UPPRPB is recruiting candidates for UP Police Constable 2018. The UP Police Bharti is open for posts of Resident Citizen Police (RCP) and Reservoir Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC). The application form for the UP Police Constable Bharti 2018 was available until February 22, 2018. The candidates could apply for 41520 vacancies from the official website, uppbpb.gov.in. For the recruitment, the exam is scheduled to be held on June 18 & 19, 2018. The recruitment will be done on the basis of written examination, followed by document verification and physical test. The candidates can check complete details about all the stages and events of UP Police Constable 2018 from this page.
UP Police Constable 2018
Salary Details: The selected candidates will get a monthly pay of Rs.21700. The actual pay scale will be 5200-20200, along with the grade pay of Rs. 2000. If you are interested in UP PoliceConstablee / Bharti 2018 Recruitment do check the dates below and then proceed further.
|Start of application form submission||22 Jan 2018|
|End of application form submission||22 Feb 2018|
|Last date to pay application fee||23 Feb 2018|
|Issuance of UP Police Recruitment 2018 Admit Card||A week or two before the exam|
|UP Police Constable written exam date||18 & 19 Jun 2018|
Update on UP Police Vacancy
Candidates upset over Age Limit Criteria: For UP Police Recruitment 2018, the deprived youth have taken the path of the movement. The age limit for Uttar Pradesh Police 2018 is calculated as on July 01, 2017. Since last year the recruitment exam was not conducted, the age limit of such candidates have exceeded the prescribed age limit for filling the UP Police Online Form 2018. Such youths have decided to conduct a meeting over this issue.
UP PoliceConstable Recruitment 2018 Details
Here we have provided complete details of the recruitment including Salary, Category wise number of vacancies, etc.
Vacancy Details: There are 23,520 vacancies for Constable Civil Police and 18,000 vacancies of Provincial Armed Constabulary Direct Recruitment 2018. The category wise vacancies are as follows:
|Category||Constable Civil Police||Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC)||Total|
Eligibility Criteria for UP Police Constable 2018
Before you proceed to apply online for the UP Police Recruitment 2018, ensure that you fulfill the eligibility criteria. It is important that you should fulfill all the eligibility conditions as if selected for the post, the eligibility criteria will be verified by UPPRPB. Check the eligibility criteria to apply for UP Police Constable Recruitment 2018 below.
Age Limit for Female Candidates
- The female candidate should be of 18 years as on date July 01, 2018 and not have attained the age of 25 years i.e. the candidate should not be born before July 02, 1993 and after 01 July 2000.
Age Limit for Male Candidates
- The male candidate should be of 18 years as on date July 01, 2018 and not have attained the age of 22 years, i.e. the candidate should not be born before July 02, 1996 and after 01 July 2000.
The candidate should have passed Class 12th or its equivalent examination from a recognized board/ Institution.
UP Police Constable Application Form 2018
The application form for UP Police 2018 is available online. The candidates need to register and submit the application form by online mode only at, prpb.gov.in. The applications submitted by post/ courier, etc will not be acceptable. Follow the instructions given below to apply online for UP Police Recruitment.
- Click on the Application Form link given in the Quick Links section above.
- Next, the candidate need to enter the Personal Information such as their Name, Gender, Category, Date of Birth, Mother’s and Father’s Name, etc and Educational Qualification Details such as Name of the Board, Year of Passing, Status of the Qualifying examination Result, etc.
- Submit the registration details and upload scanned images of your Photograph and Signature. The images should be uploaded as per the format and dimensions given.
- Finally, pay the application fee by online mode and submit the application form.
- Also, after finally submitting the application form, take a print out of the completed application form.
You will need to pay an amount of Rs. 400 in order to apply for the Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment. The application fee is to be paid by either of the following modes:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
UP Police Constable Admit Card 2018
The UPPRPB will issue the admit card for only those candidates who will successfully submit the application duly completed in all aspects with payment. The UP Police Admit Card is essential as, without the admit card, you will need to allowed to enter the examination center. The admit card will be available for download at the official website of UPPRPB. To download it, enter details such as Registration Number, Date of Birth, Category, etc. The UP Police Constable 2018 Admit Card will consist of the information about the exam date, timings, and address of the test center.
Exam Pattern for UP Police Constable 2018
The exam pattern for UP Police Recruitment 2018 is as follows:
- Mode of the examination: It will be a written exam
- Type of Questions: There will be Objective Type MCQ questions
- Total Marks: The exam will be of 300 marks
- Negative Marking: There is a negative marking for every incorrect answer
|General knowledge and Current Affairs||150|
UP Police Constable Syllabus
One of the important part of the preparation is to know the syllabus. The preparation becomes quite an easy task if you are well aware of the exam pattern and syllabus. To prepare for the written exam, it is advised to study as per the syllabus only. The syllabus for UP Police Constable Written exam is given below:
|Serial Number||General Knowledge||Current Affairs||Reasoning Ability||Numerical Ability|
|1||History||Current events of National and International importance||Analogies||Number System|
|3||Geography||Appointment||Differences||Decimals and Fraction|
|4||Economics||Prize||Space visualization||Highest common factor and lowest common multiple|
|5||Constitution||Important Places||Problem solving||Ratio and Proportion|
|6||Sports||Main Committees and Commissions||Analysis and Judgement||Percentage|
|7||Literature||Burning Issues and Disputes||Decision-making||Profit and Loss|
|8||Science||Major Settlements||Visual memory||Discount|
|9||Specific knowledge about Education, Culture and Social Custom of Uttar Pradesh||Judicial Decisions||Discrimination||Simple interest|
|10||Revenue, Police and General Administration System in Uttar Pradesh||Books and Authors||Observation||Compound interest|
|11||Protection of Women and Children||Abbreviations||Relationship||Partnership|
|12||Basics/Fundamental of Information & Communication Technology||Miscellaneous||Concepts||Average|
|13||Basics of Language-Hindi Grammar||–||Arithmetical Reasoning||Time and Work|
|14||–||–||Verbal and figure classification||Time and Distance|
|15||–||–||Arithmetical number series||Use of Tables and Graphs|
|16||–||–||Abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationships||Mensuration|
|17||–||–||Arithmetical computations and other analytical functions||Miscellaneous|
- Click Here to check the Complete Syllabus for UP Police Recruitment
- Click Here to download the previous year question paper.
Preparation Tips for UP Police Constable 2018
Every year lakhs of candidates apply for the Uttar Pradesh Bharti 2018. The formula for success is quite simple, be determinant of your goal and work hard towards it. The standard of the questions in the exam will be of Class 12th. So, if you will manage your time well, you will be able to qualify the exam. Here are few tips which can help you while preparing for the exam:
- Prepare only as per the topics given in the syllabus.
- Since there will be a negative marking, do not answer every question. Go ahead with only those questions you are confident about. If you are doubtful of any question, do not attempt it.
- Plan a study table. For example, in the first 03 weeks take three or four topics from each subject and complete it within the planned schedule.
- Recent studies have shown that studying during the night is most effective. During the night, you are at peace as there is no one to disturb you, so can prepare your notes or study material during the daytime and study peacefully at night. However, this may depend on person to person. It is just one of the ways for studying.
- Always keep a pen or pencil or marker in your hand and mark important points. This will be useful at the time of revision.
Preparation Strategy for General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Preparing for this section may be a bit hard but not impossible. This section is one of the most scoring section.
- Read newspaper daily on both national and international news.
- You can also read GK and Current Affairs Magazines such as Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, etc.
Preparation Strategy for Reasoning Ability and Numerical Ability
- This section plays an important role in mostly every Competitive examination.
- Practice is the key for qualifying. If you will practice well and your concepts are clear, it will be a piece of cake for you to clear this section.
- Reasoning Ability checks the mental strength and judgment of the applicants.
- After you have completed this section you can take an online mock test to check how well you have prepared.
- Study from only limited books.
- Solve Model Papers and Previous Year Question Papers.
- For Numerical Ability test, note down the formulas, wherever applicable.
Recommended Books for UP Police 2018
In the table below, we have provided a list of few books which are highly recommended for preparation of Uttar Pradesh Constable Bharti exam.
|U.P.POLICE / P.A.C CONSTABLE (AARAKSHI) SIDHI BHARTI PARIKSHA PRACTICE SET AND SOLVED PAPERS||Buy Here|
|Mathematics & Airthmatics Subject Practice Paper Sets for Police Exams||Buy Here|
|COMBO SET UP POLICE CONSTABLE + SOLVED PAPER + PRACTICE SET(P.A.C. EXAM 2018)||Buy Here|
|UP Police Constable Recruitment Exam Guide||Buy Here|
UP Police Result 2018
The result of UP Police Recruitment 2018 will be published online at the official website of UPPRPB, upprpb.gov.in. The result will consist of the marks obtained by the candidate in the written examination and the status of the result. Those who will qualify the written examination will then be eligible for the next round of the selection process, i.e., Document Verification. The candidates will be selected for the posts on the basis of the merit in the written examination and satisfy the other eligibility conditions of the selection process.
UP Police Constable Selection Process 2018
The recruitment of candidates will be on the basis of the written examination, verification of documents and physical standard tests, physical fitness test and selection and final qualification lists. Only those who will clear the mentioned stages will be recruited for the prescribed post.
A. Written Examination – First, the exam conducting body will issue admit card for the registered candidates to appear for the written exam, The written exam will consist of MCQ questions from General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Reasoning Ability, Numerical Ability. It will be of 300 marks.
B. Document Verification: Candidates who will qualify the written examination, will then be called for document verification and physical standard tests. Keeping in view the total number of vacancies, the board will decide on the merit basis and the number of candidates to be called for this test according to the reservation policy of the state.
The selected candidates need to carry the following documents at the time of verification:
- Class 10 and 12th or its equivalent examination certificate in proof of qualified the examination and Date of Birth.
- Preferential qualification records (if any) :
- ‘O level certificate in computer from DOEACC / NIELIT Society OR
- Minimum two-year service certificate in regional service OR
- National Cadet Corps ‘B’ Certificate
- For those seeking reservation and age relaxation benefits need to produce the following documents (if applicable):
- Uttar Pradesh’s original residence certificate
- Caste certificate
- Dependents of freedom fighters must have a certificate issued by the state government in the approved format.
- Ex-servicemen should have unit discharge certificate, no objection certificate by the unit commandant, Indian special army certificate of education issued.
- District commandant, home guards issued service certificate. As on the last date of application, the home guard should have completed at least 3 years of service.
- Certificate issued by the working staff of Uttar Pradesh state seeking age relaxation.
Physical Standard for UP Police 2018
The physical standards of the candidates are as follows:
For Male Candidates
|Without expansion||With expansion|
|General/ OBC/ SC||168 cms||79 cms||84 cms|
|ST||160 cms||77 cms||82 cms|
For Female Candidates
|General/ OBC/ SC||152 cm||40 kg|
|ST||147 cms||40 kg|
UP Police Physical Efficiency Test 2018
After the verification of document and Physical Standard Test, the candidates will proceed to the physical efficiency test. It will be of qualifying in nature. In order to qualify the physical fitness test, it will be necessary to complete the following tasks:
- For Male Candidates- Complete a race of 4.8 km in a maximum of 25 minutes
- For Female Candidates- Complete a race of 2.4 km in a maximum of 14 minutes.
UP Police Final Merit List 2018
A final selection list of each of the successful candidates in physical efficiency test will be prepared keeping in view the reservation policy. The final merit list will then be sent to the Head of the Department. The Appointing Authority will be able to issue appointment letters subject to the medical examination of the candidates approved by the Head of the Departments and the character verification.
UP Police 2018 – Reservation
At the time of recruitment, as per regulations of the personnel department of Uttar Pradesh, only the domiciles of Uttar Pradesh will get the reservation. There are horizontal reservations for the following:
|Dependents of freedom fighters||02%|
|Reservation for females in Civil Police Department||20%|
Official Website: www.uppbpb.gov.in.