OPSC OAS Syllabus 2022: Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) releases the syllabus and exam pattern for the OPSC OAS exam on the official website of the commission along with the notification of the exam. Candidates must go through the exam syllabus and exam pattern in order to prepare their time schedule and pattern to study for the exam. Exam pattern helps the candidates to be aware of the markings Scheme, marking pattern as per the topics and syllabus helps the candidates to be aware of the topics that exam questions will be made out of. This article will deal with the necessary details regarding the Exam pattern and syllabus of OPSC OAS Exam 2022.
OPSC OAS Syllabus 2022
Candidates are required to go through the exam syllabus to learn about the topics they have to prepare for the exam. Here are the necessary exam syllabus details and an elaborated syllabus:
- Correct events of National and International importance,
- History of India and Indian National Movement,
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, economic geography of India and the World,
- Indian polity and governance-constitution, political system, panchayati Raj, Public policy, rights issues, etc.
- Economic and social development-sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on environmental ecology, biodiversity and climate change,
- General Science
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills,
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability,
- Decision making and problem solving,
- General Mental ability,
- Basic numeracy, data interpretation (class X level)
- English Language Comprehension Skills (Class X level)
Paper I: Odia Language
- Essay writing, Precis writing,
- Translation from English to Odia, comprehension, grammar, vocabulary,
- Expansion of ideas and broad views on a topic
Paper II: English
- Essay Writing,
- Translation from Odia to English
- Precis Writing,
- Comprehension, vocabulary, grammar and expansion of an idea
Paper III: English Essay
- Essay writing,
- Broad views on topics given
Paper IV: General Studies I
- Social issues and social welfare problems,
- Indian geography, polity, constitution, histo4 anr culture
- Human resources development,
- Role of National institutions,
- Environment and ecology
Paper V: General Studies II
- International Institutions, Foreign affairs, external security,
- Indian economy, space technology, science and technology,
- Statistical analysis, Indian and the World.
- Attitude and aptitude of the candidate,
- Moral integrity and intellectual intelligence of the candidate,
- Knowledge about Depth of a particular topic,
- Better understanding of communication skills
Read More – OPSC OAS Previous Year Question Papers
OPSC OAS Exam Pattern
To start exam preparation, candidates must be aware of the OPSC OAS Exam Pattern to create a measured Exam Preparation Timetable and topic-to-prepare list. OPSC OAS Exam Pattern comprises three major sections of the exam, preliminary, Mains, and Interview. There are different exam patterns for each different stage and. Here is the elaborated version of OPSC OAS Exam Pattern:
Stage I: Preliminary Exam
Examination mode: Online
Type of questions: Multi Choice Questions
Total number of questions: 200 in each paper
- +1 for each correct answer
- -0.25 for each incorrect answer
|Paper I||General Studies||200||2 hours|
|Paper II||General Studies||200||2 hours|
Stage II: Mains Examination
Examination mode: Physical Mode
Type of questions: Descriptive question
|Paper I||Odia Language||300||3 hours|
|Paper II||English||300||3 hours|
|Paper III||English Essay||200||3 hours|
|Paper IV||General Studies I||300||3 hours|
|Paper V||General Studies II||300||3 hours|
|Paper VI||Optional Papers||300||3 hours|
|Paper VII||Optional Papers||300||3 hours|
|Paper VIII||Optional Papers||300||3 hours|
|Paper IX||Optional Papers||300||3 hours|
- The total score for Compulsory papers will be 1400 marks.
- Candidates are required to select any two subjects from the optional subject list and each subject will consist of two papers with 300 marks for each paper. The total score for optional paper will be 1200 marks.
Candidates are required to sit for an interview after qualifying the Mains examination. The personality test takes place in physical mode at the respective center of the examination or office. Interviews comprise a total of 250 marks.
About OPSC OAS Exam
The Odisha Administrative Services (OAS) exam is generally organized and conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC). This exam takes place once a year at state level only. Candidates applying for this exam must be aware that the exam takes place in three important stages: preliminary, Mains, and interview. Candidates are required to complete three to four of these stages in order to get selected for final training of the OAS official.
Answer: General Studies sections of the exam are the most necessary part in the OPSC OAS exam.
Answer: Candidates are required to give 2 papers in preliminary sections each of 200 marks.
Answer: Candidates can cover up the OPSC OAS Syllabus within 6 months only if the candidate has prior knowledge of topics already.
Leave a Reply