TNPSC Recruitment 2021: Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is the state-level public service commission in the state of Tamil Nadu. TNPSC Recruitment refers to all recruitment exams and activities carried out by the Commission for state and subordinate services. Besides the fundamental role of recruitment for the Civil Services in the state, the Commission also acts as a consultant in various matters related to rules and notification, departmental promotions and disciplinary matters. In order to maintain the manpower for various government departments that are consi14dered within the administration of the TNPSC, the commission conducts different events throughout the year. Aspirants can get all the latest updates of TNPSC recruitment from this page and know more about the roles and functions of the organization.
TNPSC Recruitment 2021
Being the apex government recruiter in the state of Tamil Nadu, TNPSC is entrusted to carry out, besides the civil service recruitments, programs for recruitment to different other gazetted and non-gazetted posts as deemed necessary. On this page, the links to know more about specific ongoing and upcoming recruitments and selection tests of the TNPSC are included. Simply click on the corresponding link to know more about the particular recruitment event.
Vision and Mission of TNPSC
The Commission operates with a strategic vision to offer public services to all concerned in an impartial, independent, ethical, effective manner. In doing so, the organisation aims to develop internal capabilities to meet the human resourcing needs of the state government efficiently.
TNPSC mission includes the establishment and maintenance of a free, fair and transparent recruitment process for the state services. The organisation leverages advance information technology solutions to deliver as per their vision. The organisation aims to constantly update the recruitment methodology and act as the adviser to the state government in the best interest of the common public.
Key Roles and Functions of TNPSC
The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is the top authority entrusted with the responsibilities to conduct recruitment for the state services. This includes, but is not limited to the civil services. It also conducts another recruitment and at the same time acts as an adviser to the state government in such matters. The main roles and functions of TNPSC are enlisted and briefly explained below.
- The Commission acts as the superior authority in the state that is consulted for all matters related to the norms of recruitment for the Civil Services and other Civil departments in the state of Tamil Nadu.
- The Commission is entrusted with the authority to conduct exams and selection tests for direct recruitment to the services of the state.
- Engages actively in matters of departmental promotion, transfer of authority, and acts as a consultation in matters regarding disciplinary cases.
- The Commission also conducts departmental tests, promotion, and regularisation of temporary appointments.
Events of TNPSC Recruitment 2021
Similar to different other state public service commissions in India and the Union Public Service Commission, TNPSC conducts different recruitment exams as per norms. Conventionally, the corresponding recruitment event is advertised through the website following which, the commission registers applicants and allows them to appear in different recruitment examinations. Check out the terminology of TNPSC recruitment events here.
TNPSC Advertisement – The advertisement is the official and initial press release regarding the recruitment event. It might also be referred to as the information brochure, official notification, or simply he detailed advertisement. The document contains the intricate details of the recruitment and is often released with indications of the tentative schedule of succeeding events.
TNPSC application form – The Commission accepts registration requests from eligible candidates through the application form. It is published in the form of a digital document which must either be filled and submitted online or download, filled up and sent to specified address.
TNPSC admit card – The admit card is proof of eligibility for the candidates to appear in an exam. Those who apply successfully, are issued the admit card for the particular stage of the exam right before the exam. This is an important piece of document that must be produced at the exam center in order to gain access to the exam hall.
TNPSC answer keys – The answer keys contain the correct answers to all the questions asked in different exams of the TNPSC. The answer keys are published to ensure transparency in the evaluation methods and candidates are also allowed to challenge the answer keys in specific recruitment.
TNPSC result – The results are released as a merit list of shortlisted candidates after each selection test/exam is over.
Key TNPSC Recruitment 2021 Events
The following are the various recruitments/selections made by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
- Deputy Collector
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (Category–I)
- District Registrar, Registration Department
- Assistant Director of Rural Development Department (Panchayat) / Personal Assistant (Development) to Collector
- District Employment Officer
- Divisional Officer in Fire and Rescue Services
- Assistant Commissioner (C.T.)
- Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies
Group I A Services
- Assistant Conservator of Forests
Group I B Services
- Assistant Commissioner, H.R. & C.E
- Group I C ServicesDistrict Educational Officer
Combined Civil Services Examination-II (Group-II) (Interview post)
- Deputy Commercial Tax Officer
- Municipal Commissioner, Grade-II
- Junior Employment Officer (Non-Differently Abled)
- Junior Employment Officer (Differently Abled)
- Sub-Registrar, Grade-II
- Assistant Inspector of Labour
- Assistant Section Officer (Other than Law and Finance Department)
- Assistant Section Officer (Law Department)
- Assistant Section Officer (Finance Department)
- Assistant Section Officer in the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
- Assistant Section Officer-cum-Programmer
- Assistant Section Officer, Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat Service
- Probation Officer, Social Defence
- Probation Officer, Prison Department
- Industrial Co-operative Officer, Industries Commissioner and Director of Industries and Commerce
- Women Welfare Officer, Social Defence
- Deputy Inspector of Survey Director of Survey and Settlements
- Senior Inspector of Co-operative Societies in Reg.Co-op City
- Receptionist, Thamizhagam Guest House, Udhagamandalam
- Supervisor of Industrial Co-operatives Industrial Commissioner and Director of Industries and Commerce Department
- Project Assistant Adi-Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Department
- Audit Inspector in the Audit wing Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Administration Department
- Assistant Inspector of Local Fund Audit Department and Internal Audit Department
- Supervisor / Senior Clerk / Head Accountant / Junior Superintendent in the Tamil Nadu Agricultural Marketing Subordinate Service
- Assistant Jailor, Prison Department
- Assistant in Revenue Department
- Executive Officer, Grade-II in Town Panchayats Department
- Special Assistant in DVAC
- Handloom Inspector
- Special Branch Assistant in Intelligence Wing of Police Dept.
- Senior Inspector of Co-operative Societies in Milk Production and Dairy Development
- Assistant Inspector of Labour
- Audit Assistant in Accounts Branch in Highways Dept.
Combined Civil Services Examination-II (Group-II A Services) (Non-Interview post)
- Accountant in the Treasuries and Accounts Department
- Junior Co-operative Auditor
- Assistant in Secretariat (Other than Law and Finance)
- Junior Technical Assistant, Civil Supplies Department
- Personal Clerk (Other than Law and Finance Department)
- Personal Clerk (Law Department)
- Personal Clerk (Finance Department)
- Personal Clerk in the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
- Personal Clerk, Tamil Nadu State Planning Commission
- Steno-Typist in Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat Service
- Assistant in various departments Commissioner of Revenue Administration, Industries and Commerce, Medical and Rural Health Services, Registration, Transport, Prison, Police, Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection, Land Administration, Land Reforms, Fisheries, PWD, Technical Education, Backward Classes, Labour, Employment and Training, Commercial Taxes, Highways and Rural Development and Panchayat Raj, Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Archives and Historical Research, Forest, H.R & C.E., Social Defence, NCC., Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services, Vigilance & Anti Corruption Dept., Information and Public Relation, School Education.
- Assistant in Secretariat Department (Finance Department)
- Assistant in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
- Lower Division Clerk in Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly, Secretariat
- Planning Junior Assistant
- Receptionist (Small Savings Department)
- Assistant in Law Department
- Assistant in Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat Service
Combined Civil Services-III (Group-III Services)
- Station Fire Officer
Combined Civil Services-III (Group-III A Services)
- Junior Inspector of Co-operative Societies
- Assistant Supervisor of Industrial Co-operative Societies
- Store Keeper in Employment and Training (Training wing) Department
- Store-Keeper, Grade-II in Industries and Commerce Department
- Junior Assistant (Security & Non-Security)
- Bill Collector
- Steno-Typist, Grade-III
- Field Surveyor
Group-V A Services
- Assistant in Secretariat (Recruitment by transfer) (Other than Law and Finance Department)
- Forest Apprentice
Group-VII A Services
- Executive Officer, Grade-I
Group-VII B Services
- Executive Officer, Grade-III
- Executive Officer, Grade-IV
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission was initially established as the Madras Service Commission in the year 1929. It was established under the provisions of the Act of Madras Legislature, 1929. Initially, it started with only three members headed by the Chairman but was later rechristened as the Madras Public Service Commission during the reorganization of the state in 1957. When the state was officially renamed as Tamil Nadu in the 1970s, the official name was automatically changed to Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.