Union Public Service Commission or UPSC release notification for various posts to fill in vacancies for civil services in India. Since applicants would be gearing themselves for the written exam of Central Armed Police Force, the UPSC CAPF Syllabus provided by Union Public Service Commission would help you to prepare specific topics as required to be studied for Central Armed Police Force post. UPSC CAPF has two papers one would be objective and other is descriptive, Candidates have to clear both the exams to go to the next round of Physical test and Interview. Check the complete UPSC CAPF Syllabus written below in this article.
UPSC CAPF Syllabus PDF
UPSC CAPF has two papers ie Paper 1 and Paper 2 both will be conducted on the same day of the examination. Paper 1 would be of 250 Marks and Paper 2 would be of 200 Marks as notified by the commission.
Syllabus of Paper I – General Ability and Intelligence
Paper I is a General Ability and Intelligence exam which is objective in nature ie. MCQ type question will be there for the exam. The syllabus for the same broadly covers the topics mentioned below.
1. General Mental Ability – This topic generally tests the areas mentioned below.
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Numerical Ability
- Data Interpretation
2. General Science – This topic generally tests the areas mentioned below.
- General awareness
- Scientific Temper
- Comprehension and appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation including new areas of importance like Information Technology, Biotechnology, Environmental Science.
- Environmental Science
3. Current Events of National and International Importance – This topic generally tests the current events of national and international importance broadly covering the areas mentioned below.
- Culture, Music, Arts, Literature
- Governance, Societal and Developmental issues
- Industry, Business, Globalisation, and interplay among nations
4. Indian Polity and Economy – This topic generally tests the areas mentioned below.
- Country’s political system and the Constitution of India
- Country’s social systems and public administration
- Economic development in India
- Regional and International security issues and human rights
5. History of India – This topic generally tests the areas mentioned below.
- Social, economic and political aspects
- Areas of growth of nationalism and freedom movement.
6. Indian and World Geography – This topic broadly covers the physical, social and economic aspects of geography pertaining to India and the World.
Syllabus of Paper II – General Studies, Essay and Comprehension
Paper II is a General Studies, Essay and Comprehension exam which is descriptive in nature ie. essay, Comprehension etc. type question will be there in the exam.
Part-A – Essay questions which are to be answered in a long narrative form either in Hindi or English totaling 80 Marks. The topics generally include
- Modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle
- Polity and Economy
- Knowledge of security and human rights issues
- Analytical Ability
Part-B – Comprehension, precise writing, other communications/language skills – to be attempted in English only (Marks 120) – The topics generally includes
- Comprehension passages
- Precise writing
- Developing counter arguments
- Simple grammar and other aspects of language testing.
Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in