be made available in the online mode
- Only the candidates who qualify the prelims will be eligible to download the Mains admit card.
- It is necessary to report the exam centre on time as mentioned in the call letter.
- Candidates need to write their own exam without the help of a scribe.
- Candidates shall use only international form of numerical.
- Use of electronics is strictly prohibited.
Exam Zones for OAS 2017
There are 5 state zonal centres for the Odisha Civil Services Prelims & Mains Examination. The zonal centres are Balasore, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack and Sambalpur. Applicants during the registration process will be required to choose an exam zone for appearing in the exam. Zones once submitted will not be changed.
OPSC Civil Services Examination Pattern
The Civil Services Examination will consist of the following successive stages:
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
- Personality Test or Interview
Candidates who will qualify the Preliminary Examination shall be called by the Commission, to appear in the Main Examination. The qualifying marks in the Preliminary Examination shall be such as may be fixed by the Commission. The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination shall not be counted for ranking. The Main Examination shall comprise Odia Language, English, English Essay, General Studies-I & II papers, two optional subjects having two papers each as prescribed in Scheduled-III.
Candidates who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in the Main Examination as may be fixed by the Commission at their discretion shall be called for personality test. The personality test or interview shall carry 250 Marks and no minimum qualifying marks for personality test or interview shall be fixed.
Total marks thus obtained by the candidates in the written examination and personality test or interview would determine their ranking. Candidates shall be allotted to the various services keeping in view their ranks in the examination and the preferences indicated by them for various services.
The Preliminary Examination shall consist of two papers of objective type(Multiple choice questions} and each paper shall be of two hours duration. –
- Paper- I General Studies – 200 Marks
- Paper – II General Studies – 200 Marks
- Paper – I
- Current events of National and International importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the world.
- Indian Polity and Governance-Consitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues etc.
- Economic and social Development- sustainable, Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and climate change that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science.
- Paper – II
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical Reasoning and Analytic ability.
- Decision making and problem-solving
- General Mental Ability
- Basic numeracy
- English Language comprehension skills
The Main Examination shall consist of the following papers and each paper shall be of three hours duration.
Compulsory papers – 1400 marks
- Paper I Odia Language – 300 Marks
- Paper II English – 300 Marks
- Paper Ill English Essay – 300 Marks
- Paper IV General Studies-I – 300 Marks
- Paper V General Studies-II – 300 Marks
Optional Papers (Paper VI,VII,VIII & IX) – 1200 marks.
Two subjects to be selected from the list of Optional subjects set out below. Each subject will have two papers and each paper carrying 300 marks.