OPSC OAS Syllabus 2021– Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) has released OPSC OAS syllabus 2021 online. To download OPSC OAS syllabus 2021 PDF candidates have to visit the official website opsc.gov.in. For the preparation of Odisha Civil Service, it is important for candidates to have OPSC OAS syllabus. Candidates have to take the preliminary and main examination to appear in the interview round. In the preliminary examination, candidates have to take 02 papers. In OPSC OAS main examination, applicants have to attempt 09 papers. Get more details about OPSC OAS syllabus 2021 from the article below.
OPSC OAS Syllabus 2021
Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) has provided OPSC OAS syllabus 2021 online. Candidates can get the direct link for downloading OPSC OAS syllabus 2021 from this article.
OPSC OAS Exam Pattern 2021
Before beginning with the preparation for the Odisha Civil Service exam, candidates must know the OPSC OAS exam pattern. It helps them to have a clear understanding of the structure of the question paper. Refer to the section below to know more details about the OPSC OAS exam pattern 2021.
- Number of papers: In OPSC OAS pre-exam, candidates have to attempt 02 papers.
- Duration of examination: Each paper of Odisha civil service pre-exam is conducted for 02 hours.
- Type of questions: Objective type (Multiple choice questions) are asked in the preliminary examination of OAS.
- Maximum marks: 400 marks (each paper of pre-exam has questions for 200 marks)
- Distribution of questions:
|Paper 1||General studies||200 marks|
|Paper 2||General studies||200 marks|
- Duration of examination: Each paper of OPSC OAS main examination is conducted for 03 hours.
- Number of paper: Odisha civil service Main examination has a total of 09 papers.
- Maximum marks: Compulsory papers is for 1400 marks and optional subjects are for 1200 marks.
- Distribution of questions:
|Paper I||Odia||300||3 hours|
|Paper II||English||300||3 hours|
|Paper III||English Essay||300||3 hours|
|Paper IV||General Studies-I||300||3 hours|
|Paper V||General Studies- II||300||3 hours|
|Paper VI||Optional Subject-I||300||3 hours|
|Paper VII||Optional Subject-I||300||3 hours|
|Paper VIII||Optional Subject-II||300||3 hours|
|Paper IX||Optional Subject-II||300||3 hours|
List of optional subjects for the main examination
Candidates have to opt any 2 subjects as optional subjects for the main examination. Each subject has 2 papers having 300 marks.
|Agriculture||Animal husbandry and veterinary science|
|Civil engineering||Commerce and accountancy|
|History||Indian language and literature (any one)|
|Political science and international relations||Public administration|
About Odisha Public Service Commission
Odisha Public Service Commission was established on April 01, 1949. The commission has its headquarters at Odisha. OPSC holds the responsibility for conducting the examination for various government posts for the state of Odisha. The commission also functions to frame and amend the recruitment rules, matters related to transfer and promotion of existing employees, and conducting examinations.OPSC Odisha Civil Services Exam