UPSC CDS 2 Admit Card 2018 – Candidates planning to appear for CDS 2 exam on November 18, 2018, must download the admit card now. The admit card of UPSC CDS exam is a crucial document and without it, the authority will not grant permission to enter the exam hall. The admit card will be available online at www.upsc.gov.in. Candidates can only avail CDS 2 Admit Card via login by submitting the Registration Number / Roll Number and Date of Birth. The Commission will not dispatch a print copy of the document. Check process for downloading UPSC CDS 2 Admit Card 2018, the process for removing errors, faqs and more details from this page.
UPSC CDS 2 Admit Card 2018
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will issue the admit card for the registered candidates. The UPSC CDS (2) Admit Card 2018 indicates candidate information, examination venue and timing details. Important Schedule for UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination (2) 2018 is as follows.
|Download UPSC CDS 2017 Admit Card||Last week of October 2018|
|CDS 2017 Examination||18 Nov 2018|
Admit Card: UPSC CDS 2 Admit Card 2018 will be available at www.upsc.gov.in.
What to Do If Unable to Download UPSC CDS 2 Admit Card 2018
If the candidate is unable to download the admit card of UPSC CDS 2018 or if it is not available then the candidates should contact UPSC Facilitation Counter.
Removal of Discrepancies in CDS 2 Admit Card
When the exam is around the corner, the candidates should take care of certain factors. The most important factor is that the admit card with errors will lead to cancellation of candidature. Hence, it is advised to the candidates that they check all the details on admit card, after downloading it.
If there is a discrepancy in the details then the candidates must contact UPSC as soon as possible. UPSC can be contacted at:
Address: Union Public Service Commission
Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi – 110069
E-mail ID: feedback-upsc[at]gov[dot]in
Instructions to be Followed If the Photograph is not Available in UPSC CDS 2 Admit Card 2018
As said above, it vital to ensure that all the details are apt on the admit card. This include photograph as well. If a candidate notices that the photograph is not available on the admit card then they need to:
- Carry 3 identical photograph, along with Identity Proof.
- Also carry the print out of the admit card.
Valid Photo ID Proof: Voter ID card with the image, Aadhaar Card with the image, Passport, PAN card with the image, College ID Card, etc.
Note: If a candidate has not informed UPSC about the problem(s) they will be solely responsible for the consequences.
How to Download UPSC CDS 2 Admit Card exam?
The procedure to download UPSC CDS 2 Admit Card 2018 is simple and candidate friendly. The candidates can check the steps by step procedure to download the admit card from below:
- Go to the official website of UPSC at upsc.gov.in or candidates can also follow the Admit card link provided above.
- Navigate to the link that says e-Admit Card – Combined Defence Services Examination (II), 2018.
- The landing page for reaching admit card download page shall appear, and it look like the image shown below.
- Click on the link and reach the instructions page.
- Select one of the options as shown on the page.
- Choose Registration Id or Roll Number option.
- If the candidates will opt for Registration ID then they need to enter Registration Id and Date of Birth but if the candidates choose Roll Number option then they will have to submit it Roll Number and Date of Birth.
- Click on “Submit” button.
- Check and download the CDS Admit Card.
Download and print the UPSC Combined Defence Services (II) e-admit card on a plain white sheet of paper. Take multiple print outs and keep it safe.
Significance of the UPSC CDS (2) admit card 2018
- No candidate will ordinarily be allowed to take the examination unless he/she holds an e-Admit Card for the examination.
- The hall ticket is a very important document for the examination and it should be carefully preserved.
- Do not tamper with the admission certificate. Do not make any markings on the UPSC CDS admit card issued by the Commission.
- Make sure that all details in the document are correct and verifiable.
Important Instruction after downloading Admit Card
- Check the e-Admit Card carefully and bring discrepancies, if any, to the notice of UPSC immediately.
- Mention your Name, Roll Number, Registration ID and Name & Year of the Examination in all the correspondence with UPSC.
- Candidates need to bring the e-Admit Card in each session. Candidates need to keep E-Admit Card safely because it will be required during SSB.
- You are responsible for safe custody of the e-Admit Card and in the event of any other person using this e-Admit Card.
- Candidates who do not have clear photographs on the e-admit card/signatures on the Scannable Attendance Lists will have to bring a photo identity proof viz. Adhar Card, Driving Licence, Passport, Voter I Card etc. and three passport size photographs one for each session for appearing in the examination with an undertaking.
FAQs on UPSC CDS 2 Admit Card 2018
Q. What to do if the UPSC CDS 2 admit card 2018 of another candidate is mistakenly received?
A. Candidates may please note that if their admit card for UPSC CDS 2018 has any mistakes, or it is issued in another candidate’s name – such a case should be immediately brought to the notice of the Commission. Candidate must carry admit card issued in their name only, and also all the details in the document should be correct and verifiable.
UPSC CDS Preparation Strategy and Important Books
The first step towards preparing for the Combined Defense Services examination is to know the exam pattern and syllabus.
#1 Exam Pattern
For Admission to Indian Academy, Indian Naval Acadmy and Air Force Academy
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 Hours||100|
For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
Services Selection Centres will conduct SSB interview for the candidates who willqualify the written examination.
# 3 Books to Prepare for CDS Exam
|Name of book||Author|
|Pathfinder CDS Examination Conducted by UPSC||Arihant Experts|
|Chapterwise-Sectionwise Solved Paper of CDS Mathematics, English, General Ability||Expert Compilation|
|10 Practice Sets CDS Examination Conducted by UPSC||Expert Compilation|
|Mathematics for CDS Entrance Exam||RS Agarwal|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||RS Aggarwal|
|Objective General English||RS Aggarwal|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|General Studies for All Competitive Examinations IAS, IFS, IES, IES/ISS, SCRA, CMS, CPF, CDS, NDA/NA, SSC, PSC Volume 1||Atlantic Research Division|
|General Studies for All Competitive Examinations IAS, IFS, IES, IES/ISS, SCRA, CMS, CPF, CDS, NDA/NA, SSC: Volume 2||Atlantic Research Division|
|Manorama Yearbook||Mathew, Mammen & Manorama, Malayala|
|General Knowledge by Manohar Pandey||Arihant Publications|
# 4 Practice from past year CDS question papers
Go through the question papers of last years Combined Defence Services examination. This will help you understand the standard of exam, pattern and difficulty level. You can chart your preparation after going through at least two-three question papers.
Insofar, Only UPSC CDS 2 2018 Exam Schedule has been announced. Rest of information on this page is based on last year information brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as UPSC releases UPSC CDS 2 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.