The Punjab State Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination-2018 will be conducted by the PPSC for recruiting officials in various departments of the Government. After the successful conduction of Punjab Civil Services Exam 2018, the merit wise names of qualified candidates will be sent by the commission, to the Government for making an appointment to various services. Get here complete details of Punjab Civil Services Exam 2018 such as vacancy details, important dates, application form, eligibility criteria, the scheme of exam etc.
Punjab Civil Services Exam 2018
The Punjab Public Service Commission invites Online Application Forms from eligible candidates for recruitment to Sixty Seven (67) posts to be filled through Punjab State Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination-2018. The number of vacancies to be filled on the basis of Punjab Civil Services Exam 2018 is given in below:
- Punjab Civil Service (Executive Branch) – 10
- Deputy Superintendent of Police – 20
- Tehsildar – 03
- Food Supply and Consumer Affairs Officer – 02
- Block Development & Panchayat Officer – 15
- Labour – cum – Conciliation Officer -01
- Employment Generation and Training Officer – 06
- Deputy Superintendent Jails / District Probation Officer (Grade-II) – 10
Schedule for Punjab Civil Services Exam 2018 is given below:
|Start date for depositing the Application fees||03 Apr 2018|
|Last date for Filling Online Applications Form||23 Apr 2018|
|Last date for depositing the Application fees||30 Apr 2018|
|Re-opening of Application Form (Court Order)||10 to 16 May 2018|
|Admit Card||12 Jul 2018|
|Punjab Civil Services Exam 2018||22 Jul 2018|
Candidates will be able to access all the detailed information about each event for Punjab Civil Services Exam 2018 from the quick link section provided below.
Aspiring candidates could apply online for Punjab Civil Services Exam 2018 by visiting the official website i.e. www.ppsc.gov.in. Candidates must ensure the eligibility criteria carefully before applying for PCSE 2018. The candidates are not required to send the Hard Copy of the Online Application Form to the office of Punjab Public Service Commission. The candidates are required to pay the Application fee as per Government mention below:
|Name of Category||Online Application charges||Examination Fee||Total|
|Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes of all States and Backward Classes of Punjab||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 625/-||Rs. 1125/-|
|Ex-Servicemen of Punjab||Rs. 500/-||No Fee to be paid||Rs. 500/-|
|All Others Categories (including Lineal Descendent of Ex-servicemen, Punjab)||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 2500/-||Rs. 3000/-|
|Physically Handicapped, Punjab||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 1250/-||Rs. 1750/-|
The Application Fee must be submitted through challan to any Branch of State Bank of India. Candidates are advised to verify every detail filled in the application. Once the application is filled in completely, the candidate should submit the data. (Candidates should take a printout of the system generated fee payment challan immediately.) No Change/Edit will be allowed after Submission. The fee paid by the candidates is non-refundable.
- The candidate should possess a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institution. Provided that the candidate may be permitted to take Preliminary Competitive Examination while studying for his degree. However, the candidate shall be required to produce proof of passing the degree course for being eligible to take the Main Competitive Examination during that year.
- No candidate shall be eligible for appearing in the Preliminary Competitive Examination, unless he/she has passed the Matriculation Examination with Punjabi as one of the compulsory or elective subjects or any other equivalent examination in Punjabi language, which may be specified by the Government from time to time on or before the last date of submission of Application Forms.
- Candidates should not be below 21 years and above 37 years of age as on January 01, 2018 except the posts of Deputy Superintendent of Police and Deputy Superintendent Jails/District Probation Officers.
- For the posts of Deputy Superintendent of Police and Deputy Superintendent Jails/District Probation Officers, the candidates should not be below 21 years and above 28 years of age as on January 01, 2018.
The candidates who will opt for Punjab Police Service should meet the physical standards set by the authority.
- Minumum Height: Men- 5 feet 7 inches, Women – 5 feet 3 inches
- Chest Measurements(Applicable for men only): Unexpanded – 33 inches, Expanded – 34.5 inches
Candidates who register and filled the Online Application Form are issued Admit Cards prior to the conduct of Punjab Civil Services Exam 2018. Admit card is made available at the official website i.e. ww.ppsc.gov.in. Admit card contains the name, roll number, and exam center. Candidates have to bring the admit card at the exam center. Without Admit Card, no candidates will be allowed to take entry in the examination hall.
Scheme of Exam
- Procedure and scheme for the Preliminary Examination:
The preliminary competitive examination will consist of two papers of 200 marks each and shall comprise of objective type (multiple choice) questions. The detail is as follows:
|Paper||Subject||No. of questions||Marks for each Question||Total Marks|
|Paper I||General Studies||100||2||200|
|Paper II||Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT)||80||2.5||200|
- Both the papers will be of objective type multiple choice questions.
- Duration of each paper for preliminary examination will be two hours. However, visually impaired candidates will be given additional 20 minutes.
- There will be no negative marking in the written preliminary examination test, however, there may be negative marking for any objections to the Answer Key found false/frivolous/not supported by authentic evidence.
- The question paper shall be bilingual and shall be printed in English (Roman script) and Punjabi (Gurumukhi script) except for questions where candidates’ proficiency in the language is to be tested.
- Procedure and scheme for the Main Examination:
|Punjabi (in Gurumukhi Script) Compulsory (of 10+2 Standard)||100|
|English Compulsory (of 10+2 standard)||100|
|Essay (Three Essays of 50 marks each)||150|
|General Studies Paper-I (History, Geography, and Society)||250|
|General Studies Paper-II (Indian Constitution & Polity, Governance and International Relations)||250|
|General Studies Paper-III (Economy, Statistics and Security issues)||250|
|General Studies Paper-IV (Science & Technology, Environment, Problem Solving and Decision Making)||250|
- All papers shall be descriptive in nature and duration of each paper will be three hours. Visually impaired candidates will, however, be allowed an extra time of 30 minutes in each paper.
- The main competitive examination shall include seven compulsory papers.
- Candidates will have the option to attempt all the papers, except the language papers in the Punjabi or English medium.
- Candidates exercising the option to answer Papers in the Punjabi language may, if they so desire, give English version within brackets of only the description of the technical terms, if any, in addition to the version in the Punjabi language.
- The question papers other than language papers will be set in English. However, when any candidate opts for attempting any paper(s) in Punjabi medium, the question papers shall be printed in Punjabi accordingly.
- No candidate shall be considered to have qualified the competitive examination unless he obtains at least 45% marks in the aggregate in the main examination including interview marks (read 40 % for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes), except in the case of main competitive examination for which this percentage has been lowered to not less than 40% (read 35 % for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes) by the Commission in which case the qualifying percentage shall be as determined by the Commission.
Names of qualified candidates shall be arranged in order of merit according to the aggregate marks obtained in the main written examination and the interview. Merit list will be made available at official website i.e. www.ppsc.gov.in and the direct link is also provided on this page for the sake of candidates.
The selection process for filling posts in various departments based on the PSCSCCE-2018 will be made by holding an examination. The examination shall be conducted in three stages namely:
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
Preliminary Examination is only a screening test for selecting candidates who would be eligible to take the Main Examination and the marks obtained in this Examination shall not be counted towards the merit of the candidates arrived at after the Main Examination.
Candidates equal to 13 times of the vacancies advertised in each category would qualify from amongst those appearing in the Preliminary Examination for the Main Examination, provided that, such number of candidates are available and, are otherwise eligible for admission to the Main Examination.
From amongst the candidates who have appeared for the Main written examination, candidates not more than three times the number of vacancies advertised in each category shall be called for the interview, provided that, such number of candidates are available and, are otherwise eligible for the Interview.
The candidates who will opt for Punjab Police Service should meet the physical standards set by the authority, the candidates have to qualify the Physical Test for the post of Deputy Superintendent Police and Deputy Superintendent of Jails (Grade-II)/ District.
The category wise detail of posts to be filled on the basis of the result of Combined Competitive Examination, 2018 is as under:
Official website: www.ppsc.gov.in.
For more details about Punjab Civil Services Exam 2018 – Download Official Notification.