UPSC CDS 2 Application Form 2018 will be released online. The candidates can submit it from August 08 to September 03, 2018. The direct link to fill CDS Application Form 2018 will also be available on this page. The candidates must check eligibility for Combined Defence Services examination before filling UPSC CDS Application Form 2018.
The registration form is divided into two parts: Part 1 which is Registration and Part 2 i.e., Payment and Uploading of Documents. In Part 1 candidates will have to fill in all the details in the online form and in Part 2 make payment of the application fee charges and upload the documents as per the specified format. Read all the instructions carefully before filling the application form. For more information on CDS (II) 2018 application form, read the article below.
UPSC CDS (2) 2018 Online Application Form
Interested applicants can apply for CDS 2 exam 2018 by clicking on the link provided in this article. The applicants are advised to submit only a single application. Candidates fill only valid details in the online application form. If at any phase of the admission process, it will be found that the information provided is not correct, his/her candidature will be canceled immediately.
|Application form released on||08 Aug 2018|
|The deadline to submit the application form will lapse on||03 Sep 2018|
Candidates are required to apply through online mode only. No other for submission of application is allowed.
How to complete CDS 2 Apply Online? – Explained
The application form consists of two parts: Part I – Registration and Part II- Payment And Uploading of Documents. Without completing Part I, you can not proceed to Part II of the application process. Make sure you have filled in all the details in the online application, as incomplete applications will be rejected.
Follow these simple steps to register and fill details in the online application:
Step 1: Registration
To begin with the application process, you first need to register on UPSC official website. Enter personal details, academic details preference of the examination centre, after entering all the detail, click on Submit Button. If the applicant feels that any information in the online application form needs modification or changes, it can be done by clicking on ‘Preview’ tab. After ensuring the correctness of all the details, click on the declaration tab and click on Submit button. After clicking on the Submit button, a system generated Registration Number will be displayed on your screen. The same will also be sent to the registered mail ID.
Details to be filled for the Registration
- Name of the Applicant
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Aadhar Number
- Marital Status
- Address Details
- PIN code
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
Note: It is advised to take print out of the Part 1 registration.
Step 2: Part II of CDS (2) 2018 – Payment and Uploading of Documents
Login to your account by entering Registration Number and Date of Birth. The Part II of registration involves three steps:
- Making Payment
- Uploading Photograph
- Uploading Signature
Application Fee Charges
- The applicants are required to pay an amount of Rs 200/- (SC/ST and Female candidates are exempted from the application fee charges)
The fee can be paid by either depositing the money in any branch of the SBI or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using any Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
Uploading Photograph and Signature
|Documents to be uploaded||Format||Size||Pixel size|
|Photograph||jpg||Should not exceed 40 KB and must not be less than 3 KB||110 pixels height x 140 width|
|Signature||jpg||1 KB||140 pixel height x 110 width|
CDS Application Form 2018 for UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination II will be available online at the official website. Application Form of CDS (2) 2018 shall be filled and submitted by eligible candidates to appear in examination which is scheduled to be held on November 18, 2018.
To help candidates complete process of filling up CDS application form easily, detailed steps are given below.
Steps for UPSC CDS 2 Application Form 2018 with images
- Click on apply online link given above. You will reach page as shown below.
- Click on link that says “Click Here for PART I “.
- This takes you to page containing all instructions for online application form of UPSC CDS.
- Read all instructions carefully and follow them. After reading instructions, click on yes at bottom of page.
- Now you will reach UPSC CDS (2) 2018 Application Form Part I Registration.
- Enter details including name, gender, date of birth, father’s name, mother’s name, nationality, marital status, community, educational qualification, address, mobile number, email ID, Do you hold valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India), Preferences, Whether having/likely to have NCC ‘C’ Certificate Sr. Division (Army / Navy / AFA), Whether Serving in Armed Forces, Whether belong to Sainik School. Note that mandatory fields are marked with * (asterisk) sign.
- Pay application fee if applicable.
- Select centers for examination in order of preference. Note that centers selected in CDS Application Form 2018 will be final and cannot be changed.
- Upload photograph and signature as per specifications of CDS Application Form 2018.
- Agree to declaration.
- Submit application form of UPSC CDS (2) 2018.
Photograph specifications for CDS Application Form 2018
- Scanned photograph should be in JPG format.
- The digital size of file must be less than 40 kb and greater than 3 kb.
- Resolution 140 pixel height by 110 pixel width and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
Signature specifications for CDS Application Form 2018
- Upload your scanned signature in JPG format.
- The digital size of each file must be less than 40 kb and greater than 1 kb.
- Resolution 110 pixel height by 140 pixel width and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
Edit UPSC CDS (2) 2018 Application Form
Union Public Service Commission gives only one chance to fill and submit. Changes in form cannot be made after it will be submitted.
Multiple online forms filled for UPSC CDS
Candidate is advised to submit online one application form of CDS (2) 2018. Avoid multiple applications.
Still, if candidate has submitted more than one CDS Application Form 2018, form with higher Registration ID will be considered. Hence, candidate should ensure that application form with higher RID will complete in all respects.
Instructions for CDS Application Form
- The applicants are advised to check their e-mails at regular intervals and ensure that the email address ending with @nic.in are directed to their inbox folder and not to the SPAM folder or any other folder.
- Candidates are strongly advised to apply online well in time without waiting for the last date for submission of online application.
- Applicants should note that there will be a ceilling on the number of candidates allotted to each of the centres except Chennai, Delhi, Dispur, Kolkatta and Nagpur. Allotment of Centres will be on the first-apply-first-allot basis and once the capacity of a particular centre is attained, the same will be frozen.
- Applicants, who cannot get a centre of their choice due to ceiling, will be required to choose a Centre from the remaining ones. Applicants are, thus, advised that they may apply early so that they could get a Centre of their choice.
Insofar, Only UPSC CDS 2 2018 Exam Schedule has been announced. Rest of information on this page is based on last year information brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as UPSC releases UPSC CDS 2 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.